LORAH Recalibrated

I’ve been reorganizing and updating tracklists from my favorite albums (the ones that require it anyway) and recording them onto minidisc and i think LORAH is a prime candidate for a recalibration.

This may be sacrilege to some but this is what I’ve come up with and I think it’s enhanced the listening pleasure.

1. Stigmata (remix)
  2. Deity
  3. You Know What You Are
  4. Golden Dawn
  5. Self Annoyed
  6. Flashback
  7. Hizbollah
  8. I Prefer
  9. The Missing
  10. Abortive
  11. LORAH

LORAH Live*

I used the singles version of Stiggy which i think is vastly superior to the album version. I also moved Deity up to the two hole just to ramp up the tempo a bit and I also wanted to separate The Missing because there’s too much sameness going on there I’d prefer it moved down the order to elevate the second half of the album.

I also rocketed You Know What You Are to #3 to quickly transition the album to the abrasive electronic portion and this track is perfectly suited for that role

I also substituted Destruction for Self Annoyed. Destruction is the dub version of Self Annoyed. For those of you who haven’t heard Self Annoyed it’s a great track with a fat wobbly bass line and a lot of factory noises going on and it oozes crunchy mechanical goodness. I was left astounded that they left this off the album upon first hearing it.

On the album Destruction immediately follows Golden Dawn which left you with essentially two instrumentals back to back occupying the meat of the album which I always thought was kinda lame and a momentum killer. One will suffice

I also think LORAH would make a killer closing track and thought I’d add the live version as a bonus track as well.

1 Like

Agree with your comments about “Self Annoyed.” It’s much better than “Destruction.” It sounded like Al was trying out different approaches with his vocal style (e.g., chanting, screaming, singing) during the recording sessions, and maybe “Self Annoyed” ultimately didn’t fit with his vocals on the other tracks that made the album.