Seen any good movies lately?

Just saw '71, it was good and tense and morally oblique.

Yeah, it’s great, very well made, i like it when i get a foreigner’s view of the place where i live, i think the director’s Dutch or German, so it’s cool to see an outside view of it. The wee boy whose uncle was in the UDA was very funny.

[reply]Just saw '71, it was good and tense and morally oblique.

Yeah, it’s great, very well made, i like it when i get a foreigner’s view of the place where i live, i think the director’s Dutch or German, so it’s cool to see an outside view of it. The wee boy whose uncle was in the UDA was very funny.[/reply]

That bar scene with the boy was danged intense.

If anybody out there is contemplating seeing Chappie sometime over the next few days, please take my advice: DON’T!

Fuck you, I’m gonna see it

Fuck you, I’m gonna see it

OK so…what happened? I’m curious as to whether you saw it and whether you thought it was as terrible as I did.

Cos it really stank.

bump just because.

What We Do In The Shadows was very funny, and It Follows was pretty good.
Daredevil’s been a great show so far.

I mentioned in The Thread About NOTHING that I had recently saw The Shining on the big screen. I also rediscovered my love for The Stoned Age. That movie should’ve been more of a hit. I guess the excessive use of adult language wouldn’t allow it to be nothing more than a cult classic.

The Bird People in China…I’ve been watching Takashi Miike films for the better part of 15 years but for some reason never saw this one…I was really missing out…what a beautifully done film…

The Bird People in China…I’ve been watching Takashi Miike films for the better part of 15 years but for some reason never saw this one…I was really missing out…what a beautifully done film…

The trailer for Miike’s new film is typically bizarre, seemingly more in a good-natured violent way than a rapey violent way in this one.

https://youtu.be/8hPKxeTni4k

The last thing of major interest i watched recently was the Daredevil series, it was fantastic. Not a movie, though, the finale of Justified was also excellent, i’ll miss it now that it’s finally finished. The last film i saw that i recall was that new Kurt Cobain documentary, ugh, it really annoyed the shit out of me. The audience were all fawning over Kurt and his pig-ugly parasite of a wife, but i thought it was pretty pompous and arty and didn’t enjoy it at all.

[The last thing of major interest i watched recently was the Daredevil series, it was fantastic.

Daredevil was fantastic. I binged watched it in a single weekend. I’ve also been watching Arrow and Flash.

I haven’t been watching a lot of movies lately, the quality of TV shows has been eclipsing movies, at least in my opinion.

The most recent movie I watched was Lucy. Not a 10/10 movie, but it was good and unique.

Yeah, Arrow and Flash are both good craic, i always have a good chuckle at them, and probably roll my eyes pretty frequently as well. Gotham’s good too.

Kurt Cobain - Documentary Montage Of Heck

how many here seen it and what did you think of it.

Kurt Cobain - Documentary Montage Of Heck

how many here seen it and what did you think of it.

Saw it in the cinema a few weeks ago, didn’t like it, but i’m not a Nirvana fan, there was too much arty shit in it for my liking. If it had been a straight documentary i’d have probably enjoyed it, but it was much too unfocused and arty.

Pretty much my response. Way too artsy for its own good. I found it as frustrating as I did Nirvana themselves. And there are glaring omissions in the story too.

I’m waiting to see soaked in bleach , now this looks like the real film to watch.

Soaked In Bleach was a great film. for the lucky ones who got to see it.

Soaked In Bleach was a great film. for the lucky ones who got to see it.

Was it in the cinema or downloaded? I’m interested in seeing it, the other recent Cobain documentary was arty bullshit.

Cinema …where i seen it…

Just saw The Karate Kid in the theater the other night. I came in style with my Cobra Kai zip hoodie and even got some cupcakes before the show for answering some trivia question that had to do with the franchise. It’s hilarious how I root for the bad guys in movies like that now.

GET EM A BODYBAG!!! YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!