Severance on Apple +

Damn, if you guys haven’t watched this yet, you are missing out!
Smartest story I’ve seen in a long time.
Basically people have their brain partitioned between “work brain” (innies)and “not work brain” (outties) and they don’t know each other, they know about each other “not work brain” knows they signed up for the procedure but they don’t know anything about the other. Basically, they leave work and return right back to work, and then, flipside, the other one shows up for work but then leave work immediately (as far as they know because the one half blacks out while the other is awake)
Damn, it’s a fucked up dystopia the melds religion and corporation and it’s nothing short of brilliant.
Check it out. If that’s your thing. Anybody into Twilight Zone should dig this easily.

2 Likes

Wonderful show. Was watching it week to week and am so anxious for Season 2 (which has no launch date yet). That cliffhanger hit hard!

Yeah, it’s a great show. I joked that is was impressive how closely they were able to simulate the experience of working at Amazon. Haha.

@the_green_death It’s going to be a while. They had just started writing when the strike happened.

1 Like

Ive just finished my 2nd run it it.
I think this show mirrors any corporate bullshit. Ive had my share of jobs with pep videos and generic motivational speeches.
I thought dan Erickson has already written the whole thing so what else is there to write? Or is it just a matter of turning it into a screenplay?
That was one of my questions cause I’d heard we probably wouldn’t get season 2 until 2024 because of the strike…
So much shit to consider in this show

1 Like

Ok, sorry, just looked it up and they were in production. They are shut down now though.

I must’ve confused it with the Yellowjackets status.

2 Likes

As in “shutdown,” show cancelled or “shut down,” for the strike?

Got shut down a few days into the strike. Will resume once resolved.

1 Like

I was reading that SAG was about to strike as well. I didn’t read if it was out of solidarity or if they had their own issues though.

Separate issue. All the guild’s contracts are all up around the same time. The DGA already settled theirs.

1 Like