"60 Days In" on A&E

Oof. Yeah, they’ve definitely got skis on Fonzi. I’ll give it a shot, but this looks like a disaster.

We’re taking the fight TO the CARTELS!!!
We got 60 Days…

Uhhh, so the drug cartels (who are apparently based out of Tennessee or Georgia or whatever dumb hick state they were in) who have operated with impunity and had a stranglehold for the last 40 years are going to be taken down by an elite group of 6 social workers, youth pastors, low level Army fails, and “guy/girl with a brother/sister that went to jail”?

This sounds more like a terrible Marvel comic movie than an actual mission.

Agreed.

And that lady in the trailer saying “If I die, I’ll be a legend” just tells you what type of people they have cast.

HAHAHAHA!!! Acid, that “If I die” quote was hilariously dumb. I only sorta heard it when I played it at work (volume turned down to the bare minimum) and it didn’t really register. I honestly thought it was one of the supposed perps, haha. Then when I watched it again later, I had the classic Will Smith “Ohhhhhh, Heellllllllll Noooooo!!!” reaction. No, Bitch, you ain’t gonna be a legend. If you die you’ll not even be a minor hero of the week. They’ll suppress it as much as they can, and shit-can the episode. Aside from your next-of-kin that will receive a large manilla folder of your signed contracts saying you understand all the risks and are still marching into the mouth of death, no one’s gonna hear a goddamned word about your dumb dead ass.

This bonus clip from Season 5 fucking cracks me up. It reminds me of the Simpson’s episode with Moe … “and that’s how with a few simple modifications, you can turn one gun into 5 guns”.

You know they were hoping for something a bit more exciting, but Abner played it really cool and didn’t want to be seen giving away any actual useful hacks, but his examples were so lame and mundane . . . .

“I took two small pencils and taped 'em together and made it one big pencil…”

Yeah, she acts like she’s on American Idol or something. This is A&E. There’s like 12 people watching this deep cable shit.

This will be such a train wreck I can’t not watch it now!

“DEEP CABLE” is my favorite new word, haha.
Thanks.

Some industry slang for you.

OK, I watched about 20 minutes of 1 episode. Dumb. I really don’t get what folks see in this but what the heck do I know?

It’s a handful of civilians thrown undercover into jail. What’s not to get?
And if all you watched was the lead in shit with their bios and posturing . . . yeah, that’s a lot of fluff. But once they put 'em in the clink, it’s great.

I get the premise of the show. It just didn’t seem all that interesting to me. Maybe I just caught a boring part. I more or less stick to Star Trek on H&I or perhaps some Andy Griffith these days. No matter what it is, I’m a relentless channel flipper and seriously ADD when it comes to watching TV. There just isn’t much anymore that keeps my interest through a commercial.

HAHA!!! I have ZERO attention span.
I think “60 Days In” is the only new/current show that I ever follow.

I watch a lot of Andy Griffith too, but my main jams (my DVR is set to record them every night, so there’s always a healthy supply) are TWILIGHT ZONE and LEAVE IT TO BEAVER.

Leave it to Beaver? Now we’re cooking with gas. One of my favorite shows ever. Now that’s quality TV.

Hell yeah! And the channel that shows 'em is great. They show them sequentially, so it’s always nicely organized in my DVR in proper order, haha. Not that any of the stories are dependent on the preceding, but it’s cool seeing how some of the different side / support characters come and go, haha. I LOVE Larry Mondello. And in college one of my nicknames was “Eddie” because I was always schmoozing the parents and others but always up to trouble, haha.

I can only catch Beaver on random early morning weekends. No DVR for me. My fav episode was when the Beaver gets stuck in the coffee cup billboard on a dare from Whitey.

Fuck yeah! Beaver in the cup is fucking awesome!
I love how whenever The Beave gets in a jam his homies all scatter like rats, hahaha.
Wally’s friends ain’t much better. They all hate him because the chicks are all gaga for Wally.

I think my favorite is “The Boat Builders” when Wally and the dudes make a kayak and use Beaver to test it on Miller’s Pond. The scene where he capsizes kills me every time.

Huh.

Never thought I’d stumble upon a Leave It To Beaver conversation on this site.

No doubt… …

YES! The Boat Builders is another classic. Just fantastic television.

I also recently learned that Leave it to Beaver has never been off the air since it launched in 1957.