What are you listening to right now?

Neko Case - Hell-On

Clutch - Book Of Bad Decisions

William Elliott Whitmore - Kilonova

The Who

Didn’t know new Clutch was already out…gotta jump on that one…

np:
Gary Numan-Replicas

Clutch is one of those bands, like Dream Theater, that works on paper but hits my ear wrong. No offense, they’re a tight outfit with a solid discography and a great live show, but I can’t stand 'em.

I can’t relate but eh,to each his own…I can’t wait to see them live again as they always deliver the goods…

Np:
Dario Argento film soundtracks
(Deep Red,Inferno,Phenomena)

Wow! This thread turned 10 about a month ago!

248 pages and counting. Pretty impressive.
I wonder if anyone ever scrolls back a few years . . . “I wonder what we were listening to in 2012…”.

[reply]I have been watching this a lot. I can’t stop. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Sb14dyaUc

dude. what the fuck is this?[/reply]

I did like Gunnar suggested and went back a ways to check out a random old post in this thread.

I found this.

Murder Inc
The Damage Manual

Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin II

One of those bands I got super sick of at some point in my youth, but every few years I’ll put it on and remember “Wow, these guys were fucking awesome!”

The new Therapy? is great.

Talk Talk-Spirit of Eden
Bark Psychosis- Codename:Dustsucker
John Carpenters new Halloween Theme song

Magna Carta Cartel-Goodmorning Restrained
SubVision-So Far So Noir
Repugnant-Epitome of Darkness

SubVision-So Far So Noir

Magna Carta Cartel-Goodmorning Restrained Great release. Love the first tune…

[reply]
SubVision-So Far So Noir

Magna Carta Cartel-Goodmorning Restrained Great release. Love the first tune…[/reply]

It is such a great record…I think it is flawless…

Listening/watching Ramones US Festival. We got a little tear jerker for all you mentally disturbed out there.

Laibach latest single in North Korea

The Sound Of Music
https://youtu.be/2oD0W6SSBUA

[reply]Laibach latest single in North Korea

The Sound Of Music
https://youtu.be/2oD0W6SSBUA

Cool. North Korea seems like a nice place.[/reply]

This just made me spit out my water for some reason…[laugh]

Modest mouse

Death cab for cutie

Kathleen Hanna

Kim Gordon

The Breeders

Thurston Moore

Rollins

Tried to listen to From Beer To Eternity and with the exception of Change of Luck…this has to be hands down the absolute worst Ministry album…it sounds so fake and generic like a super young snot-nosed millennials band decided to rip off Korn/Slayer/Killing Joke and grind it thru a synthesizer sampler machine with the most plastic terrible sounding programmed drums…could it be the smelly morbidly obese engineer that Uncle Al leaned on to complete mixes while he was passed out in the corner on pot/booze benders had taken its toll & we now have at least 3 God awful Ministry records in the annals of his discography…one being worse than the other, at least The Last Sucker is redeemable granted Al re-records the whole thing with an awesome drummer like the new guy or if I can pluck one from the past, I’d certainly go w/Bill Rieflin…

The new Prince
Elton John (70s and previous)
The Jesus And Mary Chain
Robert Palmer
Soundgarden

Marissa Nadler - For My Crimes

This is the heaviest album I’ve heard all year and it’s as far from metal as it’s possible to get. Sometimes someone laying their soul bare is harder than any drop-d riff.

Tried to listen to From Beer To Eternity and with the exception of Change of Luck…this has to be hands down the absolute worst Ministry album…it sounds so fake and generic like a super young snot-nosed millennials band decided to rip off Korn/Slayer/Killing Joke and grind it thru a synthesizer sampler machine with the most plastic terrible sounding programmed drums…could it be the smelly morbidly obese engineer that Uncle Al leaned on to complete mixes while he was passed out in the corner on pot/booze benders had taken its toll & we now have at least 3 God awful Ministry records in the annals of his discography…one being worse than the other, at least The Last Sucker is redeemable granted Al re-records the whole thing with an awesome drummer like the new guy or if I can pluck one from the past, I’d certainly go w/Bill Rieflin…

And somehow it’s still better than Houses of the Mole… Don’t know why people were/still are calling that “a revitalization”/compared it favorably with Psalm 69, when I’ve still got it tied with Relapse for worst Ministry album ever. FBTE is fine art compared to that. The fact that people made it a new benchmark is probably why I liked the Last Sucker as much as I did at the time.