"60 Days In" on A&E

So this was the ‘Thievery’ episode…

The most annoying thing to me about Abner is his constant need to remind us that “outside he is a pastor” but “inside he is an enforcer”…ok dude we get it,jesus fucking christ …that being said it was cool watching him dress down that big eared doofus thief…I think he handled that well and got the guy to confess to the worlds worst kept secret hahaha…

Jazmyn is the absolute worst,no doubt…just an unbearable personality…such an stupid butthole of a person…

Doughboy is sad but like Gunner said,at least he admits he is fucking clueless and probably just trying his best not to get his ass beat…that bible study isn’t catching on is it? I wonder of Abner would have joined had he been in that pod…

I also find it hilarious that when the participants are talking to the camera and they put a graphic up it just says ‘60 Days In fan’ under Marks name…

David is basically just taking over the pod in a cocky yet believable way…

It was decent episode but I think next weeks might be a little more action packed judging from the previews…can’t wait

Agreed on the incessant “I’m a pastor outside…” schtick, but I don’t know how much of that is just the producers / editors tying in (way too hamfistedly) the silly macro story lines of the participants.

It’s a dumb theme because . . . yeah, Bro. Outside you’re something totally different than a regular criminal thug. Guess who else also fits that role… uhhhh, EVERYBODY (with the possible exception of Jazmyn, haha).

I mean, it’s not like just because [insert name here] isn’t a pastor s/he’s pro-crime, pro-corruption, etc. They’re ALL playing a part. Some better than others, but I assure you whether or not someone is a religious leader or devotee is not the primary factor in whether or not they’re able to conduct their tasks and complete the mission. The “Outside I’m a pastor, but…” doesn’t mean squat to me.
The “I spent _____ years in jail/gangs” is a billion times more relevant and critical.

Latest episode was pretty mediocre…although their were some actual punches thrown…

Has anyone of the participants actually gotten any inside info at all? I mean we know that dildo Steve did and we know how that turned out…I get the feeling this lot just wanna hang out and ride out the time…for all of Blondies talk about helping law enforcement,she can’t even figure out who keeps stealing her shit…hahaha…Jazmin is beyond stupid and I hope she taps out soon…can’t stand her…

Doughboy getting overly confident…you know that’s gonna bite him in the ass…

I don’t know,it as a pretty lame episode I thought…hope for better next week…

Abner, man. Dude is getting too into it.

Abner, man. Dude is getting too into it.

Yep…so is the cop

You’re totally right about no one seeming to actually collect any useful information. I mean . . . . David was sent in on the DRUGS mission and all I’ve heard him say is “Everyone in here does drugs. Everyone. Everyone. Everyone.”

It’s gonna be really tragic is Steve really does end up being the one that cashed out having provided the only quantifiable revelation.

And, yeah, both David and Abner seem to be really enjoying their power, haha. Abner could afford to tone it down a bit. He seems one stolen honey bun away from ordering some poor shithead to be shanked.

I don’t understand what he’s gleaning of any use. “Yo, dere’s gangs in here and I joined one and I was on da top!” They’re separated by race. Okay. Got it. Nothing’s new.

I think one thing that is crystal clear, though, is that, at least on the men’s side, the prisoners not only run the show . . . . . but they seem to run it pretty well, hahaha.

The women are another story. They’re all a hot mess.
And I don’t really even see gangs as part of the dynamic in the women’s unit. Blondie ALMOST had an in on some drugs intel but of course the other broads just fucked everything up.

If there’s ANYTHING learned at all, it might be about some of the inefficiencies/ sloppiness/ abuse from the guards, but honestly there ain’t much shown on that front either.

Hahaha that would be some cruel irony of Steve ends up being the only one who produced useful information…and then he gets to gloat on the wrap up show…haha oh man,that would be pure torture to watch…I get the feeling we will soon get an appearance from Mr. Gods, Guns and Government Sheriff fuck wad to bemoan the fact that none of these clowns have produced jack shit in the way of Intel…

This one is less “Undercover Boss” and more “Stanford Prison Experiment”.

Well,someone dropped a deuce in the shower…so yeah,that happened…

Abner is completely off the rails…he might get his walking papers…

Yeah, Abner has gone full Lord of the Flies. It’s insane.
I’m really looking forward to next week as it looks like he has a moment of clarity and realizes the absolute monster he’s become. That’s some scary shit. And I’m sure he doesn’t feel good later about clobbering a stupid kid who’s about 90 lbs soaking wet. I noticed he forgot to mention this time that he’s a chaplain, hahahahaha!!!

David was doing great, and it was pretty cool how he was being relied on to restore and hold peace and order in the pod . . . and he did quite well. I’m disheartened to see (if the teasers are being honest) him fuck up and accidentally blow Abner’s cover. I’m curious to see how that goes down since they’d been completely separated and Abner had just been doing his own thing. It’s a surprising slip too, since Mark and David were really doing a great job of staying distant from each other and staying cool.

Fuck . . . what can you even say about the girls? They’re just unredeemable anyway. They’re achieving nothing and at the end there will be three bitches proudly proclaiming that they discovered an inefficiency in the distribution of toilet paper, hahaha.

Mark was doing okay for a while and I thought he really got himself in check after White TV Day. He’d be a dead man in other pods, and he’s just lucky that his is nice and controlled. But now he’s totally Josh’s bitch, hahaha.

“You get to explain to the newbies what’s up, Mark.” Fuck that. That’s a damn powderkeg. Now when those retards fuck up - and trust me, they will, because JUST LOOK AT THEM - Mark is gonna have to answer for it. Again, he’s just lucky he’s in a pretty soft pod where dudes just wanna get through their time and NOT rack up more charges.

They’re at half-way now, but I’m not sure how many episodes are left. I really don’t see this batch carrying through to full term. And I don’t see anyone right now as an early tap-out. I just see that shit’s gonna continue to get mangled and they’re gonna have to pull the plug early.

Agree with all of the above.

I can’t believe the Sheriff hasn’t busted the lady circle up. Maybe there’s only one female pod, but I would’ve rolled Jazmyn out a long time ago. They are blowing it.

AB and David are in waaaaay deep. It’s actually kinda crazy.

And the inmate Josh is really funny. Dude is just a total, but somehow, lovable scumbag.

HAHA!!! Yeah, I agree about Josh too.
He reminds me of the shifty dude that works in assembly, packing, or some such position in any factory or office . . . always up to some sketchy bullshit, but also infectiously charming and hilarious. They just make the day better by being there because you know they’re always up to shenanigans and it makes you feel like all is right with the balance of the Universe as long as these dudes are active.

Josh reminds me of some kind of cartoon character…just looking at him makes me laugh…it was funny when Doughboy said he really doesn’t like Josh at all…

Josh reminds me of some kind of cartoon character…just looking at him makes me laugh…it was funny when Doughboy said he really doesn’t like Josh at all…

Yeah, he’s funny.
I’d love to see him get in a fight because I just have a hard time buying him as the big gnarly badass enforcer. He just seems like a guy who’s always talking shit and telling tall tales and such. I can’t hate on him. I think he’s funny.

Doughboy is still sore because his white privilege was pulled during White TV Day. That’s my takeaway from this season. Big dopey dumbass all excited for White TV Day ratting out the darkies and then getting no backup, hahhahaaha.

What the fuck did he WANT to happen? Josh call down the heavy guns and send in all the WOODS to start crackin’ skulls so they could watch Basketball?

I’d just be sittin’ chill every day and goin’ with the flow. Oh, Rocker wants to watch “Oprah”? Goddamn, lucky me, I sho do loves me some “Oprah”.

I also would love to see Josh in a fight…I’m laughing just thinking about it…

Well,David’s cockiness has reached code red level 9000…looks like not only has he not gathered any Intel but he is also compromising the program…and not a single fuck was give it appears…

Doughboy has fallen right in line with the whites and is buying in to it full on…he may be a total dork but at least he isn’t putting the program in jeppardy…

I thought for sure Abner was gonna get tossed for slapping that kid last week but apparently they just swept it under the carpet and instead we got him openly weeping for 10 minutes and blaming his failings in life on the system…

The womens pod is still a mess but they did manage to get rid of Jasmin(not Jazmyn)…

Its turning out that Blondie may be the most level headed of all the participants…she always keeps a cool demeanor and never gets overly involved in drama…

And yet another week passes with nobody getting any info they can give to the warden…

Well,David’s cockiness has reached code red level 9000…looks like not only has he not gathered any Intel but he is also compromising the program…and not a single fuck was give it appears…

Yeah. Fuckhead has gone Angel on us.
I was really pissed when they called him on it and he just doubled down like, “WHATEVAH, I DO WHADDAI WANT!!!”

I really thought he was gonna be remorseful and have some clarity like, “Fuck, yeah, I totally lost sight and dropped my guard. Let the sheriff know to inform Abner and we’ll go with whatever is needed to save or abort mission.”

It’s really an interesting study to see how jail really does change a person. Even going in fully-aware, eyes open, with a conscious EFFORT to maintain one’s core identity and values . . . even people who are probably fully exemplary in their class. David had 4-5 (I can’t remember how many seasons we’ve had before) examples before to learn from and he STILL went down the bad path.

David is full-blown Lord of the Flies/ Apocalypse Now at this point. Even with his own people staring him in the face and asking him about his fuckups . . . he’s drunk on power and completely re-wired for everything but good.

Doughboy has fallen right in line with the whites and is buying in to it full on…he may be a total dork but at least he isn’t putting the program in jeppardy…

He’s done well.
I thought he’d learn from his earlier fails and was pleased to see he’s in a good groove now. Really depressing to see that, even with Mark trying to get things set right, David is still hell-bent on his own dumb shit.

I thought for sure Abner was gonna get tossed for slapping that kid last week but apparently they just swept it under the carpet and instead we got him openly weeping for 10 minutes and blaming his failings in life on the system…

Yeah, I was conflicted on that stuff.
On the one hand, I can totally get and accept that there’s a HUGE element of “this is what the system/ institution does to you”, but instead of expressing (in words, as we did get tears and so forth) actual REMORSE for becoming the monster and beating a skinny child he tried to frame it like he was helping the kid. Yeah…uhhh, fuck off with that.

The womens pod is still a mess but they did manage to get rid of Jasmin(not Jazmyn)…

I’m curious to see what happens next as that skag was such a disruption that it seemed no one could focus on or achieve anything at all with her running wild.

Its turning out that Blondie may be the most level headed of all the participants…she always keeps a cool demeanor and never gets overly involved in drama…

Agreed, and ironically, at this point, I’m putting Mark as my #2.

And yet another week passes with nobody getting any info they can give to the warden…

HAHAHA!!! Seriously.
Although David pulled a total Steve in one of his narrations.
“I did my job! I got the info on the drugs.” [cut to flashback reel of Rocker mentioning getting shit from a DEA agent].

It’s tragic that my “Oh, fuck, what if?” prediction of Steve The Day 2 Tapout being the only one that produces a useful report might actually end up true.

David was sent there on Mission: Drugs.
He NEVER discusses anything about that at all, and seems to be making ZERO effort whatsoever.

He told us that EVERYBODY does drugs.
Well, considering that and the fact that he’s now the top of the food chain, you’d think he’d have brought a bit more to the table.

All of this really makes you appreciate just how hard of an exercise it is to complete and excel in. But also makes you see just how extraordinary a few of the earlier cats like NATE the Marine and that other Marine (Season 1 - I forget his name) were.

Maybe they should do a season where they only use Marines, hahhahahaa.

I just don’t understand WHY David blew his cover to that fucking guard. People must be hardwired for inability to hold a secret or something. And I guess the monotony and intense real or perceived trust and intimacy in a jail setting just leads to things coming out. I question the same thing all the time when watching all the crime shows and documentaries too. Seems every damn murderer, robber, etc. ends up telling his cellmates what he did (and they ALWAYS rat 'em out, hahaha).

I just don’t understand WHY David blew his cover to that fucking guard. People must be hardwired for inability to hold a secret or something. And I guess the monotony and intense real or perceived trust and intimacy in a jail setting just leads to things coming out. I question the same thing all the time when watching all the crime shows and documentaries too. Seems every damn murderer, robber, etc. ends up telling his cellmates what he did (and they ALWAYS rat 'em out, hahaha).

Yeah there is definitely something to that…and the fact he is a cop ,I think he needed to have that bonding experience with the corrections officer…seems he just couldn’t contain himself and needed to let the C.O. know that they are on the same team…if David didn’t blow his cover(and if he didn’t have a job to go back to) I could see him pulling a Nate and doing extra time…like you said,he is clearly drunk on power …

Yeah there is definitely something to that…and the fact he is a cop ,I think he needed to have that bonding experience with the corrections officer…seems he just couldn’t contain himself and needed to let the C.O. know that they are on the same team…if David didn’t blow his cover(and if he didn’t have a job to go back to) I could see him pulling a Nate and doing extra time…like you said,he is clearly drunk on power …

Ahhhhhh, yeah, I didn’t even think of that, but totally. He clearly feels a sense of superiority both morally and just in terms of his power and strength. In interviews he was alluding to how he’s a REAL cop and the CO’s are just bottom feeders, basically, so yeah, perhaps once he recognized someone on his side of the blue line that he actually respected he put too much weight on identifying with him.

It’s a really wild character study.
I was looking at David’s Twitter feed today and he was really pushing the “EDITING” aspect, and implying that he was straight up all the time and the editing made him look bad.

He couldn’t deny the Abner leak, though, and was like, “Yeah, my bad…”.