What are you listening to right now?

Silvertomb - Edge of Existence

Sounds like Seventh Void. They should’ve gotten Josh Silver to join.

Reznor/Ross - Watchmen

Their best soundtrack work in awhile.

frank zappa joe’s garage

I really like the Silvertomb album …also really like 7th Void…Josh will never be back in the fold…he will retire as a paramedic…

Joes Garage…excellent

tks , love Zappa ,joe’s one of my fav after Zoot Allures

Nailbomb - live album
Pantera - live bootleg
Ozzy Osbourne - “No More Tears”

Rory McFarlane’s OST to Cyber City Oedo 808.

Anthrax - Spreading The Disease

Old neofolk compilations of questionable politics

Life of Agony-The Sound of Scars

54 40 Baby Ran live at Dundas SQ

A bunch of Cabaret Voltaire

1 Like

Joe rogan experience podcast

The Damned
Eminem

I’m listening to Marilyn Manson’s cover of The Doors’ “The End” right now. I have no idea if this is good or not. I can’t even anymore.*

*The song was made on behalf of CBS All Access’ miniseries adaptation of Stephen King’s “The Stand.” A post-modern take on this song works well with the ideas behind the novel, but I’m not sure Manson’s the one to be involved. Worse yet, he’s announced that he has a role in the miniseries (whose casting is, at best, questionable). For those who know: If he’s cast as Trashcan Man, I’m washing my hands of the whole thing.

Have you read Stephen King’s “The Stand”? It’s an end-of-the-world epic (1000+ pages) that he describes as “the great American novel meets ‘Lord Of The Rings.’” They made a miniseries about 25 years ago. Now they’re re-doing it on a streaming service, and using MM’s new cover of “The End” as a piece of music – I dunno if it’s gonna be played live, or it’s just for the credits, or whatever.

Anyway. The Doors’ “The End” is a great “American” song and Marilyn Manson is an interesting choice to update it for modern times (note I said “interesting,” not “good”). He’s said to interviewers that he’s also starring in this miniseries. I hope he’s not playing a major character.

The Trashcan Man, btw, is a) the only character not to be cast yet; and b) a scene-stealing socially retarded pyromaniac who, in the sudden absence of people in America, blows up oil refineries for fun.

Hope that clears it up for you. :):relieved:

You mean they are making another version of The Stand? Good grief… The first one isn’t even that long in the tooth.

It doesn’t feel like it’s old, does it? But believe it or not, it’s been 25 years…

Without streaming or cable involvement, any adaptation of the book would be disappointingly neutered. As for the book itself, I would urge everyone here to read it. It’s a daunting task - big book - but you’ll never forget it. The second best end-of-the-world book ever (the first being Cormac McCarthy’s “The Road”).

Jimi Hendrix - Songs For Groovy Children: The Fillmore East Concerts

5 disc boxset just released yesterday. This is all 4 shows shows from the Band of Gypsys December 31 1969 (2 shows) and January 1 1970 (2 shows). The original Band of Gypsys album contained 6 songs picked from these four shows. I had these complete shows on bootleg but his estate just released, what I consider, the “blessed” versions. Jimi’s original sound engineer/producer redoes the recordings. They’re great. They’re also pure - which is something to be said for the bullshit hendrix recordings that were getting released in the 90s. With the meshing of tracks and overdubs from modern musicians. Don’t even get me started and those atrocities.

Fillmore east boxset, recommended.

Blood Incantation – fucking amazing, someone put Pink Floyd in my death metal
Siouxsie And The Banshees
Pigface

Take a drink each time he brings up DMT

You trying to kill me? Lol