TKK Demos

Who has any? I’ve seen the Good Spirits/Bad Spirits demos on here before but I can’t find the thread. I’m willing to trade something for them or any other demos. Confessions Of A Knife would be nice as well.

The Good Spirits/Bad Spirits demos are pretty common on file sharing sites. Trouble is that the most common version in circulation is the version someone ripped and put on Napster at 96k or so back in 99. They sound like crap and are usually re-ripped at higher bitrates - larger file sizes with no improvement in quality.

I have a pretty good rip from a low-gen cassette. I can hook you up, but I’ve been pretty busy lately, so if someone else on here has them, you’d probably do better there than waiting on me. Here’s the info for it, if that helps: http://www.darkstatic.com/~bisquitodoom/Bootlegs/My%20Life%20With%20The%20Thrill%20Kill%20Kult%201987%20TKK%20Demos.htm

Green Darkness and 9 Lives Are Not Enough are both decent demo/live collections. GD is mostly Wax Trax era. 9 Lives is mostly later. Both were fan club releases and should be findable out there.

You should also probably seek out Groovie 13. It’s a very limited fanclub release. No actual TKK demos on there, but lots of good demos of Groovy with other groups.

I’d really like to get in on this if possible. I have my own site with good bandwidth where the files can be put up if that helps at all.

I’ll go ahead and wait for you to upload it. I’m not in a hurry. I’d just like to get the demos before I see them in september.

I sent a message to some contacts over at TKK asking if they could put up copies of the fan club releases (Green Darkness Vol. 1, 9 Lives Are Not Enough, etc.) and got a reply back that they would look around and see if they have a good copy of these releases to put up for download at the store.

Hey Bisquitodoom, if they can’t find anything, would you be willing to send them what you have?

I’ll update the thread when I get more information.

Bitchin! Been listening to them again since purchasing the turntable.

Yeah, I’d send them what I have. I hook up musicians with stuff of theirs any time they ask. I have a great copy of the demos, a CS of Green Darkness, but i only have a bad rip of 9 Lives.

Awesome, thanks. I’ll let them know in case they can’t track anything good down.

http://darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com/2015/02/re-upload-my-life-with-thrill-kill-kult.html

what is this? i just downloaded the RAR but haven’t listened to it.

Update. Groovie has the masters somewhere but they’ve been busy with getting the next tour together which ends in mid-November. They also might want to do a little re-mastering before putting them up on the sleazebox site.