What are you listening to right now?

I gave the Nick Cave a listen, too. Didn’t like it. It’s not that it’s bad, or different. I just like Cave in a raving, lunatic, speaking-in-tongues mood, not in a burnt-down-to-the-filter-cigarette and cup-o-joe mood. Ya know?

Napalm Death
Sick Of It All
Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy

New KMFDM…some of it is okay…

I really like it but it doesn’t feel like a Bad Seeds album at all…more of just a Cave/Ellis album…its like ambient goth or something haha…his stuff has gotten slower over the last few years…and sadder unfortunately due to his sons death…

I saw him live the other night - he did a terrifying version of Stagger Lee, so he can definitely bring the fire when he has a mind to.

Of course he still can…

Frank Zappa/Captain Beefheart-Bongo Fury

1 Like

It’s autumn, so it’s time for the Danzig family of products. A lot of Type O Negative, too. I finally got “The Origin Of The Feces,” and the banter is hysterical. “Hey sound man! Wake up, stupid.”

1 Like

Yeah there are some classic funny lines on Origin of the Feces…I will be playing a lot of TON as well this month…god damn I miss that band…looking forward to Silvertomb coming out in a couple weeks though…about as close as we are gonna get to TON…

not to ruin it for you, but Origin is kind of a tongue-in-cheek fake/in studio reenactment of their tour in case you didn’t know. I’ve been really into LIKM lately. I used to consider it a “weaker” TON album but it’s grown a lot for me over the years.

also looking forward to Silvertomb. didn’t know it was so close to release.

been getting into Soulfly lately, though they are kind of hit or miss.

Ministry wise I’ve taken a notice that Kaif is pretty underrated.

Kaif is very underrated. I knew about the Origin “gig,” too. What does LIKM stand for?

Yeah I knew that about Origin…TON made a career out of being tongue and cheek…its one of their endearing qualities…they never took themselves too seriously…I saw them many times live and Pete was always taking the piss out of them…

Oh and same for me with Life is Killing Me…that one grew on me over the years like crazy…one of my favorites now…

Life is Killing Me,lowelly…2003 release

I thought you were referring to a band (LIKM). Thx for clearing that up.

Type O opened for NIN on one of their Downward Spiral tours (I think this was before Woodstock, so they weren’t playing coliseums yet.) So was Femme 2 Femme, a faux-lesbian dance act. After Femme 2 Femme, Pete Steele would joke that the microphone smelled like tuna fish. On the last night of the tour, someone in Trent’s camp rubbed tuna fish all over the mic. I wish I could’ve seen Pete’s face!

That whole story may be apocryphal, granted. But I choose to believe it is true. Keeps me warm at night.

Peter was hilarious. I got into them when Dead Again came out and I kept seeing commercials for it during Headbanger’s Ball. I downloaded it to check it out and for the next month every day when I woke up I’d play it start to finish on the stereo before I got up for the day. Bought it and October Rust shortly after taking my time with it for a few months before buying World Coming Down and being floored all over again. Huge regret not seeing them the one chance I had. They were touring supporting Hatebreed and I strongly considered going for them but decided I’d wait until they came around again headlining instead since it would’ve costed me a couple hundred to get to them. They never made it back over here sadly.

I saw them on the World Coming Down tour…one of my favorites…Pete downed 3 bottles of wine and played the encores with the empty wine bottle…then he lead the crowd in a ‘Type O sucks’ chant…he was saying funny shit all night…

Kaif is a damn fine track.

I saw them in 95 (96?). I dropped acid and went to see them at Roseland NYC on Halloween. All I remember was that he introduced the recently “reunited” Misfits near the end, and let them play a few songs. I didn’t even know any Misfits songs at the time, so it went right over my head that night. Just like reality.

ministry 1988 live in toronto

Tom Waits - Blue Valentine
Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Revolting Cocks - Cocked & Loaded