Ministry playing all ’80s/early-’90s sets on Wax Trax! film tour w/Cold Cave

They said they will release a list of participating record stores.

But I will just have to deal with Amoeba.

I haven’t been to RSD in like 8 years specifically because of the lines. the line to get in the store is one thing but then there’s a stupid line to check out too, not worth 4 hours of lines… and to top it off there hasn’t been anything worth buying let alone standing in line to buy.

as far as Al’s set list goes I’m thinking it’s going to be his standard encore
Just 1 Fix
NWO
So What
Theives
Encore 1
Stigmata
Diety
The missing
Encore 2
Everyday

RSD is the biggest bullshit money-sucking scam since college textbooks. Wait on line, fight with a huge crowd, find a few decent things the vultures haven’t picked clean, sell 'em on eBay. RSD is one of the reasons I’m glad I never bought a turntable.

HAHAHAHA!!! Well, sounds like most of my homies are as jaded as I am.
If anyone ends up with an extra ticket, hit me up, I’m happy to buy the damn thing.
But I ain’t into this Trust-Fund Thunderdome bullshit. I’ll just make peace with the fact that I might not go to this one. Or maybe I’ll just go the day of the show and see if I get in or not. If nothing else I can just find a bar and work on my profanity.

The one and only time I went to RSD was to get the Trax! Box. I’m going to take my chances with a regular ticket. Driving to Austin from Dallas, so I’ll do what I have to do to get in. Fuck a colostomy bag, whatever it takes!

Thinking about posing as a pizza delivery guy. I’ll bring a few fresh pies to the venue and tell them I have a delivery for a Mr Al Jourgensen. Who doesn’t like free pizza? :sweat_smile:

That’s the one and only time I went to RSD. And I got fucked. Sideways. Didn’t get it until months later, when I bought a new copy off a re-seller on discogs.com. Worth the wait, though.

I’m thinking about dealing with the rsd bull crap in San Francisco (even though I despise going in to the city). Still on the fence, I don’t really need or want the record since I already ordered the cash grab box. But if the set list is truly full of wax tax era songs and I’m not there I’ll really be kicking myself. Haha. Decisions.

And here are all the full details:

Thanks!! I may have to check out Permanent Records near Eagle Rock. Maybe not as crazy as Amoeba?

I wonder if the “Here We Go” headline was a hint…

IIRC, Here We Go is Al’s favorite off that record, and it might make for a cool metal version of the track, here’s hoping…

Chris Connelly will be performing at the Chicago, Brooklyn, and Toronto shows.

That’s good news about Chris!

If someone wants to get me a tix for the Brooklyn show…that would be great. :slight_smile:

I can’t do RSD myself but would cover costs for someone who could for a pair of tickets to the Toronto show.
As an aside, I’ve had a cassette bootleg of the Toronto “Mind” 1990 show from the original taper since…well, since then…does anyone have a link to a digital version? Thanks.

Having Chris on board could make the set list more interesting, aside from his assisting on So What. For once, I’d really like to hear him sing the bridge on “The Missing” instead of Al. He can also do a few Cocks tunes (Stainless Steel Providers and Do Ya Think I’m Sexy would be realistic choices), and if they really wanted to get the fans talking about this ‘Wax Trax’ set, throw in a PTP or Acid Horse song (yeah, never gonna happen).

Looking forward to a review from anyone who attends the Chicago event this Saturday (4/13). Also would like to confirm if this is the correct the order and timing of events:

1. Industrial Accident screening
  2. Panel discussion
  3. Cold Cave performance
  4. Ministry performance

Well how the hell as everyone been. It has been a long time since I have been on here. I use to go by alienstardog on the this site and the Piss Army site. Yea its been that long.
I will be in Austin for the show. Taking my 15 year old to see Ministry indoors. Last time was outside at the Houston Open Air Fest. Hoping to hear some Pailhead on this tour.

With all of this being so hush hush, does anybody else expect Barker to perform with the band? I know they announced Connelly, but I have not seen anyone like Sin, Campos or Al posting on the rehearsals for the show. This might be fueling the suspicion on my part.

It’s the same line up as the last tour. And Sin did post about rehearsals the other day.