1 Like

Lords of the New Church- Open your Eyes

Pig uploaded a pristine looking video of Painiac

1 Like

Big Star- #1 Hit Record
Cheap Trick-Heaven Tonight

Pink Floyd - The Later Years box set
Prince - 1999 box set

How’s that Floyd boxset? Fuckin a that thing is expensive. I have to say though the re-edting of the concert DVD showed that put a lot of work into the project. I mean that thing is completed re-edited.

clips showing the difference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOXcOcsayg

1 Like

I don’t know about the visual stuff; I “liberated” mp3s of the 2019 mix of Momentary Lapse, the Knebworth show, and the expanded Delicate Sound Of Thunder. Both Knebworth and DSOT are nice, but the real gem here is the “2019 mix” of Momentary Lapse. They refined the keyboards and added new drumming, which I don’t mind because it was done under the auspices of the original creators, and overall the effect is… nothing short of astonishing. “The Dogs Of War” actually sounds menacing. I can’t stop listening to it, even though I first heard it decades ago. If it ever becomes available on its own, jump on it.

You’re right, tho, the box set is prohibitively expensive. I will not be owning this release in its physical form, unfortunately.

I dunno, I listened to it this morning and found it underwhelming. Certainly not different enough to merit the purchase price.

For non-Waters Floyd I always preferred Division Bell to Momentary…I think Division is way underrated…

np:
Red House Painters-Old Ramon

I also found Momentary to be pretty ok but nothing that caused me to reevaluate that album. Division Bell I agree is the better post Waters album but it’s still only 50/50 and the dull stuff is pretty damned dull. Gilmore needed Waters and Waters needed Gilmore. Definitely better together.

Still waiting on my box set to arrive in the mail, but I have to say the re-editing and remixing is fantastic, even if it’s material we’ve heard before. Unreleased songs are solid. I just need a blu-ray drive for my PC so I can check out the surround mixes.

Aren’t the “unreleased” songs just the bits from the racecar VHS they did and a track or two that already appeared on some editions of Endless River?

I never did end up hearing Endless River…it’s mostly I instrumental if I remember correctly…

All but one track is instrumental. Mostly outtakes from '87-'92 with a few bits of organ taken from the late '60s.

Ok yeah now I remember reading that…after some reviews I read I was in no rush to hear it bit will give it a go over the weekend…

The unreleased tracks are unheard material from 1994. Sadly the La Carrera Panamericana soundtrack and the song “Peace Be With You” were intentionally left off the set. As far as I know La Carrera Panamericana is from 1991 and isn’t part of the Endless River.

Oh, I see now. Thanks for the clarification. I think I was confused because they’re just blues jams, like the Panamericana stuff.

I’m also listening to the three installments of the Watchmen soundtrack, courtesy of Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross. Their best non-NIN work since “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.” For the most part, the songs aren’t aimless ambient jams, they actually go somewhere. All 3 volumes are on streaming services, go check em out.

1 Like

Cash grab box set. In hindsight. I pretty much purchased a turntable for this this. No matter, I needed one anyway. I had been without since college. Nonetheless, the nostalgia of records are great. But give me my CDs any day.

2 Likes

Billy Idol The Very Best Of Billy Idol: Idolize Yourself
So, I’ve been in mourning. That absolutely beautiful girl (Who I was madly in love with at age 14) in the rock the cradle of love video who seduces that older dude and scampers around in a bra has turned into this old grandmotherly looking woman at aged 49. Fuck aging! Bring on Crispr!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCZuYS-9qaw