the legendary album covers thread

Apparently they did a revival last year.
It’s still probably better than Neal Patrick Harris’s attempt at Hedwig & The Angry Inch.

Apparently they did a revival last year.
It’s still probably better than Neal Patrick Harris’s attempt at Hedwig & The Angry Inch.

[[[Shivering at the thought of either]]]

I bought this album when I was in high school based on the cover. It’s one of those lenticular images, so try to imagine it in motion. High school me was pretty stoked.

[image]http://s.pixogs.com/image/R-168360-1306587049.jpeg[/image]

Hell yeah!

For whatever reason here are some of my favourite record covers of LPs I own…

I have to throw in the shot on the flip of Lord Upminster simply because there’s nothing cooler than Ian Dury hanging with Sly & Robbie!!!

Akbar always comes with the class, choice cuts…

I don’t actually own the 7" but Pansy Division’s Nine Inch Males cover is hilariously awesome hahaha

The inside sleeve of Moodymann’s Anotha Black Sunday 12" is on point too…

I have this (as well as #2) framed and on my office wall.
I’ve given a link (under the image) to a larger version. It’s really an incredible piece.

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/53443/50b7d89f3cc3a_53443b.jpg

I have this (as well as #2) framed and on my office wall.
I’ve given a link (under the image) to a larger version. It’s really an incredible piece.

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/53443/50b7d89f3cc3a_53443b.jpg

Haha awesome!

I wanna play with all of those nipples underneath the kung fu dragon album!!![:P]

I wanna play with all of those nipples underneath the kung fu dragon album!!![:P]

Oh yeah totally. That’s Lee Hazlewood with all his worshipping chicks. I love how they’re all sporting the classic Hazlewood tash! Haha Lee was totally pimping. The album is his LHI Years - Singles Nudes & Backsides 1968-1971. It rules.

I used to have this cassette back in the day. I always thought it looked so brutal and bleak. Simple and clean, but . . . damn, I don’t know. There’s something so badass about it.

That’s Cropsey from the early 80s horror film The Burning.

^THANKS!

I thought it was recycled imagery, but didn’t know what from. I just looked up the film. The posters are incredible.

Tool works very hard to make sure buying a physical is the way to go.

Well essentially they haven’t released anything in the digital mp3/iTunes age.

^THANKS!

I thought it was recycled imagery, but didn’t know what from. I just looked up the film. The posters are incredible.

The dudes that funded it or produced it ended up running a pretty major successful film studio or the like if I remember rightly.

I used to watch the Burning loads when I was a kid…it scared the pants off me. There’s a great scene where a bunch of pesky kids are on a raft and Cropsey jumps up and chops one of the teens fingers off with his hedge clippers!!!

[reply]Tool works very hard to make sure buying a physical is the way to go.

Well essentially they haven’t released anything in the digital mp3/iTunes age.[/reply]

Hopefully Tool’s tradition of not releasing anything will continue.

[reply][reply]Tool works very hard to make sure buying a physical is the way to go.

Well essentially they haven’t released anything in the digital mp3/iTunes age.[/reply]

Hopefully Tool’s tradition of not releasing anything will continue.[/reply]

Here here!!! Haha