the legendary album covers thread

[reply]How do we not have a picture of the 'ed?

I dunno. Maybe it’s cos we’re not impressed by shitty, puerile 'eavy metal dinosaur rock acts and their loathsome, dated attempts at shock. This is 2014 innit?

You’ll notice that people here are mostly posting obscure shit? Not really your cup of tea, Mr Mainstream Rocker.

Although I hear the artwork for the new Slash album “kicks ass”.[/reply]

Actually the majority of covers posted aren’t obscure at all…pretty common and well known images for the most part…

and what is this “we’re” shit…textbook twatage…

Speaking of Morbid Angel, Dave Vincent is looking like Danzig if he were a member of Cinderella these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbtT4OsZRzU

I didn’t realise that 2014 was supposed to be the year that people hated Iron Maiden covers and considered them uncool. What’s the cool album cover to hate next year, or has that not been decided yet? When will our overlords tell us who to hate next?

I didn’t realise that 2014 was supposed to be the year that people hated Iron Maiden covers and considered them uncool. What’s the cool album cover to hate next year, or has that not been decided yet? When will our overlords tell us who to hate next?

I’ve actually been thinking of Maiden since the thread started but everytime I try to think of which album to put up my brain gets overloaded. “Killers! No, wait, Somewhere In Time! No, Powerslave! Ah, forget it. Here’s a Dead Kennedys record.”

It’s way easier for me to point out the Iron Maiden FAILS (Yeah, Dance of Death and Final Frontier, I’m looking at you).

It’s way easier for me to point out the Iron Maiden FAILS (Yeah, Dance of Death and Final Frontier, I’m looking at you).

Ha, those ones are total balls.

[reply]I didn’t realise that 2014 was supposed to be the year that people hated Iron Maiden covers and considered them uncool. What’s the cool album cover to hate next year, or has that not been decided yet? When will our overlords tell us who to hate next?

I’ve actually been thinking of Maiden since the thread started but everytime I try to think of which album to put up my brain gets overloaded. “Killers! No, wait, Somewhere In Time! No, Powerslave! Ah, forget it. Here’s a Dead Kennedys record.”

It’s way easier for me to point out the Iron Maiden FAILS (Yeah, Dance of Death and Final Frontier, I’m looking at you).[/reply]

Dance of Death was by FAR the worst album cover they ever had and one of the worst album covers ever…

Not my favorite album, but I always liked this image of Vic.

And thank you Mrs. Bill Rieflin for thinking outside the box on this one.

Wumpscut Siamese cover. Good image to match the album title. Nice coloring and lighting.

Throwing another Wumpscut album cover in here. I wish I knew more about the old people in this photo, what time and place it was taken. Hard to tell if they are sad, happy, or just at peace.

I’ve actually been thinking of Maiden since the thread started but everytime I try to think of which album to put up my brain gets overloaded. "Killers! No, wait, Somewhere In Time! No, Powerslave!

Yeah. The first thing that immediately came to mind when I saw there was an Album Covers thread was - ta da! - Iron Maiden.

Because I’m not a very complex thinker. And my horizons have never really expanded.

And I’m just not very cluey.

Today’s theme is collaged craziness:

[inline R-45543-1269701882.jpeg]

[inline R-2166602-1351529159-9477.jpeg]

[inline R-243232-1400512617-7230.jpeg]

[inline R-3173210-1319123259.jpeg]

Black Sabbath’s Born Again was voted the “worst cover art of all time” by some…magazine or other at some point.

Kinda makes me want to wear it on a t shirt.

But, yeah, musically it’s pretty blech!!!

Anyway…more nudity…

[image]http://vivascene.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/8251973ECDAE5DC10282D7FE36184.jpg[/image]

Genius.

Black Sabbath’s Born Again was voted the “worst cover art of all time” by some…magazine or other at some point.

Kinda makes me want to wear it on a t shirt.

Even the band hated it. Iommi is on record saying he vomited when he saw it. I like it. It’s creepy and jarring and uncomfortable.

I have seen T-shirts of it before, Peligro. They’re a bit hard to find, but people do print them up from time to time.

The album is cool. It’s not one to play start to finish every time, but there are some killer jams on it. “Zero The Hero”, “Trashed”, and “Disturbing the Priest” make it worth buying.

Actually I was listening to some Tony Martin era Sabbath yesterday (The Eternal Idol).

I do wish they’d hurry up and re-press Headless Cross. That’s the campest masterpiece of all time. Gloriously so!

Even the band hated it. Iommi is on record saying he vomited when he saw it.

A band (even one as big as sabbath) had no say over what their cover art was?

^
I don’t really remember the full story, but it was kind of a dark time for the band. I’ve read it all and it’s quite interesting. They were lodged up in some haunted castle making this album. Yada yada yada. Anyway, I think a large part of everything had to do with everyone being coked out of their skulls.

Yeah,there is a long story about the Born Again cover art…I will find the link later…the original image was taken from a magazine and then doctored…hell,the image was of the original baby was the cover of a Depeche Mode 12" single…they took the image and “demonized” it…

Born Again is unfairly maligned and has grown a strong cult following over the years…it’s a great album despite the horrible engineering on it…

and guttershock.com has printed Born Again shirts for years along with a bunch of other cool shit…