New Al Jourgensen/Ministry book coming soon.

I don’t remember the part about getting beat up by 12 year olds. But in Chris’ defense . . . it does say above that there were TWO of them. Come on, that’s just not fair play! He was outnumbered.

And twelve-year-olds? They’re super mean. I mean, I was once pushed down the stairs by a group of twelve-year-olds. I was also twelve at the time, but still…

They remind me of my bandmates in BLACKBOMBS…one an arrogant, boastful, violent substance abusing megalomaniac psycho with a ton of charisma causing him to create a cult-like following…

The other a more snobbish and selfish two-faced person who I wouldn’t trust for a second knowing what I know now, who was happy to take the free drug hand outs from people even as he talked shit about them.

So does that make you Paul Barker or Luc van Acker?

So does that make you Paul Barker or Luc van Acker?

Original post edited. I was definitely Barker. Not only did I play bass but I was the one holding it together musically with visual cues when we played live, and was the main songwriter.

I also tried to backstab the singer when it appeared he was lost to drugs, only to have that blow up and result in me having to quit the band.

[reply]So does that make you Paul Barker or Luc van Acker?

Original post edited. I was definitely Barker. Not only did I play bass but I was the one holding it together musically with visual cues when we played live, and was the main songwriter.

I also tried to backstab the singer when it appeared he was lost to drugs, only to have that blow up and result in me having to quit the band.[/reply]

Ahh, so your singer also took the brown acid and “discovered” your devious contract killing/embezzlement scheme?

Damn. I guess they’re not as easy to pull off as they look on TV.

Ahh, so your singer also took the brown acid and “discovered” your devious contract killing/embezzlement scheme?

Damn. I guess they’re not as easy to pull off as they look on TV.

No, I initiated a coup with the rest of the band, including two-face, who played both sides strategically until the time was right.

There was drugs, groupies, sexual and non-sexual assault, scarification, evictions, voodoo, you name it, involved in all of this of course but that’s for my own book…

[reply]I’m about 2/3 thru this book. There’s stuff that’s been mentioned over the years that seems to be missing.

Maybe he didn’t feel the need to write a book about stuff that’s already been discussed. Also, I assume you realize that to make a single book one sort of has to pick and choose what is put in it so it’s not a 5 million page book.[/reply]

The diehard Ministry fans know all the stories. The newer fans may not. I would have liked to have seen less druggie shit and more behind the scenes stuff. (there’s nothing about the makings of FP and DSOTS, due to Al’s memory loss). Also nothing about the conflict with Reznor doing Supernaut, Ministry getting removed from Ozzfest, Al’s creative way of remixing Give It Away, the guy who inspired Breathe, etc. Yes, we know these stories, and yes, you can’t put every iota of Al’s life in a book. But I think if he had written it with someone who was a genuine Ministry buff, instead of the fuckhead who gave FP two stars, who could have brought these stories up to help remind Al, the book would be better. Just my opinion, which always seems to get me smartass comments from the Elders on here.

[reply][reply]I’m about 2/3 thru this book. There’s stuff that’s been mentioned over the years that seems to be missing.

Maybe he didn’t feel the need to write a book about stuff that’s already been discussed. Also, I assume you realize that to make a single book one sort of has to pick and choose what is put in it so it’s not a 5 million page book.[/reply]

The diehard Ministry fans know all the stories. The newer fans may not. I would have liked to have seen less druggie shit and more behind the scenes stuff. (there’s nothing about the makings of FP and DSOTS, due to Al’s memory loss). Also nothing about the conflict with Reznor doing Supernaut, Ministry getting removed from Ozzfest, Al’s creative way of remixing Give It Away, the guy who inspired Breathe, etc. Yes, we know these stories, and yes, you can’t put every iota of Al’s life in a book. But I think if he had written it with someone who was a genuine Ministry buff, instead of the fuckhead who gave FP two stars, who could have brought these stories up to help remind Al, the book would be better. Just my opinion, which always seems to get me smartass comments from the Elders on here.[/reply]

From Al’s interviews about the book, it sounds like he told Wiederhorn a bunch of stories and then Wiederhorn got the unenviable task of trying to piece them together.

Some of the stuff that’s not mentioned makes sense. For example, as he’s now pretending that he always loathed Paul, of course he wasn’t going to admit that he produced an album for the Blackouts in 1983.

When it comes to most of the stuff you mentioned, though, I’m honestly clueless. Maybe Al doesn’t remember, maybe he does but doesn’t want to talk it, maybe Wiederhorn decided that drug stories would sell better than behind-the-scenes stuff. Who knows?

From Al’s interviews about the book, it sounds like he told Wiederhorn a bunch of stories and then Wiederhorn got unenviable task of trying to piece them together.

Some of the stuff that’s not mentioned makes sense. For example, as he’s now pretending that he always loathed Paul, of course he wasn’t going to admit that he produced an album for the Blackouts in 1983.

When it comes to most of the stuff you mentioned, though, I’m honestly clueless. Maybe Al doesn’t remember, maybe he does but doesn’t want to talk it, maybe Wiederhorn decided that drug stories would sell better than behind-the-scenes stuff. Who knows?

Yeah, he also said he was glad to finally extract Connelly from his bowels in 1993, but neglected to mention that he asked Connelly back for the Cock & Loaded album (per CC’s book). That’s just Al, though. Autobiographies tend to be more colorful, but also more self indulgent and less complete than a book written by an outsider. It would be cool to see Paul’s side someday (which I’m sure has been brought up on here many times already:)

It would be cool to see Paul’s side someday (which I’m sure has been brought up on here many times already:)

Gerda’s writing a book. Maybe she can interview Paul at the same time.

^ I heard it’ll rival the bible in book sales actually, likely outselling it after a year. And you know what? I damn well believe it. It is Gerda who’s writing it, after all. Anyone who’s read anything she’s ever posted should know just how capable of forming a coherent thought and complete sentence she is. She has a way with words that captivates my mind and sends my imagination into a colorful trance that I’ve not experienced since I was but a small child. A breath of fresh air and hopefully a mere sign of things to come. What a bright future that young lady has ahead of her.

and as for being attacked by 2 12 year olds: it was actually 2 4 yr old GIRLS at my daughter’s birthday party last saturday, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time with a bucket of juice boxes

and as for being attacked by 2 12 year olds: it was actually 2 4 yr old GIRLS at my daughter’s birthday party last saturday, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time with a bucket of juice boxes

Two 12 year olds = One 24 year old

Maybe if Al had been writing phat beats with his calculator like you guys supposedly were he’d have been able to solve that equation.

[reply]and as for being attacked by 2 12 year olds: it was actually 2 4 yr old GIRLS at my daughter’s birthday party last saturday, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time with a bucket of juice boxes

Two 12 year olds = One 24 year old

Maybe if Al had been writing phat beats with his calculator like you guys supposedly were he’d have been able to solve that equation.[/reply]

I felt really bad for the Book Club when I read the part about them using a calculator to figure out how to play “complex” time signatures.

I guess they’ve never heard of a metronome.

I felt really bad for the Book Club when I read the part about them using a calculator to figure out how to play “complex” time signatures.

The godfathers of MATH-METAL! Suck it, MudVayne!

Seriously, “Math-Metal” on a whole different level. But hey, it worked out well. So, fuck how they got there:
phat beats x synths + gtr 1 L + gtr 1 R/samples + vox fx + dist bass 1 + bass di/samples² = ???Integral calculus eventually ruined the band.
[#ffffff][size 1][/size][/#ffffff]

Little kids fight dirty.
They go straight for a kick to the nuts 'cause they just don’t give a shit.

And if you do hit them back you go to:

[#ffffff][size 3]“jay-yell!”[/size][/#ffffff]

Little cunt. If you wanna fight like an adult then you should get punched like/by one. That’ll be on my ballot, folks. All I’m saying.

Thanks to realmdemagic for clarifying the Storm Thorgerson/Peter Christopherson credit for the Over the Shoulder video…it was actually this video that introduced me to Ministry when I saw it during the summer of 86 on U68 out of Newark. The book is also inaccurate when it credits the director for Revenge the Cure’s video guy was Tim Pope not Julian Temple. Nice to see Tyrone Davis, Ishmael Reed and Butch Morris mentioned in the book…a real surprise

But…that whole Cabrini-Green/Bop Bop man story while hilarious sounds like a tall tale…how would they know who he is unless there was a video for Halloween …i

Thanks to realmdemagic for clarifying the Storm Thorgerson/Peter Christopherson credit for the Over the Shoulder video…it was actually this video that introduced me to Ministry when I saw it during the summer of 86 on U68 out of Newark. The book is also inaccurate when it credits the director for Revenge the Cure’s video guy was Tim Pope not Julian Temple. Nice to see Tyrone Davis, Ishmael Reed and Butch Morris mentioned in the book…a real surprise

But…that whole Cabrini-Green/Bop Bop man story while hilarious sounds like a tall tale…how would they know who he is unless there was a video for Halloween …i

No prob! I’m a huge Coil fan, so it was a bit upsetting that Peter was mistaken for Storm. They both worked on Floyd album covers, so I can see where Al got confused. Coil was on the early Wax Trax roster, so it would have been nice for Al to make that connection.

The Halloween story is more than likely a tall tale. There is a small possibility that Al was recognized from the 12" sleeve if he was sporting the same shades, but I’m leaning towards the former.

Yeah! Bought the Coil Tainted Love 12" after seeing the video at the Museum of Modern Art

[reply][reply]
• Martin Atkins is a big meanie (by Meg Lee Chin, Chris Connelly, En Esch, Michael Gira, Sascha Konietzko, Genesis P-Orridge, William Tucker, all the people in his “school”…)

I don’t remember the statements exactly, but this week Patty Jourgensen also gave corroboration on Atkins being a schmuck.[/reply]

Did she? Ha! It seems like Martin can’t go more than five minutes without annoying someone.[/reply]

Atkins on facebook ; “lydon is a phoney” shortly followed by “give me money I’ll do you some rockstar lessons”