Skinny Puppy Tour

I tried to buy tickets for the Portland show. The presale code didn’t work. And the tickets were “sold out” before they went on sale. I was in line from 9:30, the SECOND they started the line for the 10am sale time. It counted down for 30 minutes and then immediately switched to Sold Out at 10:00 and 0 fucking seconds. No humans would have been able to click through the purchase process in 0 fucking seconds.

Same story from other people I know here in Portland. All tickets “sold” to bots (actually live nation/ticket master “selling” to itself because they own the reselling sites too). The reselling sites had tickets immediately for many times the retail price. It’s such bullshit. And it’s ONLY because they announced that this is their last tour. Skinny Puppy never sell out this fast here. It’s not like there are suddenly thousands more fans here with supernaturally fast clicking fingers.

It’s disgusting

4 Likes

Tickets for Boston are now on StubHub for $1 :joy:

I managed to get one for NYC for the rough equivalent of its original face value (w/o fees), naturally grateful but what a clusterfuck

Got my ticket for Sunday night NYC.

Hope it happens. They canceled in Pittsburgh. Ogre bonked himself in the noggin at the previous date (Asheville?) and may have had a concussion. They’re on for Philly tonight, tho, so fingers crossed. Would be a shame if their last tour was just a huge clusterfuck (remember, they already had to cancel a date in Florida because of the torrential rain there)…

Don’t remind me… very bummed about that show cancellation…that rain did some damage down here…

Ogre hurt his tooth so they had an abbreviated encore, but Puppy in Minneapolis was a lot of fun. The stage show was over the top and greatly enjoyable. Though it feels a little sci-fi LARP-y at times - I think that’s a bit of the appeal these days and imagining the physicality of what Ogre is doing during his performance as a 60-year old man is crazy. Even if the band got along I feel they’d have to call it quits on touring just for his health.

Great set list and while I got separated from my friends during Puppy I had a great time dancing with a friendly goth girl and went crazy in the pit when it happened during the encore.

3 Likes

Additional dates added. Amongst others, Chicago, Vancouver and two final shows in Los Angeles. Lead Into Gold opening.

I was able to get tickets pretty easily, no scalper bots!

Who buys tickets? Can’t say i have since 1990…absolutely love my job!

Final Skinny Puppy show tonight.

I think they’ll eventually tour again. i don’t necessarily think they believe they will tour again. it won’t be anytime soon, but they will tour again.

I doubt it.

I just don’t think cEvin and Ogre get along well at all anymore and they’re old enough (and let’s be honest there’s not the money in Puppy touring that there is in the Stones) that I just don’t see another tour happening. I could imagine them doing festival shows here and there.

1 Like

I’m happy for their retirement, they’ve earned it.

Weapon feels like a good “full circle” album, and the perfect closing album.

I’m sure we’ll see more vault and Back and Forth style releases, what are we on now, volume 10?

2 Likes

I felt the same way about Weapon.

No, I was at the last show and it felt pretty final. The way they were talking at the meet & greet, I think it’s done.

4 Likes

Was the meet and greet emotional?

Unrelated to the concert info, but the first track off the second (wtf) Cyberaktif album dropped and if you dig both cEv and FLA, it’s really fucking good. As straight ahead EBM as I’ve ever heard from cEv, but with his flourishes giving it a textural and melodic depth that Rhys doesn’t always hit on his own.

edited to add: I agree that Weapon was a full circle closer for the band. My only issue with it was that it was the first of the new era Puppy albums that I whole heartedly enjoyed and I wouldn’t have minded more in that vein before the end.

Weapon is solid…