Buck Satan and the 666 Shooters

Caved and bought it. It’s certainly a country album. Nothing like the two songs we heard before. And the digital download’s only 128… Very short album. And he actually SINGS!

Curious to know who gets a songwriting credit for the song, “The Only Time I’m Sober’s When You’re Gone”.

The download came with a .pdf of the credits, but it’s on my work computer so I can’t check it out right now. Several of the songs were covers though, and that might have been one of them.

so… has anyone ‘shared’ this yet?

i actually really liked the song ‘whats wrong’, when i heard it, the drums are silly (its like he didnt even HIT the ‘humanize’ button on the midi program…) but the song itself is really awesome.

that being said…

i still dont know if the album is worth my money. so anyone know where i can score it, review it, and then see if i wanna drop the dime on it?

Anyone who’s bought it are probably too unmotivated to fileshare it.

HAHA just like Lordpiko ill prob cave in and buy it, CD though, never been big on downloads.

[reply][reply]Caved and bought it. It’s certainly a country album. Nothing like the two songs we heard before. And the digital download’s only 128… Very short album. And he actually SINGS!

Curious to know who gets a songwriting credit for the song, “The Only Time I’m Sober’s When You’re Gone”.[/reply]

It’s a cover by a countryish band called Hartsfield. I have no idea why I know this.[/reply]

The reason I ask, is because I remember the song from around 1973 when I was in high school. Hartsfield was a “local band makes good” from around the south suburbs of Chicago, believe it or not. Never took a liking to them myself but you couldn’t go to a local teen concert at the time without them being there. So is the song factually credited as (Hartsfield-Jordan)? Just wondering.

I bought this and must say, you better have an open mind.
My first reaction was that i hated some of the shouted vocals. They just seem like such a cheap way to hide a bad singing voice. In Al’s case he doesn’t need to do it. He can still sing and it disappoints that he doesn’t do it more.
It took two listens, but i actually liked it. Once you wrap your mind around the attitude of the album, it is a lot better. Think of it as insurgent country mixed with Reverend Horton Heat or David Allan Coe. It is in a genre of its own which will cause it to be very unpopular. Most people would, myself included would never have gone near this album without Al and Mikey’s involvement. It is a little industrial, a little punk and a whole lot of beer swilling country.
This will inevitably get a bad wrap because it will be judged like Lulu, a misstep in the career of a once respected artist. Instead it should be judged on its own accord without prejudice.
Long story short, this is if nothing else, Is the most interesting thing Al has done in years. It has a playful vibe that is more well placed than the recent Cocks or Ministry. The buck Satan alter ego is in full effect.
The musicianship exceeded my expectations as well.

I actually don’t think of it as a misstep - I’m glad Al actually got the thing done after all this time. And yeah, Mikey’s playing the hell out of his parts.
I just think that if they’d produced it as a straightforward country album instead of cuntdustrial (to coin a term) the songs would shine and we’d have a much better record.

^ Exactly what he just said. First time I heard any of it, I was kinda “eh…?” about it. But I listened to it a couple times, and it’s kinda cool. Drums are garbage, but everything else is pretty cool. Mikey’s a guitar god who can probably play anything. The fiddle parts are kinda cool too, because I remember in an interview, that it was two girls who never played like that before. And Al’s voice was actually pretty good. The screaming was unnecessary, but when he actually sang, it worked.

Seriously though, the way the digital download is done is so amateur it’s no wonder no one takes 13th planet seriously as a record label. It’s frankly embarrassing.

As mentioned, the mp3’s are 128, they all have the number in front of the file name, 01, 02, etc, and the real icing on the cake gang, they don’t even put the order of the tracks in the metadata. Oh yea, you get to download the songs individually instead of in one zipped file or something. pathetic presentation.

I actually don’t think of it as a misstep - I’m glad Al actually got the thing done after all this time. And yeah, Mikey’s playing the hell out of his parts.
I just think that if they’d produced it as a straightforward country album instead of cuntdustrial (to coin a term) the songs would shine and we’d have a much better record.

I agree completely. An acoustic companion is something i’d be interested in. Bottom line, i see potential.

The tracks (for me) came in a zip. I had to label them and so on. Didn’t even know the album had an actual title until now. Thought it was self-titled… 128 bitrate, though, is kinda primitive…

Mikey’s playing might make this worth buying on its own.

Mine came as a zip, but there were no track numbers. I opened the .pdf to see what the order was supposed to be. Artist, album, artwork, etc. I had to fill in on my own. It’s almost as though 13th Planet is a shittily run record label.

Also, Buck Satan unplugged would be all killer no filler. Maybe we should start a petition.

oh yea, i left that part out. The MP3’s don’t even have Artist name or album name, and are labeled as “blues” for genre.

who the fuck cares.

You do. A lot.
Get your own life and stop leeching off of everyone else, you filthy parasite.

They couldn’t even title the mp3 files?

It’s pretty obvious that Al and co. fucking hate everyone and are being totally cynical.

This is total AIDS.

At least Liam Neeson got his from an African prostitute:

http://youtu.be/eQOJbLTRWfM

It’s pretty obvious that Al and co. fucking hate everyone and are being totally cynical.

Nah, they’re just incompetent.

Curious to know who gets a songwriting credit for the song, “The Only Time I’m Sober’s When You’re Gone”.

From the liner notes on the crappy digipak sleeve

The only time I’m sober is when you’re gone - 3:21
“P. Gordon | P. Lacafo”

Late,
grmpysmrf