Seen any good movies lately?

and of course there is also Brain Dead which is awesome…

Why Frank Henenlotter doesn’t have a star on Hollywood Blvd is beyond my comprehension. His movies are all just incredible and the effects are always totally badass. I love the melted pile of dead hooker parts flopping around and mutating in “Frankenhooker”.

Why Frank Henenlotter doesn’t have a star on Hollywood Blvd is beyond my comprehension. His movies are all just incredible and the effects are always totally badass. I love the melted pile of dead hooker parts flopping around and mutating in “Frankenhooker”.

Frankenhooker,wow…been a while since I’ve seen that one…

Brain Damage is the follow up to Basket Case,which I also own…my copy of Brain Damage is unrated and has a couple of gory scenes that weren’t on the rated version…

damnit you beat me to the punch! haha i was just about to bring up the basket case connection.

LOVE that movie as well. and the voice of the ‘damager’ in BD is Zacherley The Cool ghoul. the absolute king of late night horror movie shows. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Zacherle

Strange I was just talking about Frankenhooker the other day. “Wanna date?”

Frankenhooker>Frankenpenis

[reply]Brain Damage is the follow up to Basket Case,which I also own…my copy of Brain Damage is unrated and has a couple of gory scenes that weren’t on the rated version…

damnit you beat me to the punch! haha i was just about to bring up the basket case connection.

LOVE that movie as well. and the voice of the ‘damager’ in BD is Zacherley The Cool ghoul. the absolute king of late night horror movie shows. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Zacherle[/reply]

Wow,I remember seeing Zarcherley on Night Flight one time,I believe…

Wow,I remember seeing Zarcherley on Night Flight one time,I believe…

Zach is the man, and one of the nicest people ever.

also yes, Frankenhooker is MUCH better (and less… weird sad) than Frankenpenis.

Yeah,he always did good work before and after he got famous…he also made some cool albums with Buckethead…

He did WHAT?!

Yeah he has done 4 or 5 ambient/spoken word albums with Buckethead…I have all of them…good stuff,if you are in to that kind of thing…

Some classic 80’s schlock. Saw pretty much all of these at the cinemas back in the day:

Class Of Nuke’em High
The Toxic Avenger
Class of 1984
Slaughter High
Motel Hell
From Beyond
Silver Bullet
Deadly Friend
The Gate
Ghoulies
The Puppetmaster

Cousin Eddie is legendary…I always loved the part where he asks Clark if he wants a beer and then proceeds to give Clark the one he was drinking and cracks a fresh one for himself…

That is the best part of vacation. I always reference that scene. I could watch that scene over and over again.

“I bet you could use a cold one, huh?”
“Now your talking.”
“Here ya’ go.”

I laugh hard every time.
Late,
grmpysmrf

[reply]
so how about Boxing Helena?

I know nothing about it.[/reply]
It’s a fucked up movie. (I saw it 20 years ago but what I remember) this doctor likes this bitchy nurse and she doesn’t like him back so after a car crash he kidnaps her an starts cutting her limbs off in an effort to show her how much he loves her. “See I don’t care that you’re a quadriplegic, I still love you.” The Newfits’ song “helena” is based on that movie. It’s a catchy song too. anyway it’s certainly worth a watch. I’d love to see it again.

Apparently, the lynch girl has a new movie that just hit blu ray but I don’t remember what it was called or what it was about but I remember thinking after I read the summary on the back and thinking it sounded cool but I didn’t want to plunk down 30 bucks on a “maybe” movie.
Late,
grmpysmrf

The newest Jen Lynch movie is called “Chained” and stars Vincent D’Onofrio. She was hosting a screening of it at the local theatre when my wife and I were up there but we didn’t care to go.

Some classic 80’s schlock. Saw pretty much all of these at the cinemas back in the day:

Class Of Nuke’em High
The Toxic Avenger
Class of 1984
Slaughter High
Motel Hell
From Beyond
Silver Bullet
Deadly Friend
The Gate
Ghoulies
The Puppetmaster

From Beyond is a killer one. i love that movie. From Beyond, Re-Animator, most of Stewie Gordon’s stuff is priceless. didnt care about Castle Freak at all really though…

his newer (2007 but still) film ‘Stuck’ was AWESOME. you should really look out for that one.

and the new movie out by Jen Lynch is ‘Chained’, and i loved it. brilliant work by Vincent D’Nof. he always delivers but this film was particularly stunning. the film she did before it, ‘Hiss’, was… ok. a little too divisive for its own good, but still. but ‘Surveillance’ was a brutal work of art. so in general she is playing on a 75% win rate. actually better than her father at this point. haha.

and 30 bucks is madness for a blu-ray. i picked up Chained when it first came out at Best Buy for like 11 bucks. i think you can snag it up real cheap on Amazon as well.

Just saw Spring Breakers and man I thought it was utter horse shit!!! Never has a film tried so hard to be so arty and edgy and failed so badly. The first 40 mins is just complete garbage where you are subjected to hip kids showing you how to really party… then the next 40 mins is a gangster story you’ve seen a million times but done poorly. Total crap.

On the plus side James Franco is brilliant…regardless a polished turd is still a turd.

The World’s End was good fun.

Just saw Spring Breakers and man I thought it was utter horse shit!!! Never has a film tried so hard to be so arty and edgy and failed so badly. The first 40 mins is just complete garbage where you are subjected to hip kids showing you how to really party… then the next 40 mins is a gangster story you’ve seen a million times but done poorly. Total crap.

On the plus side James Franco is brilliant…regardless a polished turd is still a turd.

100% agreed. Movie was crap but Franco was brill. I didn’t even know it was him for a while.

I thought “Conger” was good. It was scary as shit without all the gore. But I do love me some gore.

I watched Frozen Ground the other night, with Nicolas Cage as a cop in Alaska and John Cusack as a seemingly normal guy who is an undetected mass murderer of women. Cage is the best he’s been for a long time, but the real standout is Vanessa Hudgens, of all people. She’s absolutely fantastic in it. Good movie, based on a true story.

Also watched We’re The Millers, which i expected to be crap, but it was hilarious. I loved it.

It’s obviously a very polarizing film…people either seem to love it or hate it…as I’ve stated,I loved it…yet,I can definitely understand why people would dislike it…but I didn’t ever feel he was trying to be edgy or arty…as Korine has stated the film is about “surfaces”…and if you get what he is saying there then I think the film succeeds…he also talks about there being a “liquid narrative”…I think the film moves more as a musical piece than a straight up cinematic narrative…it’s impressionistic and moody and I think he was trying to capture that more than a comprehensive story line…the story for me was an after thought,I just liked the way it kind of breezed through me…especially with all the time dysfunction and repeated phrases…that being said,I totally understand someone not digging it…you gotta love Franco though and if you can’t enjoy the cinematography and color scheme well then I don’t know what to say to that…cuz that aspect was masterfully executed…