Neubauten, anyone?

Apparently the new album “Alles Wieder Offen” leaked about a week or so. Album comes out 10/23 (next month). I got it earlier, liking a lot more than the last album, which was some good stuff. More string arrangements on this one. Any neubauten fans here? Or better yet. Has anyone else heard this yet?

It’s a great album. I like it!!!

Yeah ‘Strategies Against Architecture vol.1’ rocks. Also ‘Drawings of Patient O.T.’ Not so into their later stuff.

I’m probably more of a fan of Halber Mensch and Haus der Luge more than anything else in their catalogue. Although, Ende Neu and Tabula Rasa are great albums also. So I can’t really say there’s a neubauten album I dislike. I’ve never heard any of the strategies’. I think I have the first one somewhere, but just not sure where. I downloaded it, burned it, and somehow forgot about it. I’d much rather hear some live stuff (which i’m yet to hear). I may get their brussels 2000 album.

Have only heard a few Neubauten tracks, Sabrina and… um, some other ones… lol… Really good from memory… I used to see Sabrina (I think thats what its called, video with a guy with a minotaur or something mask in a bathroom putting on lipstick) on Rage all the time back when it was released.

Another band I haven’t gotten into despite hearing songs that I like… are they consistently good, or only some good stuff?? I remember reading they used real power tools for percussion on some early albums…would be interested in hearing that.

Earlier neubauten did some crazy things; jackhammers and breaking glass. They still make a little noise, but it’s nothing compared to the early 80s. Albums like Kollaps and O.T. are insane and very noisey. I like them though. They didn’t really start structuring their songs until halber mensch. The more melodic stuff though, began with Tabula Rasa. I like the soft stuff though. A little pretentious-like at times, but it’s very good background music. But imo, I would say everything is depending on your mood.

That shit was fucking rad.
I wish I’d witnessed a live performance back in the day.
Mofos screaming in anguish as they bang on pipes and use angle grinders and such . . . sparks and glass flying to and fro. I remember I got into Ministry around 1990 or so and that was what got me venturing into “Industrial”. It was, of course, such a vague and wide-engulfing genre title and, much like punk or metal, led to a lot of asking “is THIS Industrial?” Well, Neubauten left no room for argument, in my mind, haha. They’re using fucking power tools and destroying shit on a construction site. I think we can at least call THAT industrial.

1 Like

I liked them in my early 20’s. My friend had an older ‘cooler’ brother that was into industrial in the mid 90’s and he turned me on to a lot of good shit. This was about 10 - 12 years ago. I bought Tabula Rasa and Strategies Against Architecture II compilation based off his recommendations. It really opened up my musical horizons.

As I moved into my 30’s (I’m 37 now) my tastes reverted back to what I liked as a teenager (mostly hard rock, heavy metal and thrash metal) so I kind of gave up on them. I should revisit this stuff again because I have a lot of fond memories.

Personally I prefer guitar and synth based industrial like Front 242, The Young Gods and Nine Inch Nails.