Misfits/Samhain/Danzig

Wasn’t Danzig the guy who got his ass handed to him backstage (in one punch I believe…) and
then had it posted all over the net?

yes, by the dude from North Side Kings (NSK) a big old hairy assed gorilla that makes Danzig look like a little stick boy.
As previously stated Danzig had it coming for a long time it’s just a shame it was that guy that did it and as I said before kinda sucks that your worst moment is on the web for all to see.
Late,
grmpysmrf

I gotta give JLW some sort of credibility for his post. As much as I enjoy Danzig, the guy is 55 years old still singing about demons like he’s a castigated high school geek. How much longer can he keep the D&D subject matter going before it gets ridiculously bad…?

It’s more the presentation than the lyrics, which also are awful. He’s a brooding, boring manlet who is way too serious about the stuff he’s singing about. Alice Cooper still does this, but at least knows it’s goofy (though I feel he should drop the makeup, it’s gross when you have wrinkles). Danzig should do the same, but, alas…he’s got too much money…

He certainly does seem convinced of his own apparent ‘awesomeness’.

I had to chuckle about this.

I imagined Glenn strolling down the ol’ boulevard with a t-shirt that read: I’M AWESOME!

In retrospect even that chewed up, slobbered on slipper is a hell of a lot more appealing right now than the new Danzig album - which I would put right up there with Sexx-o Olympic-o and a week old bucket of KFC original recipe chicken.

How dare you equate KFC with Sex-o Olympic-o.

KFC happen to make quality chicken, I’ll have you know.

That guy really has taken the express route down the ol’ slippery dip that is the downward spiral.

Yeah, but I’ll bet he got laid a hell of a lot on the way down.

And yes, he has turned into a parody. And yes, takes himself and his ‘art’ way too seriously. All that Neanderthal chest beating and lyrics that read like a Spawn comic book…

Hey, a lot of us here LIKE Sex-O Olympic-O.
Please switch to using either Got Cock or Cover Up as a Ministry-related measure of awfulness.

Or Dark Side Of The Spoon…

(it’s been a while…)

Please switch to using either Got Cock or Cover Up as a Ministry-related measure of awfulness.

No.

I’d like to go up to Glenn one day, hold my palm up real high and say “You’re awesome Glenn. High five, high five lil’ buddy”.

And then giggle while watching him jump up to try and reach my palm to slap it (I’m 6ft2").

He’d probably just slap your sack! I mean I’m sure he’s eye level to a crotch!
Late,
grmpysmrf

He wears platforms on stage.

He wears platforms on stage.

I never noticed. Any pics?
Late,
grmpysmrf

I’d like to go up to Glenn one day, hold my palm up real high and say “You’re awesome Glenn. High five, high five lil’ buddy”.

And then giggle while watching him jump up to try and reach my palm to slap it (I’m 6ft2").

Ha ha! I would do the same, but to Prince. And to you too, whippersnapper!

(I’m 6’4’’).

[reply]He wears platforms on stage.

I never noticed. Any pics?
Late,
grmpysmrf[/reply]

I’m sure there are pics of his feet out there somewhere. He had them on during both shows I have attended.

I’ll just leave this here:

http://microcosmpublishing.com/catalog/zines/3174/

LOL
awesome!
Late,
grmpysmrf

I went to one of the first - in fact I think it was the third or fourth - ever Danzig gigs back in '87 when I was living in the states.

I think I’ve posted this before. Got to meet the band after. I remember asking Eerie Von if he thought this new Danzig project was going to go anywhere. He seemed kinda nervous but admitted that ‘Glenn’s track record so far is pretty good so…yeah why not’.

SAMHAIN TONIGHT!!!

If anyone’s going, look for me and give me a shout.
I’ll be raising Hell down on the floor.
I’m the tall guy that looks like me.

See ya!

Samhain are awesome.

[:|]

Already in line homie!

So, how was the show? I saw Carcass here in Belfast last night, i’m not a fan but it was pretty excellent.

It was a great time. I’ll add some more notes later but I’m a battered stinking mess right now.

Excellent, i’d love to have seen them.