Pauls back ! Pauls back

Firstie. Firstie!!!yahhhh!!

Is “hopium” going to be the last album, or is there another one in the works? I couldn’t find the time for that live interview thingy… But from what (little) I could gather from comments, Paul is going to appear on the final album, yes?

Edit 3: I read the summary on Blabbermouth. So a new final album after “hopium” and a re-recording/re-imagining of “With Sympathy”.

Only time will tell… wish he’d actually deliver that LARD album and an “outtake” album of all the funny stuff that’s bound to exist - but he probably won’t (because of the point following below)

Funny how he will put Ministry to an end to escape doing “what’s expected” when all the O.G. fans is clinging to the hope that the next Ministry album or the one after will actually do what they liked about Ministry in the first place : To do the unexpected!

Here’s an actual link.

How many “last” albums has Ministry put out now?

1 Like

Considering he was going to retire from Ministry before they even made it big, it’s hard to say how many final albums it’s been, haha.

My favourite final album was “From Beer To Eternity”.
I know not too many people agree with me on this, but in my ears that was Ministry the way I wanted it - a few “safe” numbers, and a fair bit of unpredictability. The glitch-o-rama of Side FX, the gospel vocals on Another Lesson Unlearned, the ultra-fat more-dub-than-dub Thanx But No Thanx, the awesome here’s-our-final-songness of Change Of Luck … I could go on and on about FBTE. The only tracks I don’t care much for are Perfect Storm and PermaWar - the two most predictable songs on the album. And just as Sammy D. was starting to overcome his ugly drum machine syndrome and was becoming a vital component to the Ministry sound !! Such a shame Al had to sell him and his studio in the divorce agreement, or whatever the hell happened there. At least we (I) also got the Surgical Meth Machine album before the Al/Sammy union ended. I liked SMM a lot too. It felt way more punk and dangerous than a lot of Ministry albums from the 00’s.

Edit: FBTE ought to have had the track Cat’s In The Microwave included - it sounded like it was going to be both funny and heavy judging from the snippets in the “The Making Of The Album” videos - but case in point - it was probably not fitting in with “what Ministry should be” and therefore omitted. What a shame!

I would certainly be interested, but I’m going to file this under Shit Al Jourgensen Says.

4 Likes

Reimagining With Sympathy with Paul’s input and Al’s love of metal would probably be pretty bad ass.

Doubtful. The lyrics would still be the same.

yeah but they would/could rerecord them bury them in the mix, give the whole album a completely different vibe.

lol what…

Let’s hope we get some tasty shit like these times!!!

1 Like