What are you listening to right now?

All time classic & legendary performance.

Queen: We Are The Champions live aid '85.

https://youtu.be/yPKlrRwJB8A

Sofa Surfers- Cargo

Janet’s Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814

WOW. How I made it through all these years and not given this a single spin makes me hopeful that there’s still great finds out there I haven’t tapped yet.

[reply]been on a Zappa kick. most of the 2012 remasters are a big upgrade.

Good man…the reissues are so much better than the old Rykodisc releases…which ones are you listening to?[/reply]

I’m a big fan of Zoot Allures and The Grand Wazoo. I also nabbed Shiek, YAWYI, Overnight Sensation, Hot Rats, Joe’s Garage and Apostrophe. I have Roxy, Ship and One Size Fits All but can’t remember if those are the remasters. There’s still lots of Zappa I haven’t heard so I’m ear for suggestions.

You got some really good ones there…I would also suggest early Mothers( We’re Only In It For the Money is essential), Waka/Jawaka, Bongo Fury, Tinseltown Rebellion, and there is some incredible shit on all the volumes of You Can’t Do that Onstage Anymore…also if you are interested in his straight guitar albums the Shut Up and Play Your Guitar albums are a must…

[reply][reply]been on a Zappa kick. most of the 2012 remasters are a big upgrade.

Good man…the reissues are so much better than the old Rykodisc releases…which ones are you listening to?[/reply]

I’m a big fan of Zoot Allures and The Grand Wazoo. I also nabbed Shiek, YAWYI, Overnight Sensation, Hot Rats, Joe’s Garage and Apostrophe. I have Roxy, Ship and One Size Fits All but can’t remember if those are the remasters. There’s still lots of Zappa I haven’t heard so I’m ear for suggestions.[/reply]

I think there’s a lot of Zappa out there the family estate hasn’t even heard. He’s probably the second most bootlegged artist in history.

Don’t forget Uncle Meat.

[reply][reply][reply]been on a Zappa kick. most of the 2012 remasters are a big upgrade.

I’m a big fan of Zoot Allures and The Grand Wazoo. I also nabbed Shiek, YAWYI, Overnight Sensation, Hot Rats, Joe’s Garage and Apostrophe. I have Roxy, Ship and One Size Fits All but can’t remember if those are the remasters. There’s still lots of Zappa I haven’t heard so I’m ear for suggestions.[/reply]

I think there’s a lot of Zappa out there the family estate hasn’t even heard. He’s probably the second most bootlegged artist in history.

Don’t forget Uncle Meat.[/reply]

Yeah,the vault seems to be an endless abyss…The man was extremely prolific…who is the most bootlegged? The Dead?

[reply][reply][reply][reply]been on a Zappa kick. most of the 2012 remasters are a big upgrade.

Don’t forget Uncle Meat.[/reply]

Yeah,the vault seems to be an endless abyss…The man was extremely prolific…who is the most bootlegged? The Dead?[/reply]

I’d guess either the Dead or Dylan. Both of them are known for never doing the same show twice.

The Slits-Cut
Lee Scratch Perry- Rise Again
Bad Brains-Rock for Light

T. Rex
Satan’s Pilgrims
Type O Negative

Which Type O album? I only ask because they are my favorite band of all time…

NP:
Morphine-Cure for Pain

I have a feeling I could gues which one. I’d been holding off the urge to listen to Wolf Moon till now for a couple months. I only recently heard the original versions of Angry Inch. Really cool to hear after all these years. I like the 2001 movie version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MnYqe5si4&list=OLAK5uy_kwy48Q9Q-aRgLBRLr3bp8Un9EJ1P9bCbI&index=4&t=0s

That’s a great movie and a great song…the original and the cover…

NP:
Morphine-Cure for Pain

All of them in random order.
It’s October!

[reply]Which Type O album? I only ask because they are my favorite band of all time…

NP:
Morphine-Cure for Pain

All of them in random order.
It’s October![/reply]

October is definitely Type O primetime, no doubt about that.

Listening to NIN. Saw them last night, seeing them tonight. Last night was decent, but not revelatory, like some of the NIN shows I’ve seen. A lot of blinding strobes. An epileptic would have broken his neck.

Definitely agree the October is prime Type O time…they go hand in hand…

I’m going to Chicago for a bachelor party in a couple of weeks and its at a NiN show…I’m not a super fan but I’m going cuz its free and will be fun I’m sure…anyone ever been to the Agora ballroom?

Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats - Wasteland

Definitely agree the October is prime Type O time…they go hand in hand…

I’m going to Chicago for a bachelor party in a couple of weeks and its at a NiN show…I’m not a super fan but I’m going cuz its free and will be fun I’m sure…anyone ever been to the Agora ballroom?

You’re going to a NIN show for free? Count your blessings, my friend. Two tickets over two nights (one ticket per night; went alone) cost me almost $400.

Holy shit,I had no idea they were going for that much…I’m looking forward to the show although its in a smaller place and its sold out…I can already feel my old body feeling the effects of that situation…

Jesus fuck. When I saw them ten years ago I paid $20.