What are you listening to right now?

today was a gogo bordello kind of day… as well as “one day as a lion”… once the new kmfdm cd comes i’m sure i’ll be moving the buttocks to that

Satriani’s new cd.

Walter Becker’s new one too.

I’ve been pissed off by work lately so Slayer’s - Seasons In The Abyss has been fitting nicely.

Flame me all you want, but I gotta admit MIA’s “Paper Planes” is pure pop brilliance!

Your not kidding Jizzwad. It’s all I’m listening to right now. A great album all the way through. I think it sounds best about 2:00 a.m. driving down the highway.

Flame me all you want, but I gotta admit MIA’s “Paper Planes” is pure pop brilliance!

I’ll be on your side, though can only fight by beating people up with my boobies~

Back to the point of this thread though, I love MIA, and Paper Planes is a fav.

I’ve been listening to a lot of Gil Mantera’s Party Dream ever since I saw them opening for GWAR in May. They play cheesy pseudo-gay 80’s style synth rock but there’s something about them that I really enjoy.

Check 'em out:
Elmo’s Wish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qygN2En0U0I
Dreams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZlUeasC42o&feature=related
Do Division Chicago http://www.vimeo.com/1109427

Making the switch from Black Sabbath to free tracks downloaded from the Cold Meat Industry website. There’s hours worth of free material there! Kick ass!

Kiss’s song “I was made for loving you” and “lick it up” both on repeat… over and over… and over… and over…

Oh, man… Kiss’ best song, no doubt.

Still spinning “Sexo Olympico,” alongside “Don’t Blow Your Top.”

Just quit my job - so have been lounging around listening to music 14 hrs a day!!

Listening to -

James Plotkin - The Joy Of Disease
Mr Bungle - Disco Volante
Sunn O))) - OO Void
Boards Of Canada - Geogaddi
Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide
Xasthur - Telepathic With The Deceased
Merzbow - Venerology
Boris/Merzbow - Rock Dream
Comus - First Utterance
Nurse With Wound - Musty Odour Of Pierced Rectums
Scorn - Gyral
Popol Vuh - Nosferatu OST
Whitehouse - Asceticists 2006

Popol Vuh - Nosferatu OST

Great stuff. I have the Bruder Des Schattens album that has most of Nosferatu on it (but without Das Rheingold) and the tune from Fitzcarraldo (think it was used in My Best Fiend too).

I think the Aguirre soundtrack is the best they did for Herzog. Proper haunting music.

Comus - First Utterance

Hell, yeah.

[reply]
Comus - First Utterance

Hell, yeah.[/reply]

Bought a copy of this on vinyl - mint condition. It’s not the original pressing, however it did cost me a fortune.

Went on a record buying spree after quitting my job. Spent over $700 in one day at my favourite indie/metal/alternative store in Melbourne!! The most I have ever spent in one go.

I think the Aguirre soundtrack is the best they did for Herzog. Proper haunting music.

Aguirre III has more listens than anything else on my iTunes, it’s an eternal favorite of mine. The whole album is good but that cut takes me places.

Right now I’m listening to a cool compilation of leftfield dance tracks “Disco Not Disco”. Cabaret Voltaire’s “Mix-Up” album makes a lot more sense when put into the context of this sort of music (though no Cabs appear on the comp).

[reply]

Aguirre III has more listens than anything else on my iTunes, it’s an eternal favorite of mine. The whole album is good but that cut takes me places.[/reply]

Aguirre III thats the one with the percussion backing on it. The end of Aguirre I is great with that little wind instrument. do do-di-do-di Du-do do do-DU do di du

Some of the Shepard Symphony is mesmerising too.

I’ve been getting back into my IKON collection this week. Flowers For The Gathering and In The Shadow Of The Angel are really good goth-rock albums from the '90s (shame that the original singer left after these came out).

Jesu/Battle of Mice

I prolly won’t even put anything else on all day.

the god machine

Kraftwerk “the mix” driving today
listening to “colma” by buckethead