Industrial Accident: The Wax Trax Records Story

I think it’s just the soundtrack that hasn’t shipped. The other stuff went out around the time that it started.

I hope mine has shipped. I moved to Denver after pre-ordering the Cash Grab edition (it will hopefully get re-routed to me). Problem is I don’t have the old email anymore, since it belonged to an internet company that is not in Colorado (COX).

FWIW, Jam Science is my favorite Shriekback album, I’m a huge fan of those guys. The Noise Abroad 12" is well worth checking out. It was added as two bonus tracks to a CD re-issue of LVA’s solo album that Wax Trax licensed in the '80s.

I haven’t received any shipping notifications just yet. Fingers crossed.

Mine should be here tomorrow (hopefully)

My Cash Grab box showed a day early. Whee! No download code, and there are exclusive tracks between both the vinyl and CD editions. Seems it’ll be a game of Pokémon to get all the music. Maybe the cd version will show up on streaming services? I’ll probably get the CD eventually, but would have been a nice gesture to have gotten a d/l of all the tracks with the Cash Grab edition, especially given the name.

What tracks are exclusive to the CD?

Here’s what’s on the mystery 7"s-

[SPOILERS-Keep scrolling if you’d rather be surprised]

Standard deluxe 7":

Ministry-Everyday Is Halloween-Live at the Exit 1984
Ministry-'Cause We’re In Love Again

Limited Cash Grab exclusive

TKK-Acid Xions
Revolting Cocks- Physical (Animal In Me)

1 Like

Assuming the “mystery tracks” are correctly identified on Dusty Grooves’ website, then …
CD exclusives : Finitribe “I Want More” & Michael Wells / Greater Than One “Untitled”.
Vinyl exclusives : Revolting Cocks “Physical (Animal in Me)”.

Not sure if the Greater Than One track is exclusive to this release. If so, that means tracking down the CD for one song.

Mine arrived. (Atlanta, GA, USA)

Hitting play on the bluray now. The 7" has the song titled written on the record inner groove.

I got the cash grab, but the tracking info says label created 4/9 and expected delivery next Monday. I’m kinda pissed.

Ministry - ‘Cause We’re In Love Again

What is the story behind this track? Sounds like it might have been recorded around the same time as the sessions that produced “The Game Is Over.”

Good tune, but no idea on the year. I can also see it being from the same sessions as Overkill, since the vocal style is similar. The rim shots and saxophone do say late 1983 though.

I finally watched the film last night. Tonight, I’ll watch the “bonus” disk. I enjoyed watching the film, I loved Wax Trax!. I ordered YGDSOB VHS tape, TKK “bootlegs”, and others from them. It made me grin thinking about my youth and how much I enjoyed all that music and how it made me feel at the time.

I learned one interesting tidbit about YGDSOAB that was a big surprise… or maybe i’m a complete idiot and everyone knew that the album was over-dubbed. Is there an audience recording of that show anywhere?

My only thing is that I do not own a record player and would really like to hear all of this music I just bought. In the same vein as others… I sure would love to get digital copies of this music. If anyone is able, I sure would appreciate assistance.

Digging through my box now, lot’s of good stuff. I’ll have a full review later.

I bought the digital version, it actually different from the CD…it doesn’t have the Young Gods or Laibach tracks, but it does have the unreleased bonus tracks, as well as track (and an alternate version of the same track) from the “Box Set/Experimental” album.

I’m happy to share the digital copy, just PM me a photo of your purchase with your username in the photo, I wouldn’t feel right just handing it out otherwise.

I’ve gotten no notifications or anything.

USPS sucks.

Have you tried emailing Julia/Wax Trax!? The notifications I have gotten have been from the wax trax email.

Mine shipped. Says Saturday delivery. Apparently left Iowa around noon today, hopefully heading east this time.

USPS tracking says mine won’t be delivered until Mon the 22nd. Shipping label was created in April 10.

Thanks for the heads up! I got the cash grab box (well it’s coming anyway), but went to iTunes and grabbed the digital. Interesting they chose the Roland Barker tracks from the Box Set. Can’t wait to listen to it.

So I’ve made it through the entire box set. Movie is fantastic, as is the bonus disc which mainly focuses on the how many of the trademark bands started and how the side projects evolved. Very cool stuff. The Stephen George and Robert Roberts interviews weren’t included, would love see those someday.

The material is great, and the soundtrack tracklist varies between format, here’s what’s out there, and some of my thoughts on them.

LP

A1 My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult-Daisy Chain For Satan (Acid and Flowers Mix)-Nicely remastered, but the ending sample is slightly abridged.

A2 Revolting Cocks-Animal Nation. The bass line was re-purposed by for “Can’t Sit Still”. It’s weird to hear Al singing on a Revco track, I wonder if this was originally labeled as a Ministry song, maybe it was part of the Animal Liberation project?

A3 The Young Gods-Envoye!- Appears to be about ten seconds longer than the Black Box version.

A4 Pankow-Me and My Ding Dong-Same as Black Box version.

A5 Ministry-Tonight We Murder (Original Version)-Same as the demo from the Groovie 13 compilation, but in much better quality.

B1 KMFDM-Vogue (Apart version) From the Apart test pressing. Much funkier and groovier than the released version.

B2 Front 242-Headhunter (Live 2017) Short and to the point. Killer live performance.

B3 Mussolini Headkick-Your God Is Dead (Same as LP version) I feel dumb for not knowing this was a track by Luc Van Acker. lol

B4 Laibach-Leben Tod (Not available on digital release)

B5 Chris Connelly-Shipwreck (Same as Black Box version)

Deluxe version-as above, with bonus 7" (there is a slot on the inside of the gate-fold that it fits into)

A Ministry-Everyday is Halloween-Live at the Exit 1984. Sourced from a good audience recording (not from the audio of the video bootleg)

B Ministry-'Cause We’re In Love Again -No date is listed, but probably early 1984. Has the organic sound of the post Arista demos, and I’m almost positive Patty is singing the “Stay away, away away” parts. This Might be the rumored “Oceanside Away” track.

CASH GRAB edition: As above with a bonus Cassette

A Vintage Answering Messages, Interviews And General Fuckery (Program One) This one has a short snippet of an unreleased version of Daisy Chain 4 Satan (with the lyrics “You said nothing less, unless I back away” Also, a short partial 1982 interview with Al, Wemp was with him as well.

B Vintage Answering Messages, Interviews And General Fuckery (Program Two)

CASH GRAB pre-order edition: As above with a second 7"

A My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult-Acid Xians from the I see Spirts demo tape. Better sound quality.

B. Revolting Cocks-Physical (Animal In Me) an unheard “middle version” of the track. It’s similar to the banned version, but features a twist on the original lyrics.

CD EDITION

As above, but does not contain “Physical (Animal In Me)”. It features the additional tracks

Fini Tribe-I Want More This was the first time I sat down and listened to this one, had no idea it was a CAN cover. Very cool. The song in the movie is the CAN original and not this version.

Michael Wells/Greater Than One-Untitled Not related to any of their previous “Untitled” works. It’s actually just a spoken word poem about Wax Trax records.

DIGITAL VERSION

Features everything above except for “Physical”, “Envoye!” and “Leben Tod”, with these tracks not available anywhere else-

Boxset-Untitled, Part 1 (Roland Barker’s piece) Side C the infamous unreleased WAX019, divided in two parts.

Lead Into Gold-Low and Slow (Score/Instrumental) Not sure if this is a vintage recording or something new Paul put together.

Boxset-Untitled, Part 2 (Roland Barker’s piece) Second part of Roland’s Boxset piece.

Last, but not least, is one more previously unheard Ministry song in the film itself called Hopeless Days. No idea on the actually year, but it’s a minimal synth instrumental with nice choir pads and movie samples. Two minutes of it plays during the film.

1 Like

Not even a shipping notification yet. Maybe someday…
I’m guessing it’s because I ordered the cd version too and the cd is holding it up?