TOOL

I hate Tool, but I do feel sorry for them for all that legal mumbo jumbo clusterf***. It must be so infuriating to see all the money you’ve made just get pissed into a few lawyer’s pockets because of either some greedy little prick looking to scam (or because of a major misstep/ mistake on behalf of whoever is coordinating the art stuff).

Not sure who the artist is or anything, or if Tool even tried this route, but for crying out loud just settle fairly. “What do you usually charge for an album design? $10,000?. Okay. Here’s $20K, sign here and get out of our office and don’t ever come around again.”

If anyone here was hanging and hoping to hear some new Tool music within the next six months or so, well, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tool-explain-why-they-havent-put-out-a-new-album-since-2006-20140715

Looks like it will be a LATE 2015 release (if my estimate is correct).

Still, lawsuit or no lawsuit, EIGHT FREAKIN YEARS to come up with “one finished song, one almost there” and a bunch of “raw ideas”?!?!?

That’s just…unbelievable.

By the time it comes out 18 months from now - even the fans won’t bother.

Really, really disappointed.

[:|]

Which will come out first:

New Tool?

or the Primitive Race album?

New Tool?

I used to have that challenge of BUCK SATAN vs. CHINESE DEMOCRACY . . .

And, yeah, I’ve not bothered getting either.

New Tool?

Post of the day, right here. But to answer your question, I think the new GNR and the Chinese Democracy remix album will come out before either of these.

If we can make it another 8 years without more Tool we will consider it a win for everyone.

Somebody decides to sue them over some un-credited artwork and it ends up taking 7 years and costing millions and millions of dollars!!! And due to the “stress” of the lawsuit, they manage to complete ONE (yeah you heard right…ONE!!) new song in nearly 5 years locked away in the loft working on new material. What a joke. It’s obvious they’ve lost their nerve or their mojo or whatever and this whole “lawsuit” shinola is being used as a ruse to deter fans away from what is really stinking up the garbage here.

They’ve become nothing more than a sad-ass cover version of themselves (a bit like the recent Black Sabbath hoopla) pumping out the same shit to the same dedicated few year after year after year after year.

The best they can come out with is to roll out some sack of shit legal mumbo jumbo. How creatively dead they’ve become when even their excuses are tired and jaded?

Congratulations on becoming the new Guns N Roses, guys.

I prefer to see them as like Aphex Twin, with regards to this matter.

The wait is annoying and frustrating only if you think about it. They’re too good to hate (though I don’t really have much time for pre-Aenima Tool… even that album doesn’t come anywhere near Lateralus when they really found their sound).

It’s obvious they’ve lost their nerve or their mojo or whatever and this whole “lawsuit” shinola is being used as a ruse to deter fans away from what is really stinking up the garbage here.

Absolutely. They have lawyers to takes care of that shit. It’s not like the band is in the law libraries acting as interns and paralegals for 12 hours a day. Really, their only job, as far as the case goes, is to worry and to sign checks… other than that, nothing!
Get in the jam room with their coofin guitars and make some noise.

The best they can come out with is to roll out some sack of shit legal mumbo jumbo. How creatively dead they’ve become when even their excuses are tired and jaded?

Don’t they all have their side projects anyway? I mean maynard has Puscifer and A Perfect Circle Doesn’t cary have some side thingy too with a thrash band

Congratulations on becoming the new Guns N Roses, guys.

Whoa, whoa, slow down their speed racer. Let’s not get absurd. I mean for one all the members are still in the band, and for two, they all seem to get along and for three… well, two reasons are enough.

I prefer to see them as like Aphex Twin, with regards to this matter.

The wait is annoying and frustrating only if you think about it. They’re too good to hate (though I don’t really have much time for pre-Aenima Tool… even that album doesn’t come anywhere near Lateralus when they really found their sound).

??? [shocked]
Aenema is perfection! I’ll take Aenema over Lateralus any old day of the week! The Title track is worth the price of admission alone.

I agree Aenima has songs which qualify as classics more than Lateralus (the title track, stinkfist, H, etc etc), but Lateralus is great as a journey. I personally think it’s the only album which catches the essence of a mushroom trip perfectly!

Every full length had it’s moments. Maybe it’s just me, but I think they’re one of those bands who’s best work were on EP’s. Opiate and Salival don’t come off as pretentious. Neither does Undertow, but it’s rather repetitive. I wish Salival was their final release. Maybe then I’d appreciate AEnima so much more. I’ve always felt Lateralus was highly overrated. No comment on 10,000 Days.

…Lateralus is great as a journey. I personally think it’s the only album which catches the essence of a mushroom trip perfectly!

Heh, Heh, I guess I’m coming from a disadvantaged position in that respect.

I’d have to be on a crapton of mushrooms before Tool sounded interesting to me.

[image]https://scontent-a-nrt.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10306544_762137383826008_1133692073825810638_n.jpg[/image]

I’m guessing you agree with this statement, Gunnar?

Maynard’s house:

[image]http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Maynard2.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Maynard1.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Maynard6.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Maynard7.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Maynard4.jpg[/image]

Honestly I can’t tell whose house is worse, his or Rush Limbaughs:

http://gawker.com/5482793/rush-limbaughs-gaudy-fifth-avenue-penthouse-is-now-for-sale/

I don’t know at what point the band became solely about showing off this masturbatory technicality or when that became the selling point but that’s an awfully dull press release for their new album.

“Songs are 10 minutes or more, and METAL and double kick drum!! We’ll release it as soon as we write it because we only have like 1 song, but it’s almost done I swear!! We’ll get to it as soon as we’re done with our super important top secret rock star lawsuits that cost us millions of dollars but we won’t reveal what the fuck they are actually about…”

zzzZZZ

I don’t know at what point the band became solely about showing off this masturbatory technicality or when that became the selling point but that’s an awfully dull press release for their new album.

“Songs are 10 minutes or more, and METAL and double kick drum!! We’ll release it as soon as we write it because we only have like 1 song, but it’s almost done I swear!! We’ll get to it as soon as we’re done with our super important top secret rock star lawsuits that cost us millions of dollars but we won’t reveal what the fuck they are actually about…”

zzzZZZ

Lateralus.

[reply]I don’t know at what point the band became solely about showing off this masturbatory technicality or when that became the selling point but that’s an awfully dull press release for their new album.

zzzZZZ

Lateralus.[/reply]

Hmm I guess but I really like that album, it’s my favorite of theirs. I don’t recall it being marketed as this masturbatory “super technical” thing. Maybe it was, I don’t know. Probably…I do remember one kid in high school giving a class presentation on how one of the songs “Schism” I think was based on the fibonacci code or something so maybe that was part of their marketing at the time? The tour was fucking incredible though I do know that!