The Dreads are real

Well, “real,” in the fact that it is not a straight out wig or dreads sewn into a headband. When we were standing in line we were behind/side of the platform he was sitting on and we had a complete view of the side of his head not shielded by the bandana. Unless it was a really good weave (Ms. Smrf Thinks it was his actual hair) the dreads on the side of his head and the back are his actual hair. Although Ms. Smrf also said that there is no doubt his hair is receding in the front cause she could see, I guess, where the bandana poofed up, where his hair began.
As innerturmoil said in the “low shelf” thread, there were roughly 30 people there (we got there a smidgen after 7) However, our experience was much better than innerturmoil’s (although I think I can explain Al’s Behavior to him)
Al was quite the gentlemen. He took his time talking to everyone that was there. I think, because so few people were there, there wasn’t a big rush to get people in and out. I spoke to him about the meet and greet in Hollywood, he remembered me when I showed him my feet tats. I told him I had 120 cd’s by him and didn’t believe me.
He said “I only have but 20 albums”
I replied "yeah but you got side projects, you have singles, you have imports, You’ve got bootlegs.
He said “man you need a hobby!”
I said “I got a hobby, collecting your shit!!”
He said, “yeah, but I’m out of the game now.”
I said, “yeah, so that means your stock is going up, man! (He genuinely laughed at that, at least it seemed genuine) If I’m sitting on all of this merch and I get together with eBay…Holy Shit”
Al was still laughing and said, “Oh man we got an investor here!”
He tried to swing the conversation over to the two ladies who were there, (the one on his left, our right, was super cute!! Red blouse, Itty bitty titties hangin’ out and everything!) trying to talk about the movie…even said at one point, “it’s a stupid movie but it’s really fun”
The other “celebrities” that were there were simply garnish as EVERYONE was there for Al.
I think that was pretty cool for al to try and share the wealth… Nobody gave fuck one about the movie or the other people there. Some people didn’t even bring/buy the movie but only ministry stuff for Al to sign. Which is pretty foul (in my opinion) I mean, I understand bringing some ministry stuff but ONLY ministry stuff? Not cool… it’s a signing for the movie and only brining ministry stuff is a slap in the face to the other people involved in the movie… (So, innerturmoil, I could see why he would want you to let that chick sign your poster [although, know exactly why you didn’t want her to sign it] He was just trying to get some attention to the main people involved in the movie…understandable in my opinion.

Sin was there and was normal (or as I know him to be normal) just happy to be along for the ride. I played the part of the over excited fan for sin “HEY! I saw you on ‘Family Jewels!’ you are a movie star!” he chuckled and said that show is all but scripted and he has known Gene Simmons for years, well before his appearance on the show. Always a polite chap. I told him I had heard the revco leak and that he and Josh did a great job with the revco (I really think that too) he was flattered and happy to hear that.
Tommy was sitting away from the table noticeably sulking in the back. Some old guy who was apparently in the movie made sure to personalize his autograph to everyone, which I thought was very cool. Glad I went it was a good time. Plus, got some pretty goods finds at amoeba on the way home.
Late,
grmpysmrf

Here’s what I would’ve asked Sin (who probably would give a more honest answer than Al) - what’s with the 4 month RevCo delay?

Rogain only works in the very early stages of male pattern baldness and is not always successful even then. He could definitely get hair plugs though. He is covering his head all the time anyway, nobody would notice the way some plugs look strange but he would have a fuller head of hair.

Anyway, it is hardly surprising for someone at Al’s age to be balding. Not a big deal.

al’s been balding for years.
thanks for the report, king smurf.glad you had a good time.
senor merrick went and sent me a message that al left early? had to go to the bar, what?
i’m not surprised that sin and tommy were there. was wife #2 there?

oh geez. just occurred to me that sin and tommy were probably there as bodyguards trying to fend off the dread pulls. al doesn’t want anyone else getting attention away from him so he wouldn’t have invited them in the first place without some other motive.interesting…senor jizz, whatcha be thinkin"?

Here’s what I would’ve asked Sin (who probably would give a more honest answer than Al) - what’s with the 4 month RevCo delay?

I mentioned the push back date to him and he didn’t give any reason as to why it was pushed back but only confirmed that it was indeed pushed back to march
Late,
grmpysmrf

king smurf!
you did your …uh…job.
thanks, man.

al does have that problem with the wimmins, generally. hm. i see your point
(smirking and vomiting as i walk away).

Not sure if this was posted…

tracklisting for the soundtrack cd

1. “Evading” - ASCENSION OF THE WATCHERS
  1. “Residual Presence” - ASCENSION OF THE WATCHERS
  2. “Experiment in Terror” - LAIKA & THE COSMONAUTS
  3. “10 Million Ways to Die” - REVOLTING COCKS
  4. “Hookerbot3000” - REVOLTING COCKS
  5. “Bang A Gong” - MINISTRY & CO-CONSPIRATORS
  6. “Radar Love” - MINISTRY & CO-CONSPIRATORS
  7. “Decay” - FALSE ICONS
  8. “Cuz U R Next” - MINISTRY
  9. “Can’t Stop the Bleeding” - PRONG
  10. “No Justice” - PRONG
  11. “Combustion” - MESHUGGAH
  12. “As I Destruct” - THREAT SIGNAL
  13. “Nobody Knows What Killer Looks Like” - HEMLOCK
  14. “Khyber Pass [Wicked Instrumental]” - MINISTRY

and also from SIN, in regards to the RevCo push back…

The only thing I can tell you is that there were issues/changes with the artwork that just werent gonna be able to be made in time for the Oct. release date.

thanks for the story grumps. well played.

All hail grmpysmrf! Mission accomplished

bow down to king smurf.
amen.

thanks guys!! [:)] you’re too kind! I felt like no one else was gonna be around to do it so I figured it was left to me. WIsh I knew some prongers (merrick) were going to be there I would’ve tried to set up a meeting and have our own meet and greet.
Glad to do any kind of Reconnaissance mission for the good of the board. Thanks for the props![:)]
BTW It did cross my mind to ask about the lawsuit but I figured Al’s answer would’ve been “Security!!!”
I also thought to ask about the set list of last tour but I thought I would be beating a dead horse considering the tour is done…I got a picture with the man but to say that I am not photogenic is a sever understatement given the snapshot that was taken with me and Al. So I will not be posting it! I’m not fat but my face looks like Blue velvet on a severe water retention day. (although I’m sure I’m still more attractive than her! No offense there Blue velvet!)
Also I did not see Angie there. Cause after I got my shit I probably would’ve said something stupid like “grmpysmrf RULES, HOOKER!”

Late,
grmpysmrf

“hooker” would have been too kind, dude.
hilarious.

I find the obsession with the authenticity of Al’s dreads on this boards absolutely hilarious…

Kinda funny on how all those that swore on the fact that his dreads were fake have now shut their mouths… [crazy]

al’s dreads are real! they’re just not his own.
i have seen the thinness of the thinny thin strands. those dreads are plugs.

we didn’t shut up or go away or agree with them being “real”… I mean what is real? they do exist and are clearly visible… but they are either plugs or extentions… which is ya know… fine… hell even when he had hair he was doing extentions…

Hahah! Way to go, grmpy!

So much about baldness … (the mirror)

GRTZ

[reply]
and also from SIN, in regards to the RevCo push back…

The only thing I can tell you is that there were issues/changes with the artwork that just werent gonna be able to be made in time for the Oct. release date.

Yeah they had to find money to pay somebody to start on it