What are you cookin' right now?

No, seriously - any culinary fans on here with favorite dishes to share?

While I have known some Ministry fans who could subside completely on Nissin Cup Noodle, Swanson pot pies, the Denny’s breakfast menu and Olde English, I sense a just slightly more sophisticated set of palettes on our regular posters here.

So, how about it - if I show up at your abode with plate in hand (fashioned out of real chainlink fence from the '89-'90 Ministry tour, and purchased directly from Martin Atkins!), what can I expect to be served? Wow me, oh ye Prongers, with your best culinary ideas.

HAHAHAHA!!! I was actually thinking of starting a “What are you EATING right now?” thread.

I’m crap at cooking and lazy as heck. Only time I can be inspired to “cook” is if there’s a BBQ. Maybe Grumpy, Sean, or Acid can affirm my amazing skills at grilling corn and hotdogs.

HAHAHAHA!!! I was actually thinking of starting a “What are you EATING right now?” thread.

I’m crap at cooking and lazy as heck. Only time I can be inspired to “cook” is if there’s a BBQ. Maybe Grumpy, Sean, or Acid can affirm my amazing skills at grilling corn and hotdogs.

Ha, I knew you were going to do this thread and wanted to beat you to the punch!

I used to suck triumphantly at cooking, to the point where I couldn’t even make a stack of pancakes that weren’t blackened and in some weird elliptical shape. Microwaving a TV dinner perfectly even (with no cold spots anywhere in the dish) was a feat to boast of.

I think I got more determined, though, after the first time I returned from Japan - my Osaka “kitchen” was totally non-existent and there was so little preparation room that I ate at restaurants or ramen / takoyaki / udon stalls virtually every night. So when I was confronted again with an actual counter space on which to slice vegetables and mix ingredients and such, I dove in enthusiastically.

Tonight I enjoyed a killer cajun salmon with marmalade sauce, served w/ side of broccoli and sweet potato fries. Capped off with a Moscow Mule (I find Gosling’s brand ginger beer is the best for making that particular drink.) Yes, having kitchen space is good.

I can pretty much make anything, but I don’t usually cook stuff unless other people are visiting.

Lately I’ve been making quesadillas, meatloaf and cooking out on the grill.

I’m always on the lookout for chicken related recipes. One of my favorites so far is skillet cooked chicken with spinach, herbs and tomatoes.

Lately I’ve been making quesadillas, meatloaf and cooking out on the grill.

I’m always on the lookout for chicken related recipes. One of my favorites so far is skillet cooked chicken with spinach, herbs and tomatoes.

That does sound excellent.

If you prefer chicken, I do have one dish that people go through like a locust swarm when I serve it, I have yet to ever cook it up and have leftovers remaining. It’s called Chicken Cobbler Casserole and is sort of like a ‘thinking man’s pot pie’ crossed with French onion soup.

It calls for:
6 tbsp. melted butter
4 cups sourdough bread chopped into crouton-like cubes
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
2 sweet onions (sliced)
1 8 oz. package of mushrooms, sliced
1 cup of either white wine or buttermilk
1 10. oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken

to prepare:

toss 4 tbsp. of butter with the next 3 ingredients on that list and set aside.

sautee the onions in the butter you have remaining (medium high heat) until golden brown, then add the mushrooms and sautee an additional 5 minutes or so.

stir in the wine / buttermilk and next 3 ingredients after that, stir constantly! Spoon all of this into a roughly 9" square baking dish or an 11" x 7" baking dish, then top evenly with the sourdough ‘croutons.’

bake at 400 degrees for 15 min. until casserole is golden brown. Enjoy!

I can pretty much make anything, but I don’t usually cook stuff unless other people are visiting.

Yes I usually don’t rise to the occasion unless I know it’s gonna be a communal meal. If I’m going to bother with any kind of ‘artistry’ or presentation whatsoever, I want other people to be able to share in the fun. Otherwise I’m content with my 4-5 ‘old standby’ meals that I could make in my sleep.

If you prefer chicken, I do have one dish that people go through like a locust swarm when I serve it, I have yet to ever cook it up and have leftovers remaining. It’s called Chicken Cobbler Casserole and is sort of like a ‘thinking man’s pot pie’ crossed with French onion soup.

That sounds amazing! I copied that one over to my recipes. Here’s the one for Herbs & Chicken if you’re interested:

2 tablespoons oil
1 ½ pounds chicken tenders
1 can (14 ½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon basil leaves
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon oregano leaves
½ teaspoon salt
6 ounces baby spinach leaves

Directions
Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 10 minutes or until browned.

Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened.

Stir in tomatoes, water and seasonings. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 3 minutes or until heated through.

Stir in spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt.

Other versions call for less water, depending on how much of a broth you want.

My wife made a big plate of TAKOYAKI. She also gave me the breakfast (omelet and Japanese sausage) she made for me yesterday which I slept too late too eat.

My wife made a big plate of TAKOYAKI. She also gave me the breakfast (omelet and Japanese sausage) she made for me yesterday which I slept too late too eat.

Takoyaki is simply one of the best snack foods that I never thought I’d like.

I still remember determinedly standing in long lines full of hungry students to get something called the “young set” (?) of takoyaki balls from a famous vendor called “Machan,” by Abenobashi station. Ask your wife, she may have heard of the venue.

I want to try making these myself, but I don’t have the special grilling pan with the little semi-circular indentations in it for the batter.

We just got a nice bag of premium frozen takoyaki, but my wife always makes 'em super sexy by drizzling some fancy Japanese (Kewpie) mayo and tonkatsu type sauce on top along with shaved bonito flake.

If you can’t find a proper takoyaki grill/ pan, Tomasz, perhaps you could try an EBEL SKIVER pan. I’ve seen them at yuppie cooking supply places like SUR LA TABLE and such. Ebel skiver are small spherical pancake balls that the Danish make, and the pan is very similar with the little round cups.

It’s funny that you mentioned takoyaki somewhere last night because not only were my wife and I eating them but we were watching videos as well. Some of those dudes are so fast with those little sticks. It’s crazy.

Sloppy joe and tater tots…

Absolute secret recipe on the joe…

Meth.

I can’t cook for shit, I’m lucky if i don’t burn my eggs honestly.

But one thing i can make is a mean fucking steak quesadilla on the grill. Will prob get that done today. I’ll try to get some gnarly grill marks goin too, just like these

Now, TAPAS are something that I can eat up like nobody’s business. Ply me with some chorizo, patatas bravas and queso manchego and I’ll be quite contented.

Although I’m too lazy to prepare a full tapas spread…a main course with two hearty sides and a drink is generally all I have patience for making, so the prospect of making a dozen little dishes sends me into panic mode.

Does our Portuguese poster here have any tapas-related wisdom? Are there major differences to how tapas are served in Portugal and Spain?

Expect to be served grilled vegetables, beans with rice, garlic potatoes, Indian side dishes, guacamole, spanokopita, eggplant parm, cheese or sauerkraut pierogi, bruscetta, Italian ice, chocolate cake, craft ales, pinot noir, and a nice single malt Scotch.

Don’t expect to be served any animals.

Expect to be served grilled vegetables, beans with rice, garlic potatoes, Indian side dishes, guacamole, spanokopita, eggplant parm, cheese or sauerkraut pierogi, bruscetta, Italian ice, chocolate cake, craft ales, pinot noir, and a nice single malt Scotch.

Don’t expect to be served any animals.

I could probably live off of brushcetta. I had some on vacation last week and forgot how much I loved it. Does anyone have a good recipe? I’ve never tried to tackle it on my own.

The Harris Teeter near me has aged beef. They age in the store in a special refrigerator. I have been wanting to grill some of those with a special sauce but I don’t know how to make the special sauce.

I learned how to make special sauce from The Simpsons, you just take some mayonnaise and leave it sitting out in the sun [:)]

I could probably live off of brushcetta. I had some on vacation last week and forgot how much I loved it. Does anyone have a good recipe? I’ve never tried to tackle it on my own.

Slap a bunch of your favorite Italian ingredients on a piece of lightly toasted Italian bread slathered in pesto. That’s about all there is to it.

I didn’t make it myself, but I went to a heavy metal burger joint yesterday and ate a DEE SNIDER burger. It had peanut butter and jelly on it along with bacon and Sriracha.

It was one of the best things I’ve ever eaten.