Buck Satan and the 666 Shooters

Caved and bought it. It’s certainly a country album. Nothing like the two songs we heard before. And the digital download’s only 128… Very short album. And he actually SINGS!

When did this come out?
Is it in stores or just as a download thing?

I guess the CD is available via 13th Planet.

http://www.thirteenthplanetshop.com/products/Buck-Stops-Here-Bundle.html

I thought this was a weird “bundle”. I mean, if you buy the CD can’t you just download it to your PC/ IPOD or whatever?

Why would anyone want to buy both?

Usually when you buy CD+Download packages you get the download straight away instead of waiting for the CD to arrive, it means they don’t have to worry too much about shipping straight away.

Where’s the bundle deal where you get Al’s tobacco spittle thrown in?

Many labels just include the download with the order to tide you over until the CD arrives in the mail, but these guys have the balls to charge an extra $5, and for a low bitrate rip no less. Fuck you, Al/Angie/whoever is responsible for this nonsense.

And 10 bucks for a low quality mp3 album…

Ironically, I remember Angie’s argument against all the negative TLS reviews at the time was because of it being of a lower bitrate (192), and thus the final product did not reflect and need bad reviews [laugh]

$1000 for the lyric book.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
You’re not Elvis, Dude.

Al/Angie must take after the ‘‘trailer-park eBay seller’’ way of merchandising.

A-yup, yup, 20 yr old Honda Civic…300,000 miles, still runs good tho…mmmm 5 grand suit ya?

Quicker Than Liquor is an interesting one too. Heroin and Cocaine definitely quicker than liquor… But it’s interesting and kinda amazing to see that Al can infact still sing decently well, but refuses to with ministry. Too hardcore I guess…

And it’s gone.

This has been released? 13th Planet and promo just don’t go together in the same sentence.

I know. How funny that this album which 6 years ago we spoke about and dreamed about but never actually thought would be made . . . this album which for many of us was going to be the Holy Grail of all albums ever made in the history of the universe.

It comes out. And no one even can be bothered. On the other site I play on (made up of post-PissArmy refugees) there is no mention whatsoever.

If it wasn’t for Lord Pico’s post I don’t know how long we’d have gone before anyone noticed.

I don’t want to order a download or buy anything online, but if I see it in a store I’ll probably pick it up so I can finally hear this thing.

If you buy this album, you’re supporting this:

But if you buy the $1,000 lyrics book, you’re a God.

Remember remember the 11th of November…Besides 11-11-11 being International Metal Day, it’s also the eStore Street Date of the Buck Satan & The 666 Shooters release “Bikers Welcome Ladies Drink Free.” Orders are shipping out this week, so if you haven’t already pre-ordered your copy of Al …

Wow.

Is that not the worst album title of all time?

Because when it really comes down to it, most Ministry fans don’t give a crap about country music, no matter who sings it.

I give a crap about country music.
I mean, the good stuff.

Anyway, I’ll be buying the download. I’m all about paying an artist for his work, even if he’s a sad old drunk.

That said, the lower quality of the mp3s sucks. If anybody gets the CD version maybe they could rip high quality versions of the songs and host them somewhere? Just for us friends, I mean.

OK, I’ve listened to it.

Firstly, probably 90% of you are going to hate this album. HATE it. Just in general principle. You already know if you’re one of those people, and if you are, don’t listen to it. Don’t fileshare it, don’t play it on Youtube, and for God’s sake don’t buy it. Just pretend it doesn’t exist at all and you’ll be much much happier.

For the remaining 10% - when I first started playing this I thought to myself “Man, this is really bad.” But then I realized that it’s not actually bad, necessarily. In a way, it’s worse than bad. It’s disappointing.

'Cause the thing is, Al and Mike actually wrote some fine country/honky-tonk songs in here, but they’re buried under shouting vocals, that cheap sounding drum machine, irritating introductions every time a solo comes on, unnecessary vocal effects, etc.

The credits say Mike plays banjo, but it sounds to me more like he’s playing midi guitar into a banjo synth. They couldn’t find a real banjo player in Austin to come in for an afternoon? That’s an example of the kind of thing the record is full of. Moments that are almost good, but fail, apparently due to Al not wanting to go that extra mile. At least the strings are real.

I’d like to see some other band remake this album - almost anybody signed to Bloodshot records would do. Someone who’s actually versed in how to make alt country sound good could have done wonders with it, because like I said, the songs themselves are actually pretty darn good at their core (most of them). Instead, we get this half-baked thing that doesn’t quite elevate itself above novelty status.

Brutal.

[:|]

Well… well, damn.

Here’s to VIDEO GAAAAAAAAAMMMMMEEEE.

If you buy this album, you’re supporting this:

But if you buy the $1,000 lyrics book, you’re a God.

+1