Gerda Barker's book

She actually did it - who knew?

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Stand-Line-Gerda-Barker/dp/B0BYS9KJBW

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s a Wax Trax! group on Facebook and she’s been posting excerpts the last couple weeks.

2 Likes

Holy shit thats nuts!! I wonder if prongs makes a chapter or a snippet…

Chapter 27

Prongs

They were all a bunch of fucking assholes…

The End…

3 Likes

I was nice to her 'til the end. :slight_smile:

Her posts were often difficult to read stream of consciousness rants. Can’t imagine a whole book of stories written that way. Hope she had a good editor.

1 Like

I ordered it when rev posted it…got it today. It’s a big thick paperback. Some pics of Paul in it too.

2 Likes

Let us know how it is. I’m not sure I’m that interested. I wasn’t here for the Gerda drama, and only know when you guys mention it.

1 Like

I just got Geezer Butlers memoirs,so I’ll be reading that instead…def let us know how it is,revco…

I’d be interested in a review myself. I couldn’t imagine being her editor.

1 Like

Yeah whatever that editor got paid,it wasn’t enough…

1 Like

I vaguely remember this person. I was too young and didn’t really care to follow what the ruckus was all about. I remember everyone being rude to her though haha!

I don’t think I’d go out of my way to pick up the book but if someone shared their ebook file I’d probably look at it when im bored

People weren’t always mean to her. She started out very welcomed here, but then she started writing this cryptic nonsense and taking shots at people on the board and then it just devolved from there. and then one day she just stopped showing up. I remember a member here named davely bob could write just like here so it was funny when he would write nonsense like she would. but I never joined in with the gerda bashing.

Can’t believe this actually happened. I read some of the sample on Amazon and can’t imagine reading the whole 500+ pages. Anyone who does read it all care to share the gossip?

2 Likes

hopefully I won’t sound like a gossiping whore…

For those of you that read Chris Connelly’s book, you may or may not remember him speaking of a “super model” he was involved with. In the book, he purposely doesn’t mention her name. Gerda just made a post on Facebook about a “super model trying to steal her baby” along with a picture of Chris Connelly with her baby. Some guy comments and says “Paulina?”, Gerda says “of coarse”.

Now I’m wondering if Chris C could have been involved with Paulina Porizkova.

2 Likes

Could be - she was married to Rick Ocasek, so we know she was into the rockers.
On the other hand, they got married in '89 and stayed married until '18, so unless they had an open relationship Chris was rubbing another man’s rhubarb.
Also, the stuff Gerda said rarely made any sense, so it’s entirely possible she was responding to an entirely different question in the wrong place.

2 Likes

Never rub another man’s rhubarb!

2 Likes

I got that reference! :wink: (I’ve seen Batman '89 more times than I’d like to admit)

I belong to a Facebook group whose only purpose is to make memes out of Michael Keaton’s scene in Batman where he flips out and goes “You wanna get nuts? Let’s get nuts!” It’s cheesy, but their credit they get a lot of mileage out of it.

1 Like

Books have words in them.