What are you listening to right now?

Grumpy:

“Time hits the hardest blows,especially below the belt”
William S Burroughs

2 Likes

Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Watching Stargate and I’m hearing about a thousand Front Line Assembly samples everywhere lol.

1 Like

Controlled bleeding.

Words of the dying
Great song.
This band has confounded and confused me since I was a teenager.

2 Likes

Life of Agony-The Sound of Scars
Life of Agony-Ugly

The Essential Ozzy Osbourne
the new surprise Bring Me The Horizon album
Fantasia soundtrack
2pac

The Fireman
Wolves In The Throne Room
In The Woods

Rush all day in honor of Neil.

1 Like

Same here…

Yep me too…

Been listening to a lot of Floyd and solo-Floyd stuff. Hadn’t heard any of it (except for Roger Waters’ stuff) until now, which is surprising, because Floyd is one of my favorite bands, if not my all-time favorite. I like Gilmour’s stuff. Nick Mason is neat, too.

Not listening to Rush. It’s too raw. The last time I felt like this was when Chris Cornell died, and I didn’t listen to Soundgarden for months.

Also Public Enemy and Sir Mix-A-Lot. 36-24-36? Huh. Only if she’s 5’ 3". UH WHACK UH WHACK

The first David Gilmour solo album from the '70s is really good. “About Face” from the '80s is very '80s. “On An Island” from the '00s isn’t bad. “Rattle That Lock” from the '10s is awful.

If you liked Floyd’s “Division Bell” I recommend Rick Wright’s “Broken China” from 1996. It’s been out of print for ages so you’ll either have to find a used copy or listen on Youtube or torrent it.

Yeah I mostly agree on the Gilmour releases…I really like About Face though despite its 80s production techniques…I think it has some of his best songs…

Broken China is good despite being a bit sleepy…The Nick Mason stuff is very hit and miss,mostly miss…

Rogers best is Amused to Death(Jeff Beck ftw!!!) and of course the Final Cut is essentially a Waters solo album…one that I love,aware that I am in the minority…

1 Like

I love The Final Cut too, and I guess it’s his best “solo” album (the same way Momentary Lapse is Gilmour’s best “solo” album) but his best nominal solo album is, hands down, Is This The Life We Really Want. So good, and got not nearly enough attention.

I like Is This…but still way prefer Amused to Death…

And i like Gilmours first and About Face way more that Momentary Lapse…in fact I find Momentary a real chore to get through…

Opinions…

I find “On An Island” and “Rattle That Lock” to be little more than background music, essentially. I didn’t like “The Division Bell” at all, so I’ll stick to the earlier Rick Wright album based on your recco. :slight_smile:

I think “About Face” holds up well, though!

Agreed on the most recent Waters solo album. It got a bit of press, came out, and vanished.

The Final Cut is maybe one of the best underrated “difficult” albums of all time. I don’t know how I feel about calling it Pink Floyd, though. Kurt Loder was writing for “Rolling Stone” when it came out, and he gave it 5 stars. Just, so, you know.

i have not checked out a single floyd solo project record. i love floyd, always have. i listened to them so much that i actually expand into Alan Parsons’s Project to hear more floyd-ish music. i thought rattle that lock got good reviews. of course, i haven’t heard it outside the one single clips online so i’m speaking out of my ass.

Final Cut was gonna be used for the soundtrack for the film adaptation for The Wall…Anyone remember the short film they did for Final Cut with like 4 tracks from the album? I remember seeing the whole thing late at night on MTV…only once…

n/p: Code Orange “Underneath”