Live Concerts - Just Seen and Coming Up

I think we need a thread to discuss all our random live shows that we just saw or are coming up.

Recently saw:
Misfits @ Riot Fest Chicago
Alice Cooper in Vegas
Mercyful Fate in Dallas
W.A.S.P. In Anaheim

Most exciting for me was W.A.S.P. Just last night, First time seeing them and they’ve been a favorite band for over 10 years, but Blackie hasn’t played in the US for about 13 years. The setlist was perfection for me and even included my all-time favorite “Heaven’s Hung In Black”. And Blackie looks way more fit and trim than memes in recent years would have you guessing, haha!

Upcoming:
Judas Priest - Nov.7, Ontario

1 Like

I went and saw Cypress Hill last night. Fishbone opened. Really fun show.

Saw the Revolting Cocks back in September.

1 Like

Going to Louis ck at the paramount…

Revco ?? Where?? Who was in the group?

It was at the Mayan, downtown. Part of Cold Waves LA, opening for Nitzer Ebb. It was Paul, Chris, Jason Novak and another guy.

1 Like

I was going to see Kaelan Mikla on Saturday, but they got postponed for some reason.
Lingua Ignota and Black Lips both coming up later in November.

That does sound fun! Where was that one?

The Palladium. Total blast. The people watching was off the charts.

1 Like

I saw Napalm Death on Saturday night. Brujeria, Frozen Soul, and M.D.C. opened.

The guys in M.D.C. looked old and homeless. I felt bad. ND was pretty good, though. Really like them.

Zero shows coming up.

1 Like

I saw Porcupine Tree at RCMH in Sept & going to Mercyful Fate on the 10th of Nov.

I see Napalm Death and Brujeria in a few weeks. Looking forward to that one.

In the past year I saw Praxis, Nine inch Nails w/Ministry and Nitzer Ebb,Steve Vai,Clutch w/ Helmet and Quicksand,Scorpions,Crowbar,Man on Man, Ministry w/Melvins and COC and others Im sure that are eluding me atm …

Going to see Porcupine Tree in London next week and Katatonia in Tampa in Dec…

1 Like

A buddy of mine is a super fan and stays on the MDC circuit. I honestly haven’t seen a new post about them for probably 15 years, but even back then David Dictor (vox, frontman) looked 80 years old, so I can only imagine.

2 Likes

Ha Ha the “old and homeless” stood out to me too. I didn’t know they were still a band.

Going to see Opeth in a couple of weeks.

Not sure they’re about them being a ‘must see’ live experience, but I’ve seen them before and it was enjoyable - although I admit I was pretty drunk.

:joy:

1 Like

Opeth are fucking incredible live…see them every time they come through…where are you seeing them?

I’m going to see Opeth this month too.

It’s been a slow year for me. Only saw Neubauten in April (actually a 2020 concert) and recently attended a underground post punk/ dark wave festival. It was cool, small venue and good music. Most of the bands only play in big festivals nowadays and I promised never to attend a big festival again. Too many people, too many people that don’t give a fuck about the music…

1 Like

Utrecht. Netherlands. Home of the world’s biggest record fair!

:laughing:

Grumps and I saw Judas Priest last night. Holy fuck! I’m absolutely in awe of Rob Halford. Dude sounds as good as ever and was still nailing those brutal screams. And, yes, he rode his motorcycle on stage and we all went nuts. No “Painkiller” (sad face here) but it was such an incredible set loaded with big hits and deep cuts that I can forgive it.
He also came out with his Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame trophy and gave a lovely impromptu speech about how much it meant to him and how much he loved the heavy metal community and all the Priest fans. Such an awesome guy. He’s always been so sweet and humble that it makes his unique talent and dominating stage presence that much greater. After 50 years Priest is still at the top of the rock and roll food chain, steamrolling everyone.

1 Like

Fucking awesome show. I’d been told Priest concerts were stellar and they definitely held up to the hype. Halford Belting out those high notes without missing a beat was pretty fuckin sick to see in person. I’m glad I went.
Queensryche was actually not a bad opener. Their new singer sounded pretty good with the songs they played. He obviously stayed more to the higher register songs since no one, I think, would be able to hit the low end in Queensryche songs like Geoff did. But Empire was the highlight of the set and it was pretty rad, although the whole band sounded pretty tight.
Neither band disappointed but Halford was clearly the stand out far and away. Been crafting your skill for 50 years what would anyone expect…

1 Like