UCNX Ministry Covers - Unreleased 1986 tracks

I’ve dug UCNX for a while. They do a lot of covers, and they’re always pretty well-done. Thought it was pretty interesting that the latest release is just Ministry-related covers from 84-92, with versions of both Eyes Of Christ and Thrill Kill Kult (the song) from the 1986 tour making an appearance. Pretty much up my alley, and I thought it was pretty interesting to see versions of some of the best unreleased material on there. So far, I’m quite digging them. Thought I’d share for those on here who dig that era, like I do.

https://ucnx.bandcamp.com/album/covertrax-ep

These are really good! They did a great job re-creating the original sounds on the unreleased cuts.

I doubt studio versions of the originals exist, but these will certainly do.

I’ve dug UCNX for a while. They do a lot of covers, and they’re always pretty well-done. Thought it was pretty interesting that the latest release is just Ministry-related covers from 84-92, with versions of both Eyes Of Christ and Thrill Kill Kult (the song) from the 1986 tour making an appearance. Pretty much up my alley, and I thought it was pretty interesting to see versions of some of the best unreleased material on there. So far, I’m quite digging them. Thought I’d share for those on here who dig that era, like I do.

Is there a way I can hear the original Thrill Kill Kult song…is that one by Ministry or did Groovie Mann put it out?! Can’t believe I missed that one & I thought I was dees guys biggest fan [:(]

[reply]I’ve dug UCNX for a while. They do a lot of covers, and they’re always pretty well-done. Thought it was pretty interesting that the latest release is just Ministry-related covers from 84-92, with versions of both Eyes Of Christ and Thrill Kill Kult (the song) from the 1986 tour making an appearance. Pretty much up my alley, and I thought it was pretty interesting to see versions of some of the best unreleased material on there. So far, I’m quite digging them. Thought I’d share for those on here who dig that era, like I do.

Is there a way I can hear the original Thrill Kill Kult song…is that one by Ministry or did Groovie Mann put it out?! Can’t believe I missed that one & I thought I was dees guys biggest fan [:(][/reply]

Youtube, both of them are there. They are from a recording of the 6/6/86 show.

No Bunny cover sounds pretty similar to the version which Ministry was playing during the LORAH tour (you can even hear the same snare drumsample). The rest of the covers imo is not really impressive, when I saw their comment on the Eyes of Christ youtube video that they are going to make a cover of it, I was hoping that they would add a saxophone or at least a wall of noise, but they didn’t. Though I’m not dissapointed at least someone from the post-industrial music scene showed an interest in one of the darkest era of Ministry.

Thanks for the plug bisquit! I haven’t been here in AGES, and remembered that I used to frequent and I should pimp our EP here, and you did the work for me…best fan ever.

I would never figure our stuff would appeal to every single listener out there, but just to comment, our intention was not just to recreate what those '86 live demos sounded like, but also do our interpretation OF them as well…hence the Arabian bongos in the beginning of EOC. I can’t hear them in the bootleg recording, my brain just said they should go in there. As for “No Bunny”, yep, our intention was to emulate the way Ministry played the track live on the LORAH tour. Always felt it had a lot more oomph to it.

Yeah, of course. I’ve definitely dug your stuff. Actually made a comp of all the covers that we jammed to on a road trip not too long ago. Thought it was really cool to see some of the best unreleased songs ever getting some love. There were definitely some differences from the live versions, but where would the fun be if they sounded the same. The bongos were a definite good call.

And you should frequent here more often. There are some good folks still on here.

Really dig that cover of “Eyes Of Christ”. Wondering what they did for the lyrics, though, since none of us could figure them out here. Just kinda mumble and make 'em up as you go?

Also “Apathy” is great to hear someone cover; I always liked that one.

–SKot