Ministry Discourse app?

So, prongs has an app now? What’s this all about?

Where are you seeing this?

in the bookmark bar. Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 3.19.34 PM

Where is this? In the browser…don’t see a bookmark bar.

It’s in the address bar. You can see the first icon that’s like a video screen with a down arrow and then if I hover my mouse over it it says “install Ministry Discourse” over my bookmark links.
if I click it a dialogue box come up asking me to install it.Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 7.47.33 PM

I’m not seeing that on either of my machines. Mac/Safari & Droid/Chrome.

Does this app come in colors? I’ve only seen it in white.

I’m on a mac using chrome

My phone has been prompting that for awhile now…been ignoring it for about the same amount of time.

1 Like

It has sand fless…

It seems to be a Chrome plugin for the discourse message board. The ministry message board is a prebuilt web application by discourse.

Discourse Home site: https://meta.discourse.org

Direct link to the Chrome plugin:

So does that mean the browser would give us notifications that someone posted?

i believe it means that it will let you know when someone replies to you, likes your post or sends you a message. Same notifications the message board shows you when you login.

1 Like

I don’t even know what it is.

Btw, tonight… massively upgraded the software behind this forum. Hopefully nothing odd. Please let me know if you do come across something odd. Thank you.

3 Likes

So now my phone is prompting me to download the app and will no longer log in through Chrome. It says my username, email or password is incorrect even though I haven’t changed anything lately. Strange.

I stopped using Chrome a couple years ago. I use Firefox now and don’t get any of this app nonsense.

1 Like

Let me see if I can disable this stuff…sorry about this. We didn’t update anything. Certainly not forcing people to download an app.

1 Like

Thanks Afra!

I’m not 100% sure, but it could be a Google Chrome thing. For example, maybe he’s logged into google chrome on his desktop and trhe plugin is being used on his desktop, but not on his mobile phone. I bet if acid_cripple deleted the plugin from chrome, he won’t be prompted to use it on his mobile.

Or I could be completely wrong and I have no idea what i’m talking about. :slight_smile:

I don’t use Chrome on my laptop. Only on my Android phone. One day it just logged me out and now I can’t log in.