"60 Days In" on A&E

2nd episode followed the same formula as first episode except for the addition of some new obvious participants…this show is losing its lustre for me…think I might be jumping ship…

It’s a tad repetitious, but one thing they have stepped up is the casting. The mormon dad is fantastic. And the lesbian chick is going to do some damage.

Yeah Mormon dad is cool…his son is a bore though…couldn’t care less about the cop or the white mother or the other new bourgeois chick…lesbian chick should step it up…guess I will stick around to see what Nate does to retaliate for being punked…the 2 hour episodes are a slog though…too much room to rely on the same tropes over and over again…

The cop is a fucking nerd.
I love how NATE was already sniffin’ that fool and calling him out as a walking target and a punk, hahhahaha!!!

I wasn’t paying close attention, but . . . yeah, Mormon Dad is badass. Mormon Boy . . . fucking shark bait, hahhahaha!!!

Nate is so fucking rad.
I love how this glowing whiteboy is just absolutely LOVED by the Bloods. They’re ready to straight shank a mofo for their boy Nate, hahahaha!

No matter what happens moving forward, none of them will be as lame as that “youth pastor” who tapped out last season…

GERSON. Yeah, fuck that guy.
Fucking pussy didn’t even get a proper tap out.
He never even stepped inside.
And to make things worse he wouldn’t even admit that he freaked out and went running scared.

Undercover High started last night in case you needed more reasons to hate the next generation.

UNDERCOVER HIGH?

Tell me more, please.

Saw the commercials for this too. . .

Like 60 Days In, this is about adults going undercover in high school. Wasn’t there a Patrick Dempsey movie in the 80s with this premise? Or was in Jon Cryer?

Anyway, is the show any good?

Yeah it was Jon Cryer in Hiding Out…it was on cable all the time in the 80s…

Saw the commercials for this too. . .

Like 60 Days In, this is about adults going undercover in high school. Wasn’t there a Patrick Dempsey movie in the 80s with this premise? Or was in Jon Cryer?

Anyway, is the show any good?

Its vile but interesting and I’m sure a real eye-opener to what kids are like these days if you’re older and have no idea. Instead of doing it at the beginning of a school year they had them come in during it so as the new kids everyone is fixated on them. My main problem with it is if I was paying attention correctly, the cameras weren’t hidden and they had to tell students they were filming for other reasons, so they see cameramen walking around everywhere and thus you won’t get the true candid versions of themselves. I didn’t catch if that was for all of the cameras or just some. But they integrate their facebook conversations and shit on the screen so that’s where you get how they really act. The cell phone use is completely insane, they let these dolts use their phones all day in school during class and everything. It really illustrates the problem of nonstop faces buried in phones all day as a way of life.

One of the girls going in undercover was beautiful and is just non-stop harassed by every guy she walks by in the rudest way imaginable and there was a big group chat that accidentally added her with some guy saying he was going to rape her. So yeah, it’s an interesting show but it will piss you off and make you hate kids.

WOW!!! Thank you. I am definitely interested in that. And, yes, I feel so foreign from the standards of youth culture now that this really will be helpful and eye opening.

My own sister confessed to me (her kids are like 17 and 15 now, I think) that kids today are completely stunted. She told me that the 18 year olds of today are more like the 13 year olds of our era in that they are completely unequipped for “real life” situations, jobs, social interactions, living alone, etc.

I find it all fascinating, actually, and also it makes me so glad I don’t have kids. I think I’d murder mine, hahaha.

I tried watching Undercover High and didn’t get far…I found pretty much every aspect of it unbearable…just wasn’t for me…

I did find it hysterical how a couple of the “undercover adults” were talking as if social media was this unknown entity back in the olden days when they were in school and yet it turns out they are like 22 …haha…

That being said, 60 Days drew me back in this week…some great moments in this latest epsiode…I won’t spoil anything for the less than a handful watching it but I laughed my ass off at some of the content…

I tried watching Undercover High and didn’t get far…I found pretty much every aspect of it unbearable…just wasn’t for me…

I did find it hysterical how a couple of the “undercover adults” were talking as if social media was this unknown entity back in the olden days when they were in school and yet it turns out they are like 22 …haha…

Apparently 1 or 2 of them needed some psychological counseling after the shit was over. Hahahaha. i have no plans to watch this thing.

Holy shit. I’m definitely gonna look for it now, hahaha.

The ‘undercover high’ thing will be interesting to see people’s reactions to as it gets more well-known. I work for a city school department and am around high school students in particular a whole lot, and people think I’m exaggerating when I talk about how fucking horrible they are. I’m fairly young myself and have my own set of horrific memories from that time so this isn’t some kind of “back in my day” thing, but damn.

The cell phones thing has more to do with the kids/parents. We try to make everyone keep them put away, but nine times out of ten, kids act like (and will even try to state) having/using the phone in school is some kind of constitutional right that is illegal for us to violate. There’s just not enough willpower left in the building to strictly enforce keeping phones put away when every single polite request for any given student to put it away inevitably escalates into a scene that requires calling security, even in ‘good’ schools. Now picture doing that hundreds to thousands of times a day. I couldn’t even count the number of times I heard students threatening teachers under their breath to say that if they didn’t give them their confiscated phone back, or let them keep texting on it in class or whatever, that they’ll go to administration and say the teacher touched them inappropriately. And with stuff like this, or the tantrums that result in security having to be called, etc. I’m not talking about whiny freshmen straight out of middle school, either - I’m talking about actual, collegebound seniors in AP programs, and people who are legally adults. And the parents enable all of it; I have lost track of the amount of times we’ve had bitchy middle-aged women come in and start screeching at us about calling the cops or taking us to court over confiscating her 17-year-old daughter’s cell phone for one class period after she told the teacher to go fuck themselves over being asked to put it away during lecture.

It’s not too different in a lot of ways from when I was that age, though… as much as society loves to stroke its boner for the “college student out on their own learning and becoming mature” trope, I’ve never seen it even remotely approach truth. People in that “about to graduate high school/just graduated high school/about to start college/been going to college for a little while” phase of early adulthood are invariably the most bottom-of-the-barrel, shit-stupid, incompetent wastes of space I’ve ever met, without fail, and I don’t think you can entirely blame cell phones and social media and so on, but looking at how high schools are running now even in the years since I’ve been gone, it’s not hard to see where it contributes.

Damn, I’m kind of terrified to go in on this High School one now, hahaha.

I honestly had no idea shit was that bad.
I only recently had a small TASTE of it from the online backlash I saw about a program some concerts (including the recent Misfits Reunion shows) were instituting with YONDR bags. To keep everyone from fucking around filming the show with their phones, you check it in a locked pouch (which you are always in possession of). At the end of the night (or at unlocking stations throughout the show) they unlock it for you and life goes on.

People were completely freaking out as they were being rounded up for death camps, solely because they were going to be required to NOT use their phones DURING a concert.

I loved the program. It eliminated that ocean of phone screens in my way and people actually engaged in the moment instead of staring at a fucking phone screen.

Cell phones are everywhere at school. School policy is that students need to put their phones in their bags during class. If you’re caught with it after class starts the teacher confiscates it, and if its your first time being caught you’ll get it back after class from the teacher anything after that it goes to the security office. If student refuses to give the teacher the phone (only happened once this year to me) then the teacher isnt supposed to or argue or negotiate. We’re to just call security and go on with class as normal; security comes and yanks them out for defiance and the school police (actual police- diffrence between school security and school police) confiscate the phone anyway. First phone trip to the security office the kid has to do after school work detail to get it back. Every instance after the first confiscation the parent has to come pick it up. Some teachers dont care and dont enforce the rules, others try to enforce and fail miserably, and others have no problem enforcing the rules. But yeah outside the classrooms everybody is glued to their screens

^ I love that straight-forward, no-bullshit policy, Grumpy. It is depressing, though, that it has to be at that level. I was a bit of a squirrelly bastard sometimes, but never combative, and when I got called out for dicking around or having something in class I shouldn’t have, I just fucking complied with the administrators’ requests. It’s insane.

Sometimes I think I’d like being a teacher . . . but then I hear stuff and just think I’d get fired the first day for choking a kid and making him eat chalk.