What are you listening to right now?

What do you think of solo Stevie Nicks? I think she is awesome.

Haven’t gotten to her yet. Rest assured, it’s only a matter of time. :slight_smile:

[reply]Fucking Fleetwood Mac sucks. And Stevie Nicks sucks. Hard.

How old are you people?

Seriously?

Old enough to appreciate music on its own merits and to have moved beyond the counter-cultural notions that something is known to “suck,” which are generally due far more to a perceived inverse correlation between quality and popularity than the actual contents of the works themselves.[/reply]

Preach it, Brother.

As I get older (I’m 43) I find myself looking backwards for good music. Elton John, Billy Joel, Fleetwood Mac, Daryl Hall & John Oates, Steely Dan, Roxy Music, Robert Palmer… these guys were great in ANY day, not just THEIR day.

Don’t get me wrong – the modern day is not devoid of good music. But it’s rare, and the older stuff still sticks. And fuck you if your knee-jerk reaction is to piss on anything recorded before Psalm 69.

Hahaha!

That’s just some shit my mom would listen to. I’m surprised to hear it being discussed.

I can’t stand Stevie Nick’s voice. And their music is just so. . .limp. Just boring old soft rock.

But, to each his own.

Carry on.

Hahaha!

That’s just some shit my mom would listen to. I’m surprised to hear it being discussed.

I can’t stand Stevie Nick’s voice. And their music is just so. . .limp. Just boring old soft rock.

But, to each his own.

Carry on.

All of this x2

Back on topics, here are some songs I’ve been enjoying lately:

The Cure - Lovecats
Queen - I Want To Break Free
Greta Van Fleet - Age Of Man

Someday you will graduate from baby food to asparagus.

I wouldn’t call what they like “baby food,” but that’s only because after years of gleefully shitting on certain bands, I realized that until I got a guitar and got up in front of a crowd, I have no justifiable cause to bitch.

Someday you will graduate from baby food to asparagus.

Sounds to me like you’re graduating from asparagus back to baby food.

You know. . .cause your teeth have fallen out. Cause you’re old.

Heh.

Suicide-American Supreme
The Gun Club-Miami
Godflesh-Streetcleaner

Meat Loaf (yeah, u heard me)
George Michael
Steely Dan
Billy Joel

I’m turning into my dad, God bless him.

Lots of :

Legendary Pink Dots
The Tear Garden
Twilight Circus Dub Sound System

Oingo Boingo. How did I live without these guys?!

[reply]Someday you will graduate from baby food to asparagus.

Heh.[/reply]

I like Fleetwood but this had me cackling out loud.

Hell yeah! Any particular album?
I’ve had “Insanity” by them stuck in my head since yesterday ever since I overheard heard an offhand mention of Dan Quayle (who gets mocked in that song). Lot of people don’t like that final album for being “too angsty” or whatever but it’s packed with good material.

[reply][reply]Someday you will graduate from baby food to asparagus.

Heh.[/reply]

I like Fleetwood but this had me cackling out loud.

Hell yeah! Any particular album?
I’ve had “Insanity” by them stuck in my head since yesterday ever since I overheard heard an offhand mention of Dan Quayle (who gets mocked in that song). Lot of people don’t like that final album for being “too angsty” or whatever but it’s packed with good material.[/reply]

HFS I’m listening to that track right now. I got Anthology, Farewell: Live, and Only A Lad.

So you never watched like literally ANY movie in the 80s?[;)]

[reply]Oingo Boingo. How did I live without these guys?!

So you never watched like literally ANY movie in the 80s?[;)][/reply]

Other than “Weird Science,” I can’t remember OB being in any 80s movies I saw. I’m sure they were, but I either spaced out or didn’t recognize them.

Back To School, dude. Rodney Dangerfield. It’s a classic. They are the band at his big party.

Back To School, dude. Rodney Dangerfield. It’s a classic. They are the band at his big party.

Yeah Back to School is an endlessly quotable on time classic that they are actually in…and then they are on a shit load of 80s soundtracks…tons of other 80s awesomeness like Fast Times,Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, 16 Candles and on and on…

They were also on the Gong Show once in the 70s I believe…

Thornton Mellon!

That weird Dilbert animated series from the 90s used “Forbidden Zone” as its main theme which was a pretty awesome use of a deep cut for such a shit franchise

And anyone ever notice how Elfman’s theme to Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure was partially-cannibalized from “Nasty Habits”?

Peter Gabriel - So