Gerda Barker's book

I just read the book.

just read the book. I

White coofin book only

Stop beong obsessed with me. Doody heads.

I should also add that those are nice comebacks coming from a guy who lives in a state where shoplifting is practically legal and another guy from a state that has a whole town full of sex offenders surrounded by sugar cane.

We all knew you couldnā€™t stay away,it was never a secretā€¦

1 Like

Doody heads Stop with me beong obsessed .

1 Like

also add are a a and another a a by comebacks coming cane. from from full guy guy has I in is lives legal nice of offenders practically should state shoplifting state sex surrounded sugar that those that town who where whole

All that silliness aside, I actually finished the book a little while back. Lots of stories, some really interesting and some not so much. Basically covers 1980-2000 or so. Lots of Wax Trax stories from when she worked there in the early 80s. Some stories about bring a female lawyer at a time when that was rare, including one thatā€™s really crazy but gets added like itā€™s nothing big. Some parts that are a little frustrating - like ā€œPaul went out on the Land tour and I stayed homeā€. But plenty of really interesting stuff there. Overall definitely worth reading.

6 Likes

Thanks. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll pick it up, but thanks for posting about it.

I might pick it up. I love the Wax Trax era, so Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a good story or two.

1 Like

I just finished the book. If you are a lifelong Ministry/Wax Trax fan, you will enjoy it. There is a lot of stories with names you will recognize. It was cool to read about what their lives were like when they were not on tour. I always wondered how their day to day lives were. She speaks very highly of Mikey, which I did not expect after Alā€™s book portrayed him as his best friend. You can probably surmise that Al is not spoken of fondly if you remember Gerdaā€™s posts here. The book ends rather abruptly in roughly 2000. Kind of made me wonder if she is planning on a second volume of some additional chapters if there is ever a reissue.

3 Likes