Ministry 1983 - First Avenue Show Video

It appears that a much better (perhaps first generation) copy of the Minneapolis 1983 show at First Avenue and 7th Street Entry (the same club featured in Prince’s Purple Rain motion picture) has been posted to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHJZLbBeWK4

It was featured recently on the Vintage Video segment of the Slicing Up Eyeballs website.

Major props to whoever posted this. This is far and away the best video from that era that I’ve seen.

It’s already known…like in April.[tongue]

This was the one that I had to go to a ton of work to get. It was owned by a guy in Chicago, and after a lot of persuasion, he let me borrow it to rip to DVD. It’s not 1st gen, obviously, and it still has quite a few flaws, but it’s phenomanaly better than the versions that had been out there.

Where was it featured on that website? Be interesting to see.

1 Like

Watched this one again for the first time in years. Are there any better copies out there than this one?

2 Likes

Nice find. It appears that the HQ version on YouTube (from 2013) was taken down or the user deleted their YouTube account. This one is really good too. Someone must have the master copy somewhere. However, getting a clean transfer off VHS tape that is 40+ years old might be a difficult task.

2 Likes