What are you listening to right now?

Scott Weiland’s first solo album. The STP “Purple” reissue bonus tracks. Fusion jazz Trio of Doom. Helmet.

Chaos Face-Doomride
Lull-Cold Summer
Cypher 7-Security
Divination-Akasha

A Flock of Seagulls
Grateful Dead
Murder Inc.

1 Like

Todd Rundgren-A Wizard,A True Star
Yes-Close to the Edge(Steven Wilson Remix)
Phantom of the Paradise Soundtrack

1 Like

Swans - leaving meaning.

Swans – what did you think? I listened to the first few tracks and got bored, frankly. There’s been a definite, but very gradual, drop in quality since The Seer, I think. Nick Cave & The Godspeed! You Black Emperor, amirite?

I like newer Swans but I do get a bit impatient with it for some reason and always end up going back to their 80s and 90s output…seeing Swans live is always a treat though…

I think it got better as it went along. I need an evening listening to it while reading by lamplight to see how it really effects me.

At any rate, I’ve switched gears to:
Sunn O))) - Pyroclasts

Which Nick Cave were you listening to,lowelly? I just listened to From Her to Eternity

Heard that one, too. It’s too droney for me. I liked LifeMetal… maybe this one will grow on me.

The new Nick Cave album, “Ghosteen.” It’s not like anything they’ve ever recorded. For him to release an album this good so late into his career is a testament to his massive talent.

Yeah I like Ghosteen a lot…although it doesn’t feel like a ‘Bad Seeds’ album…just feels like a Cave/Ellis album…great,moving stuff nonetheless…

Type O Negative.

While I certainly didn’t know it at the time but I had the good fortune or misfortune, take your pick, of being at the last TON show 10 years ago today. I’m pretty sure it was the last time I was at the dump aka Harpos as well. Saw many bands there back in the day. It had this truly wondrous smell of piss and vomit inside.

Ween
Bjork
Garbage
Tom Waits
Leonard Cohen

Type O all night…

1 Like

maybe ,also went by mindcrime

A bunch of Concrete Blonde

1 Like

80’s Iggy Pop

SAED-Trampoline.