Ministry playing all ’80s/early-’90s sets on Wax Trax! film tour w/Cold Cave

I think Julia already confirmed that Barker won’t be part of Ministry during these shows. They’ve recently played cuts from Land of Rape and Honey (including the title track), so I would expect those, some of the older tracks they’ve already been playing, and probably some rendition of Halloween.

1 Like

So, I guess I’ve come to terms with this. . .

I spoke to the people at Amoeba, and they confirmed that RSD does get pretty crazy there. Camp out overnight, etc.

Fuck that. I’m 40-fucking-3 years old, I’m not sleeping on concrete.

I will get up early and head over there to stand in line. Hopefully that works. If it doesn’t, then whatever. I’ll try to figure something else out.

Good luck everybody.

1 Like

I’m 48, about to drive 3 hours to Chicago to sit outside a record store all night, and am questioning my sanity. I have the Cash Grab box set on pre-order so that’s making all of this seem even crazier. I’ve been trying to talk myself out of this all afternoon but feel like I should make an effort since I’m within driving distance.

1 Like

My guess:

1. Tonight We Murder
  2. We Believe
  3. The Missing
  4. Deity
  5. Supernaut
  6. Attack Ships on Fire
  7. Stigmata
  8. Thieves
  9. So What
  10. I’ll Do Anything For You
  11. The LoRaH
  12. Everyday is Halloween :jack_o_lantern:
  13. I’m Falling

In line since 8 am at Reckless Belmont in Chicago with little hope of any tix left. Girlfriend was already at the other Reckess downtown and within minutes after the door opened at 10 am they were all gone there.

I hate Record Store Day.

—SKot

Well I’ll be beshitted. They still had one left. Looks like I will be at the Chicago show for sure.

—SKot

1 Like

Hey -

So I now have two VIP tickets to the Chicago show, and I only need to use one. If someone in Chicago wants to go, and you can catch me here before I move the ticket on, you can have it for about half the price of the record - 15 bucks (Prongs price).

PM me if you’re interested.

–SKot

1 Like

RE: SKOT

that’s some straight up hardcore prongs shit right there. respect.

I’ll be there too, man. We should meet up, say hi etc.

Anyone in Austin lucky to get it. I had my niece go since she lives there. 1 store had 20 and sold out. The other store had 100 and sold out.
I got Ga tickets on line.
I guess since VIP gets you into the screening they could not sale a bunch.

Afra - we definitely should meet up. I’ll be wearing my original Acid Horse t-shirt; probably not too many of those around. I’ll be there for the film and discussion as well.

—SKot

Up at 5:00 am, in line by 6:00 am. Wait in line 4 fucking hours just to be told it’s sold out before I even got close to the counter. What a waste of fucking time.

Fuck Record Store Day.

I got the GA tix, but was pretty bummed it doesn’t include the screening and Q&A. I’ve seen the film, but I was curious who else other than Al would be on the panel and wanted to see all that.

Chicago Setlist:

The Missing
Deity
Stigmata
Jesus Built My Hotrod
Just One Fix
NWO
Thieves
Burning Inside w/ Chris Connelly
So What w/ Chris Connelly
No Devotion w/ Chris Connelly
Supernaut
The Land Of Rape And Honey
Everyday is Halloween (acoustic) w/ Chris Connelly

3 Likes

Nice set, about what I expected. Burning Inside, Supernaut and No Devotion are all nice additions, they haven’t played those in years.

1 Like

Set list looks good.
Never seen burning inside live.
1 week away

Awesome! So does Connelly sing lead vocals on Burning Inside?

Thanks for sharing Afra.

A few videos are popping up, I’m watching burning inside now…

About how many people were there?
And did al stick around after the show?

I pretty much nailed the set list