Looking to Trade for Lollapalooza Shows

Hi everyone; glad to join the forum and this is my first post. Wanted to inquire if anyone’s interested in trading for shows Ministry (and others) played on the first three Lollapalooza tours.

I want to put together and share with the community an awesome compilation of performances from each band, sourcing the best sounding and/or best/uniquely performed songs from different dates/venues, and transition them so the listener gets the impression it’s the single best show the band played on the tour (complete with artwork, notes, etc.). I’ve done something similar for the first three Van Halen tours (YouTube “Van Halen Recollection”) just to let everyone know I’m not looking to just poach shows here. I want to create this for everyone’s listening pleasure. If interested, let me know here or feel free to email me at flon209@yahoo.com and I’ll be happy to share my trade list.

Thanks all!

I don’t have anything to trade or share, but your intro and idea was kind of interesting to me since the first 3 Lollapaloozas were the only ones I went to.

Thanks for the reply Gunnar

Sadly I actually missed Lolla 91 because of work schedule but I sure did live vicariously through friends on that one and now want to make a tribute for them. However, I did make it a priority to attend the 92 and 93 tours in Michigan and was not disappointed. 1992 was straight-up epic at Pine Knob; 1993 was a close second only because of the drag strip location as the logistics were poorly planned and due to heat exhaustion and lack of water resources, that day experienced an alarming number of ambulances rescuing people for treatment. But as far as performances go, that festival was one of the best and last I attended that still made me excited for those music genres.

Sounds like a cool project. good luck to you. I don’t think many people on the board collect too much here anymore (I only collect “professional” (artwork, silver bottomed cds) bootlegs and am not to into trading shows). I know Bisquitodoom does (or did) but he’s approached by actual record companies for his bootleg lists. Quite a few of his goodies were put in the wax trax box and I believe the toronto release was sourced from him as well, So, I doubt he’d be into what you have going on, but I definitely don’t speak for the dude, so i guess it couldn’t hurt to send him a direct message.

Appreciate your reply and info on Biquitodoom :+1:

I’ve been trying to assemble sources for Lolla shows since 2016 (on and off) and had some correspondence with him back then on Dime; said he’d be happy to share but I’m sure like all of us he’s busy with career/life stuff that surely takes precedence over this fun and time-consuming hobby. Here’s to hoping for some charity on this board because I love Ministry and want them to be well-represented on the compilation. Best of luck on collecting those silvers!

1 Like

Hey…I have a few boots for 91 & 92. Hit me up with your list and I’ll see if I have something you don’t have yet!

Really appreciate you reaching out; I’ll PM you

There is a Nine Inch Nails live archive that is fairly comprehensive and used to provide downloads to some excellent shows. There should be some info on the 1991 Lollapalooza shows. I don’t know who runs the site, but it may be worth reaching out.

NIN live archive site

1 Like

Thanks for the tip dicecrusher; I pillaged that site long ago LOL; but would be a good idea to check again as I’m sure there are updates

I know there’s a similar site for the Chili Peppers; would definitely like to know there are others like these