Primitive Race

This has been intriguing for a while .

On facebook there is a band PRIMITIVE RACE whose members are hiding their identities until they reach 1000 likes on twitter.

They claim to they are gonna put Industry back in to industrial. More noise less oontz. They also claim to be on some of our favourite albums and some of the members were signed to Wax Trax back in the day.

There is also a picture of one of the members with a bag on his head with Eye holes cut out (looks like Luc Van Acker to me ).

I was linked to the page by < P I G > and Pop Will Eat Itself. Apparently Lords of Acid are linking to the facebook page aswel.

Like i said i am Intrigued … could be awesome [:P]

https://www.facebook.com/primitiveraceband

They’re full of shit and using “likes” the same way morons use the number of “likes” to cure some fucking kid of cancer.

There are loads of bands that have made similar claims and I’m sure loads that have succeeded recently. I wouldn’t know because I couldn’t give a shit less about “industial” music.

I could make the same sort of page with the same promises and when I reach 1,000 “likes” the bag is lifted and it’s my asshole a bunch of idiots have been staring at for months.

It’s nothing but someone hyping themselves to people dumb enough to take facebook hype seriously.

I’ll bet money. Who wants to bet? I’ll use paypal or some shit.

I couldn’t give a shit less about “industrial” music.

Yeah, same here.

I don’t take Facebook seriously at all. I liked 'em.

I went ahead and clicked Like. I know they’re looking for the likes on twitter, but I don’t do twitter. I honestly don’t care if it’s a croc of shit. I have much more important things to worry about than music.

I bet Marc Heal is involved. Maybe Phildo. Hopefully the guys from Ajax and A Popular History of Signs too. And Divine’s corpse.

I bet Marc Heal is involved.

Makes sense since PIG had a link to it.

Hopefully the guys from Ajax

You mean Geddy Lee?

I wish TKK were involved, but they’re working on a new album. They just put out a new Darling Kandie single, and Buzz has some solo shit in the works.

EDIT: Erie Loch/Load is involved. Not sure how I feel about this.

looool, i see erie loch (singer of blownload who made all those remiXXXes) liked that fb page and commented on some stuff! hahaha.

The guy on the cover of Relapse is involved

As are the 99 percenters dancers

Shit just got Erie

The band is:

One of the guys from Dessau.

The cab driver from the second Excessive Force CD.

Stevie Banch

The bald guy from Psykosonik

The winner of the “Martin Atkins’ Be In A Chicago Industrial Band” online auction.

The bald guy from Psykosonik really WAS Wax Trax for most of us, so if he’s not involved I won’t be buying. Indispensable to the industrial scene.

just saw this today:

Primitive Race
Our first publicly known member is an original member of Revolting Cocks! Its the man known as Gumby, Luc Van Acker!

Color me shocked. Though I don’t know how he can rise any higher than some of those Revco Sund Machine videos we saw.

cool…

One of the guys from Dessau.

That would actually be really cool. I’ve been patiently waiting for new Dessau for years, hahah.

Shit just got Erie

[laugh]

Raymond Watts has just been announced as a member. Very excited now.

Chris Vrenna too I believe?

Somebody did say Chris in the comments on FB. I’m hoping he meant Connelly, but Vrenna will do just fine.

So Luc, Chris and PIG.

Apparently there is one more member to be revealed.

It’s strange if this is supposed to be some kind of industrial purist noise project, but the people in it are all from the industrial rock scene. Either way I’ll probably love it.