What are you listening to right now?

Rage Against the Machine - XX (first album reissue)
TOOL - 10,000 days
TOOL - Aenima

I have this, too. How could I not, “Songs About Fucking” is one of my favorite albums of all time. This KID 606 album, tho, is unlistenable.

Prong - X: No Absolutes

I kinda wrote off Prong for a while because I disliked Scorpio Rising and Power of the Damager (and wasn’t nuts about Rude Awakening before that), but the roll they’ve been on since Tommy quit Ministry for good in 2012 really got me back into the band.

Wasch!, a rare industrial rock band from Germany. Sadly they released only one album and single.

A shitload of Yellow Magic Orchestra

Ruining Lives and Songs From The Black Hole were both really good. The other two since have been a little too generic, for my tastes.

Big Wild’s debut album. Because sometimes you want to jam out to perfect summer music and have fun.

Sounds like something Wax Trax could’ve released during the mid 80’s. The period when Queen dabbled heavily on synths, samplers & electronic drum pads.

Track was released same year as Twitch. Featured on the Highlander movie.

Heilung - Futha
3teeth - Metawar

Am I crazy to think that the Bowser theme from SMW does sound like Where You At Now (live version from Twitch tour)?

4 Likes

Pig - Candy

I had no idea this album existed. It’s terrible. Oh man. I can’t even.

Yeah, I ran across this by “accident” about a week ago. Your assessment is spot on. I have to say the Prince cover isn’t too bad. Ditto with the Hall & Oates cover. Everything is beyond horrible and you can’t skip fast enough.

1 Like

All of his covers pretty much suck…

“Hello Hooray” is good, but it’s on a long out of print album.

The Picturebooks. I just stumbled across these guys after watching the new Tool vid.

https://youtu.be/3IUBpLojx7g

Slipknot (not as good as the reviews say, actually – not bad, just not “revelatory”)
Butthole Surfers
the new Tool single (I’m really, really trying hard to make the pieces fit)

Well, I know the pieces fit because I watched them fall away.

Psykosonik - self titled

This may be the most mid '90s album ever recorded. The only other contender is probably EBN’s “Telecommunication Breakdown” which has the benefit of not being as deeply embarrassing as Psykosonik.

1 Like

It really says something that one of those Psychosonik guys would go on to be even more embarrassing (look up Vox Day)

2 Likes