Ministry 4/20 concert, new song live debut

Goddamn White Trash

1 Like

Absolutely fucking awful. I couldn’t even make it halfway through.

Eh. . .just kind of generic like that last album. I’ll reserve full judgement until I hear the album version.

Between Ministry/Lead into Gold & Skinny Puppy setlists, SP has the best. I’m glad I’m not seeing any of these old farts in 2023.

Ill check it out later

Not bad! That horrible live mix doesn’t do the track full justice, but I get the picture. Nothing out of the ordinary, but worth my money at least. “Hopium for the masses” may be one of their lamest album titles yet, though.

This one sounds a little bit better and I find it very groovy… just want to hear the studio version.
Happy to hear that at nearly 65 you can still be around like this…

1 Like

Sounds like a redneck tune.

The intro after the sample sounded like he was about to start singing “LIESLIESLIES…”

Speaking of another live song debut…“Ricky’s Hand” has been played at least once so far, the first time since 1986.

Fingers crossed that it appears on the forthcoming album. Much like how The Light Pours Out Of Me appeared on a studio album after a couple tours of playing it live.

2 Likes

The sound is not really the best one but… hope it appears in the next album.

3 Likes

Not clicking…sorry.

I like it OK musically. Reminds me of JBMHR. It falls off quickly when Al starts singing - dude needs to find a new Chris Connelly to help with lyrics and vocals.

I actually don’t mind the song. The lyrics are obviously a reference to the idiots that took the bait and stormed the capital. The title is dumb, but with the context it isn’t that bad. Ricky’s Hand is fantastic. Really hope that makes it to the album.

1 Like

“Ricky’s Hand” would be a great Record Store Day release. :sunglasses:

Better audio for Ricky’s Hand, from the Atlanta Show. Al introduces it as a track from the upcoming album! :slight_smile: Apart from some guitar, this is pretty much how it was played in 84/86, very cool.

5 Likes

Al also said paisley would be on filth pig… but nope

Went to the show in Fort Wayne last night, Clyde Theatre is a small venue but man that was fun. Front Line Assembly then Gary Numan are awesome! Ministry’s set list was about evenly split from Moral Hygiene then older material, I was happy to see some of the newer songs like Believe Me - they had 2 other guitarists a guy and girl come out to help with that song, I don’t think they were playing that song touring last year. THANKS MINISTRY!

1 Like

Show in Milwaukee was great. Dunno if they did this at other shows–the videos seem to indicate not–but Gary Numan came out at the encore to sing “Ricky’s Hand”. It was pretty cool.

4 Likes