Today's "Punk Rock"

I was on reddit today and there was a post about "punk" band Trophy Eyes. Just for fun, I listened to the band to see what is considered "punk rock" in 2023.

Videos:

Give me a fucking break, they’re POP.

They also suck. Bad.

I couldn’t get through that…I tapped out quickly

1 Like

Yeah, me too. Just gross.

1 Like

Not for me. Blink 182 ish…

Please. These guys make Blink 182 sound like Napalm Death.

3 Likes

Hahaha I was gonna say…I would prefer to listen to Blink 182 and I can’t fucking stand Blink-182…

1 Like

Ha Ha, yeah I like the blink singles but that’s about it for me, I don’t think i can or have ever made it through a whole album in a sitting. but yeah “Blink 182 ish…” is very disparaging to a band I really don’t hold in high regard

That’s pretty egregious and they sound like one of those generic 00s British bands. But I can top that. I’ve seen people refer to one of Billie Eilish’s songs as punk rock lol.

What the fuck happened to music?

I understand we’ve always had shit even back in the 80s and 90s but the highs were a lot higher and you didn’t have to sift through endless hours of dogshit just to hear one decent song. I’m sure there’s decent stuff out there but it’s hidden under 10 tons of nerdy ass micro niche labels on the internet. Why would anyone willingly obscure themselves like that?