Industrial Accident: The Wax Trax Records Story

I swung by Sin’s 50th birthday party last Saturday night, and he told me about this. Showed me the potential set list too. Swore me to secrecy, glad I didn’t have to sit o
n it too long. This show is going to be crazy.

I have a feeling the set list will look something like this:

Stigmata
The Missing
Diety
We Believe
Thieves
So What
Burning Inside
Every Day Is Halloween
NWO
Just One Fix

• A couple of Revco tracks

Although it will never happen, this is what I personally would like to see:

Everyday Is Halloween
Over The Shoulder
Revenge
I’ll Do Anything For You
Here We Go
We Believe
Diety
All Day
OverKill
I’m Falling
Same Old Madness
Primental

1 Like

I wish I could say more, but I promised.

[reply]The documentary is coming to Portland, but by the time I found out it was sold out.

Sad face.

before you grab the kleenex, spoiler alert… its a snooze fest dressed in shitty sunglasses and lollipalooza era clothing. industrial my ass… more like gothic snowflakes in waiting.[/reply]

You’re trolling, and I bet you cup your hand near your ass to sniff your own farts.

The documentary is coming to Portland, but by the time I found out it was sold out.

Sad face.

I saw the first of the two Portland showings, and was actually kinda shocked that at least Paul wasn’t there to say a few words, considering he’s local. Maybe out of town?

–SKot

I wish I could say more, but I promised.

What your suggesting means there could be guest musicians and/or Al stepping behind a synth/keyboard for the first time in decades. Hell has frozen over.

No, I’m not implying that. I asked, it’s still the same band line up as last tour. I wouldn’t expect PB back in the fold.

I hope the old songs feature the original arrangements, so it would be appropriate to break out some synths. Playing the acoustic or metal version of Halloween would be too easy and sort of a cop out.

The acoustic version of “Halloween” is fine, and in all honesty, that’s what I assume will be played. For me, what makes Ministry a “good” band is their diverse output, especially in the first 20 years of their catalog. It just worries me that since the touring band isn’t changing, we’re going to get makeovers of a few tracks, plus regulars that you know to expect, like “Stigmata” and “Thieves”.

Al still has it, as evident of “I’ll Do Anything For You” and him going back and authorizing very nice releases of all the unreleased early stuff. So, there is hope.

1 Like

Remember when it was reported that the bass player from shriek back , ex gang of 4 “is going to form a band with Jourgenson” sometime in the 80’s ?
Then we got the noise abroad side project

So the 2 bands were jamming together swapping musicians and forming hybrid bands…

I vaguely remember something about that. Didn’t Luc Van Acker play on some Shriekback tracks?
(Bisquit-might need your input on this one)

1 Like

He did on Jam Science album. Partyline and Under the Lights specifically.

1 Like

I’m wondering if the Wax Trax! Era set will be more about the side projects with Al & Co. playing some Revco tracks, Supernaut, and a few similar classics. I’d love to hear the synth-era stuff too.

Probably the latter. I doubt Al will go as far back as Same Old Madness or Cold Life, but I’m sure Supernaut, Pailhead and some Revco will be thrown in.

I’ve been hearing about this for a while now, and at this point… i’m ready for this thing to drop. :sunglasses:

“Your order has shipped”

• Wax Trax

I got the confirmation as well. Should have it by the end of the week (hopefully)

Now how silly is it that the Cash Grab version will arrive before the Kickstarter version from 3 years back or so…

Yeah…kinda BS…my order was shipped too.

My shipping invoice only shows the box set, I ordered the Kickstart vinyl as well. Weird that they’re not shipping together.

Ah well, looking forward to finally seeing the movie and whatever the mystery goodies are. Not sure if a digital copy is included, so if someone ends up getting the CD and want so to hook me up, that would be most awesome.

That sucks. Has anyone gotten any kickstarter gear yet? I didn’t get involved with that so I do not know.