Rey Washam Interview

i don’t know if anyone posted this yet but, i stumbled across this interview.

[b][i]What was the last record that came out that you played on?

It was probably the last Ministry record, Houses of the Mole, which is the worst title in the world.

Yeah, that’s a bad title.

Yeah. It’s a bad record, I think.

I can see why you would think that. I enjoy it because it’s kind of just stripped-down and fast and basic, but I can see other people not liking it.

Yeah. That was a tough record to do, That whole thing was just a bad scene for me. Yeah, I think that was probably the last record.

Did anything happen with Marz?

I don’t know. I don’t know what happened to that guy. He wanted to go off and be like Insane Clown Posse and fired everybody, and I haven’t talked to him since then.

So what was Al Jourgensen like to work with? Was he as unpleasant as people have made him out to be?

Mark, I’m not going to talk shit about people.

Oh, okay.

So I can’t really say anything about him.

What were the good things about working with Al Jourgensen?

(silence)

Let’s move along. What about Rick Sims?[/i][/b]

http://www.markprindle.com/washam-i.htm

go see scratch acid, give rey a pay day.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Love that dude . . . .

[b][i]So what was Al Jourgensen like to work with? Was he as unpleasant as people have made him out to be?

Mark, I’m not going to talk shit about people.

Oh, okay.

So I can’t really say anything about him.

What were the good things about working with Al Jourgensen?

(silence) [/b][/i]

go see scratch acid, give rey a pay day.

Aha! Somebody else is excited about this! Got my tickets already.

Although, I would say: “Go see Scratch Acid for yourself, because they are badass!”

Anyone else out there going to see Scratch Acid?

I remember reading this interview back when Rey had a myspace page and was looking for a new band situation. He deleted the page after announcing that he was going to take time off and do the whole dad thing for a while. He had a couple of cool songs on his profile. One was (if I remember correctly) an instrumental version of prune tang, just to prove that he had played on that material but got no credit. And he had a Euripides Pants tune on there, which was fun. Too bad that stuff never came out.

I also remember him talking about the writing process in that interview, which touches on the discussion in the other thread about how much credit Al claims. He said that Houses was essentially written as a band jamming together and that Al’s claim to have written 100% of that record was pure BS. He said something along the lines of: Al is good at picking good musicians and then picking and arranging the stuff they write. In that sense he gave Al credit as the person who shaped the music (by picking riffs and ideas that the band presented to him), but he also drew attention to the fact that a lot of the actual writing of music was done by others.

I actually thought this was a pretty good interview. Much more interesting than some of the more professional music press type interviews.

This interview was conducted six years ago and you are just now posting it? Try to keep up [crazy]