"60 Days In" on A&E

Now you’re just instigating.

1 Like

I think the new NARCOLAND bullshit starts tonight.
It’s probably gonna suck balls.
I’m all in, of course.

I gotta work tonight but will be recording…report back how much it sucks when you can…

That’s nuts! What channel(s)/network(s) is it on?
Point of interest: I have never watched one episode of leave it to beaver or the beverly hillbillys for that matter
another classic I’ve never watched was All in the family. I was little when that came out and archie bunker used to scare me. but of the three i’ve listed it’s the one I’m most interested in watching now.

“All in the Family” is not as easy to watch for me.
I just don’t think it aged super well. There are definitely funny parts, but for the most part (for me, at least) it’s kinda like trying to watch “Laugh-In” or “Lawrence Welk”, haha. You’re probably trying to watch it for the same reason all of our set TRIES to. We just want to see Archie being a bigoted asshole, but it’s not all that really. It’s just an old sit-com.

60 DAYS IN – NARCOLAND

Hard to assess based on the first episode.
They’ve not wasted as much time on the dumb “at home” stories and the training sessions and such. It’s all worn ground. We know the drill.

The “outside” stuff is questionable. I’m not sure what to think about it. I need more time.
The inside stuff is standard issue, but interesting to see that they are doing it in another of the same jails as earlier phases. It was one of the better run organizations, but still.

One little teaser clip for the upcoming season is a group of dudes in a pod apparently telling the plant . . . . “Okay, we accepted you into our group, now shoot this dope!!!” That’s pretty gnarly shit.

I suspect that this season will be not a whole lot different than previous ones, but they have more of a focus/theme. I think the outside stuff will be mostly padding, to be honest. I don’t think there’s gonna be a whole lot of tie-in from the outside to the inside. But . . . . time will tell.

That’s nuts! What channel(s)/network(s) is it on?

METV which is an OTA channel. It’s on weekday mornings. You can also find on weekends somewhere but I only run across it through my ceaseless channel flipping.

I’m pretty sure you can find Hillbillys on METV as well. Ditto for Andy Griffith. It’s just about the greatest channel known to man.

You’d watch Lawrence Welk if they played this every night.

1 Like

So I watched this last night. . .

I agree. I think the “streets” footage will be largely useless. They can’t have cameras following her the whole time, so we’re going to get a lot of these “confessional” segments, where she’s filming herself. I also spotted some tricky editing when she heard the strange sounds. Think they’re already adding sound effects to make it more dramatic.

Otherwise, the ruse of “filming a documentary” will only yield more of these pointless interviews like that yahoo who wanted to show off his guns. Watching that though, just reminded me of growing up in Ohio. That looked like how I imagine so many of my classmates ended up. Glad I got out of that place.

I’m also somewhat annoyed at the expansion of the police follow section. Although, that was funny that he lost those 2 guys right out of the gate. I was going to complain that it was just a Cops rip off, but Cops would’ve never aired that footage. Shortest car chase ever.

Undecided on the jail stuff as of yet. The guy seems ok, but also like he might tap out quick. These “tough guy” types don’t seem to last long.

We’ll see.

As far as growing up in Ohio goes,Gummo was all I needed to see…

1 Like

I’ll watch the episode again, but I’m thinking I must have missed this part.
I don’t remember any car chase or police-follow action.
The “Ima Die A Legend” chick looks like she’s gonna be an endless eye-roll – “Hey, y’all! So where can I buy some drugs?”

It was that part you were talking about on FB. Where the Sheriffs pull that guy over and while they’re looking him up, he takes off. He lost the cops like 2 seconds later. It was hilarious. They had even admitted to being felons.

Oh, yeah, hahahhaa!!! I forgot that mini-rant was actually about 60 Days (I watch a lot of cop stuff on YouTube too).

Fucking crooks were driving a goddamned white Cadillac Pimpmobile, neither had a license, they admitted to being felons (kidnapping and theft that they offered, so God only knows what else they got in their files).

“Okey dokey! You fellas just hang tight while I turn my back and go look through some stuff and make some phone calls and . . . HEY, WHERE YA GOIN’? OH, GOSH GOLLY DARNIT, THEY’RE ON THE RUN!!!”

I tried twice to watch but I just couldn’t get through the first 10 min…gonna try again now

Wait…they sent in a news reporter that had been on tv in to the jail? Uhhh…

That goober cop let those guys get away in the car hahahahaha

Yeah, the screening process for this phase’s participants could be scrutinized for sure.

I’m already so sick of the trailer park chick…

Yeah, she’s insufferable.
She wants to portray herself as some street-tough badass because she smoked out of a lightbulb at the Gathering of the Juggalos last year.

Sounds accurate…

New episode tonight…