Paul Barker on Tour

Snapped this at his Merch booth in NY - great set!

6 Likes

I wonder what he thinks of his ex-wife’s soon to be released memoir.

2 Likes

Damn 50 dollar shirts?

I think that’s a hoodie…

Yeah looks like hoodies are $50 and shirts are $30…or at least it looks like that 2nd shirt from the left says $30…

@grmpysmrf You going to see Lead Into Gold when the play here in Sept?

I don’t know. i haven’t really been keeping up with any kind of tour dates lately. Last i heard lead into gold was playing a festival and it was limited dates and cali was no where near it (if thats even the right artist/tour I’m remembering.) if its a normal concert on a reasonable night i would probably want to make that

They’re playing Cold Waves LA at the Mayan Theater downtown. Which is a festival, but it’s not some big venue. Basically, they are opening for Front Line Assembly. Sept 28, which is a Thursday.

I saw them open for Puppy two nights back and it was an amazing show! I haven’t spent a lot of time with the new material but it sounds so good live. I’d say it was probably the only industrial show I’ve seen since How To Destroy Angels that I loved where nostalgia didn’t play any part for my love of the show (in fact Faster Than Light was by far my least favorite live track).

Mind you, I love giant droning electronic dirges, live bass and funeral drums - so your mileage may vary.

I agree completely. The sound, the performance - everything was on point. How did you like Puppy?

2 Likes

I thought Puppy was much better than last time I saw them (off Weapon tour), had a fun (albeit slightly goofy) stage show, a great nostalgic set list and I got genuinely sad I’ll likely be out of the country by the time the last leg of the tour hits CA and this is probably the last time I’ll see them. Seeing them off Tour Dark Park was one of the defining concerts of my early years.

But, from a sonic perspective and an innovation perspective Lead Into Gold blew them away.

What were your thoughts?