TOOL

http://www.spin.com/articles/primus-tool-aenema-cover-danny-carey-video/

This will be a mind numbing stint in bad assery or the worst shit ever.

I saw the video clip of Primustool playing “Aenema.” Not bad, but the sonic quality was poor, so it mostly sounded like a crowd of people who have no talent chanting “Aenema” over the usual drums. Whatever…

http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/tool-tease-that-theyre-pretty-far-along-in-making-their-new-album

Um. the last Tool record was really lame, why is anyone even that gung-ho on hearing another one? they have evolved. for better or worse.

I really liked 10,000 Days, although I do admit it had “continuity” problems. I was especially taken with the riff-tastic 11 minute slogfest that was Rosetta Stoned. I never got why that particular song received so much flak from diehards when it’s easily amongst some of the best material the band ever released.

Anyway, whatever. I’m really hanging out for this. Hope it doesn’t take too much longer.

Um, why is anyone even that gung-ho on hearing another one? they have evolved. for better or worse.

Um…hate to break this to ya so I’ll break it gently.

Tool. Millions of fans. Eight years between albums.

Why is anyone gung ho about hearing a new album from this band?!?!

Do the math.

I was especially taken with the riff-tastic 11 minute slogfest that was Rosetta Stoned. I never got why that particular song received so much flak from diehards when it’s easily amongst some of the best material the band ever released.

Best song on the whole album! Any fan I’ve talked to would say the same thing.

[image]https://i.imgur.com/xNmsorv.jpg[/image]

TOOL

And all that goes with it.

But it’s good to see these guys finally putting some runs on the board.

Eight years is just too fucking long.

[:(]

never cared for anything after Ænima

great musicians yes
but i believe they should all branch out
kinda like what Maynard does

Paul D’Amour (under appreciated )
Lusk and Feersum Ennjin
are tops and should be admired more than
post Paul Tool…

Awesome. This person really went the whole hog for Halloween:

[image]http://207.7.138.58/images/news/greymatter.jpg[/image]

!!

How about an update from Maynard via FB:

I’ve been making regular trips to LA to check on the writing progress of my Tool brethren. Things are progressing nicely. Slowly, but definitely progressing. Nothing is recorded yet, but the guys are confident that the pieces are coming together swimmingly and will be ready for me to begin writing melodies and content ‘soon’. I’m as anxious to get this album completed as everyone else. But as history will show, you can’t rush these gents. Patience is Gold in this Sound Mine. In the meantime, as always, other things are simultaneously occurring. Life is too short not to create something with every breath we draw.

In short: They haven’t recorded a thing for the new album.

never cared for anything after Ænima

great musicians yes
but i believe they should all branch out
kinda like what Maynard does

Paul D’Amour (under appreciated )
Lusk and Feersum Ennjin
are tops and should be admired more than
post Paul Tool…

Maybe they are not good musicians and that’s why it takes so long between albums. :stuck_out_tongue:

In short: They haven’t recorded a thing for the new album.

That is hilarious, how long have their fans been anticipating this album for now? It kinda seems like they don’t give a shit about the fans and are just stringing them along with empty promises. Either that or they have all suffered amnesia and are trying to re-learn their instruments and how to write songs in the style of Tool.

it’ll be worth the wait.
i’m glad they’re taking their time, rather than releasing one rushed remix album after another on some shitty label.
take all the time you need, fellas…

Awesome. This person really went the whole hog for Halloween:

[image]http://207.7.138.58/images/news/greymatter.jpg[/image]

!!

That’s a photo of an actual PERSON? I thought it was a painting! Holy crap. A+.

WOW I CAN’T BELIEVE SHE GOT RID OF ALL HER SKINZ LELELELELEL

That person should stand outside Tool’s rehearsal space every day and remind them that they are hugely beloved band whose devoted fans are owed a new release. Personally i don’t care about Tool, but i realise there’s a very large number of people who have been very very patient for a very long time and are owed more than “Yeah, we might be starting to record some demos at some point”. So it seems they haven’t done anything in the studio since 2007, what’s going on there? Are they just taking the piss or what?

Resurrect a dead thread!

Anyway. . .

Saw somebody post this on FB and I laughed my ass off. Thought some of you would enjoy it.

Can’t wait for the new Tool album so I can be cornered at a party by 6 guys with Alex Grey tattoos and InfoWars T shirts while they tell me all about how the new song LSD Made Me Smart is based around the pythagorean theorem and a sequence of numbers that Bill Hicks once used to win $80 in the lotto, and how they heard on Joe Rogan that if you get the special edition it comes with a cd-rom that has 7 hours footage of Maynard playing Intelligent Cube on playstation 1 and drinking shiraz

The new Tool album is going to suck. Period. And the reason it’s going to suck is because nothing – NOTHING – can possibly live up to the demand the band has generated. It’s going to be just like “The Phantom Menace.”

And my guess is it’s going to be loaded with filler, like “Lipan Conjuring” and “Cesaro Summability.”