Industrial Accident: The Wax Trax Records Story

[reply]
Here’s a link to preorder the movie and soundtrack due in April.

http://waxtraxchicago.bigcartel.com/category/industrial-accident

Thank you!! Would be nice if the Cash Grab box set also includes a digital download of the soundtrack. Otherwise, I’ll just have to order the CD as well.[/reply]

That would be nice. I ordered the box set and I’m on the fence about getting the CD. I’ll ask Julia and see if a digital version will be made available.

I did the kickstart vinyl too, so I’m curious to see what that’s all about.

I’m pretty sure I ordered the cd via kickstarter or whatever they used…

So what is the original version of Tonight We Murder? Would that be the demo version or the one from the 12"?

I remember there also being a short version on Demon Knight.

So what is the original version of Tonight We Murder? Would that be the demo version or the one from the 12"?

My guess is it’s the demo version that was on the Groovie 13 compilation.

I think you get the 7" as in the deluxe plus a different 7".

They clarified on facebook - 2 7"s for the Cash Grab set. Definitely curious as to what the tracks are. Maybe the WAX 019 tracks? I think one or two of those were in the movie, if I remember right.

There was a little commercial promo-film-clip thingy for this documentary that ran before the start of the MINISTRY show this past December in LA.

Did they ever put out that “Box Set” side project like they were talking about doing as part of the release promotion for this? The mid-80s EP with the track each from Al, Paul, Bill, & Roland that people were trying to sell test-pressings of on eBay for hundreds of dollars? I haven’t been following this too closely. Maybe it’s that? Then again that’s probably too long for a 7".

They were discussing a standalone release for WAX019, but that hasn’t happened yet. Each track is about the length of one side of an LP, so the tracks would have to be edited if they’re including them on either of the 7"s.

Here’s Animal Nation not over the telephone.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2019/01/30/industrial-accident-wax-trax-soundtrack/

[reply]I think you get the 7" as in the deluxe plus a different 7".

They clarified on facebook - 2 7"s for the Cash Grab set. Definitely curious as to what the tracks are. Maybe the WAX 019 tracks? I think one or two of those were in the movie, if I remember right.[/reply]

Thanks for making certain. I ordered the cash grab anyway. I don’t do FB but have you heard if they are going to offer any DL codes? I suspect it is just wishful thinking on my part.

I’m curious about download codes as well. I sent an inquiry out, still waiting to hear back.

[url “http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2019/01/30/industrial-accident-wax-trax-soundtrack/”]http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/...wax-trax-soundtrack/

Thanks for this!

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2019/01/30/industrial-accident-wax-trax-soundtrack/

Thanks!

Slower version of Can’t Sit Still but with Al’s Twitch-style vocals. I thought he abandoned those by that time.

I grabbed the boxset. I’m all in.

I think they should give us a digital copy of the CD. Seems totally logical. It’s almost like they didn’t even think about it or overlooked it.

This might sound silly, but I wonder if we could just ask them if the “money grabbers” could get a digital download and see what they say.

Haven’t heard back yet about the digital copy.

It’s also curious that none of the Ministry tracks that are now owned by Cleo are on the soundtrack. I guess those rights didn’t clear.

I guess Al held onto Animal Nation specifically for this release. Now I’m very curious to see what’s on those 7"s.

I guess Al held onto Animal Nation specifically for this release. Now I’m very curious to see what’s on those 7"s.

A single edit of “Same Old Madness” could be one of the mystery tracks. Didn’t Al refer to SOM as the “next single” during one of the 1982 live performances? Or maybe he was referring to WFL.

[reply]

A single edit of “Same Old Madness” could be one of the mystery tracks. Didn’t Al refer to SOM as the “next single” during one of the 1982 live performances? Or maybe he was referring to WFL.[/reply]

Could be. The 1982 pdf available to kickstart backers listed Same Old Madness/She’s Got a Cause as an upcoming 7". Not sure if there’s any unreleased versions of Same Old Madness, but I know there is an unreleased version of She’s Got a Cause.

The documentary is coming to Portland, but by the time I found out it was sold out.

Sad face.

The documentary is coming to Portland, but by the time I found out it was sold out.

Sad face.

before you grab the kleenex, spoiler alert… its a snooze fest dressed in shitty sunglasses and lollipalooza era clothing. industrial my ass… more like gothic snowflakes in waiting.

Per the official FB. . .

[i]MINISTRY! VANS! WAX TRAX! RECORD STORE DAY!

Vans Presents INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT: The Story of Wax Trax! Records

Documentary Film Screening, Panel Discussion, Q&A

Performance by MINISTRY (Wax Trax! Era Set) and Cold Cave

April 13 - Chicago
April 15 - Brooklyn
April 17 - Toronto
April 19 - Austin
April 22 - San Francisco
April 23 - Los Angeles

Venues, participating record stores, and ticket info soon! Stay Tuned!!![/i]

I swung by Sin’s 50th birthday party last Saturday night, and he told me about this. Showed me the potential set list too. Swore me to secrecy, glad I didn’t have to sit on it too long. This show is going to be crazy.