Industrial Accident: The Wax Trax Records Story

Cause We’re In Love Again is much later than you’d guess. It was from the post-Twitch tour sessions. So that’s Barker and Reiflin on it. Likely holding their noses the whole time.

Interesting info on that song, never would have guessed. Was it mentioned in an interview somewhere?

I guess that places it in the Sire era, I was wondering why it was excluded from the Trax Box.

I am in the same boat. Ordered both the Cash Grab box set and the CD version. No emails so far since I placed the order.

Maybe they’re shipping orders east to west to align with the promotional tour?

Update from Julia on Tour and Shipments

Stoked my Cash Grab box arrived today. Bummed that in spite of careful packaging, my copy is flawed. Anyone else have these issues on the bottom right of the box, gatefold, book, and the insert portion inside the gatefold?

That sucks.

(There’s a 20 character comment minimum now?)

Bunk deal. Hope they replace it for you. Will say the amount of packaging they used was rather impressive. Perhaps not the most “earth conscious”, but definitely kept everything pristine. (Though my vinyl has a flawed section that skips badly, but hoping they sort that out once things slow down.)

Said it was supposed to come this past Monday and is now saying “Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.”…

I don’t get it. We put a man on the fucking moon but can’t ship vinyl properly. SMH

1 Like

Haven’t heard the song yet but I am immensely-fascinated by this and am also interested in the source of this info. I love the ‘late synthpop’ stuff like “The Angel” and “Isle of Man” (in addition to just really liking With Sympathy) so the idea of the Rape & Honey lineup doing something that people mistake for an Arista-era track has me disproportionately-excited.

1 Like

I got shipping notification today.

Mine’s lost and I had to call and wait on hold for over 45 minutes with USPS. They’re “checking into it”. I am literally 20 miles from where it was shipped. I just don’t get the awful service from USPS :frowning:

I sent an email about my damaged goods and Julia responded in under an hour that they would replace the damaged pieces. For what it’s worth if anyone else gets some damaged stuff.

2 Likes

That sucks! I’m sure they’re diligently working on it :slight_smile:
Hope they find it!

I picked it up on iTunes. Man, Animal Nation is the best blend of Shriekback/Twitch and Revco. This is my favorite “lost track” since “Show me Your Spine”. I’d never realized how influenced Twitch’s vocals were by Shriekback but I hear it so clearly here and it’s awesome.

The alternate version of Vogue was pretty cool. Gives a good idea of what Money would have sounded like if it sounded more like Naive.

I liked the Boxed Set stuff better than I thought I would too. I see why they never released it, doesn’t really fit into the Wax Trax wheelhouse but cooler than I’d expected.

Acid Xians was neat too.

The early version of “Tonight we Murder” is just as mediocre as the released version. The live “Headhunter” was no great shake either. “Cuz Were in Love Again” has cool moments but feels like an unpolished demo. There’s a few bits ripe for looping and turning into the backing tracks to a decent hip hop song.

This all did get me interested in Wax Trax for the first time in a while, though I feel the handling of the release and the tour has been a clusterfuck. I think they might have been wise to just release a few more records before trying to do this huge project.

1 Like

What’s the story with the poem at the end of the album? It’s on the digital version, at least…

Just received my box set. And like someone said above, the amount of packing materials used was considerable. Thankfully mine wasn’t damaged. I’ve seen the doc and am looking forward to hearing the unreleased tracks and watch the extras on the blu-ray!
I’m really just glad it is finally in my hands. I contributed to the kick starter years ago and was resigned to the whole project never really seeing the light of day.

^^^This!

I’ve been biting my tongue, for the most part, but this has been a shitshow.

1 Like